Lightning Sorcerer glitch

drakosef

Hello!

I've recently noticed that the top lightning sorcerer parses are all over 10k dps. When you look up their rotation you can

see that they're all using a glitch. They somehow use: Lightning Bolt -> Chain Lightning -> Thundering blast -> Chain lightning.

I've tried to reproduce this rotation but it seems not to work for me. Could anyone explain it to me, how it's done?

Here the parse of the #1 Sorcerer http://parsely.io/parser/view/286734/0

Greetings,

drakosef

Edited by drakosef

I doubt, that BW will be okay with s.o. giving advices in terms of bugusing. However, what I can say is, that there is a bug, with which it is possible, to use chain lightning on cooldown without a cast-time, even though it is not procced.

It's a glitch that can be reproduced. All top lightning sorcerers are using it. They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds.

Once this glitch is ''activated'' it's working as long as you don't switch the instance.

Edited by drakosef

It's a glitch that can be reproduced. All top lightning sorcerers are using it. They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds.

Once this glitch is ''activated'' it's working as long as you don't switch the instance.

No one has explained how this works, you said "They insta cast chain lightning, then they cast thundering blast, and then insta cast chain lightning again. And all that in 2.2 seconds." Think about what you just said.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The glitch is very repeatable and no, they are not hard casting chain lightning. Unfortunately hardcasting CL is a dps loss, except in very specific circumstances.

If you want a rotation that doesn't include CL bug, then look up Malocath on Shadowlands. He's cleared all content as a lightning Sorc. No CL bug.

Edited by AwkwardGinger

After 30 minutes on the operation dummy, and on the warzone dummy, on the fleet and on my ship. And 3 Hammer Station CXP run. I have to call shenanigans, on the Lightning Sorcerer glitch.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

After 30 minutes on the operation dummy, and on the warzone dummy, on the fleet and on my ship. And 3 Hammer Station CXP run. I have to call shenanigans, on the Lightning Sorcerer glitch.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Believe it or not but that's how it works. I have gotten the glitch myself in a couple of flashpoints. I have no idea how you can force it and I don't care. But it exists.

Edited by Equeliber

You'll never get the bug on a training dummy. Never.

Yes you can) you will need a friend's help but i will not tell u how to do it.

Highest lightning parse without a bug is 9.7k. 10k dps = CL exploit

I just hope they don't nerf lightning to the point when it does 8.7k just because Devs are not aware of the exploit

Edited by BraverDre

Yes you can) you will need a friend's help but i will not tell u how to do it.

Highest lightning parse without a bug is 9.7k. 10k dps = CL exploit

I just hope they don't nerf lightning to the point when it does 8.7k just because Devs are not aware of the exploit

I believe big foot exist, I have no real proof...but it is real. But he can't hide forever, we will find him, and his friend the Chupacabra, just you wait. One day the space aliens will stop hiding them. Do we need to nerf the space aliens?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Well a quick look at the parse logs of the top lightning parses on the training dummy compared to some of the still high but not 10k ones will show the use of chain lightning is nearly doubled. But that's only because those top parsing sorcs know how to play their class eh. :rolleyes:

Is this seriously the same bug from like 2.0 where if you hit something that has force invul or resists your procced chain lighting it doesn't treat it as it happened and just becomes instant cast non stop? If so well lol this goes up there with stuff like knights and warriors getting stuck in floors or objects after leaping bugs so old kinda funny they manged to reproduce it/re install lol?

Is this seriously the same bug from like 2.0 where if you hit something that has force invul or resists your procced chain lighting it doesn't treat it as it happened and just becomes instant cast non stop? If so well lol this goes up there with stuff like knights and warriors getting stuck in floors or objects after leaping bugs so old kinda funny they manged to reproduce it/re install lol?

No comment on the process. It's not really funny when it's been going on for over 4 years and makes balancing the spec near asinine despite frequent reports about it.

Edited by FerkWork

I believe big foot exist, I have no real proof...but it is real. But he can't hide forever, we will find him, and his friend the Chupacabra, just you wait. One day the space aliens will stop hiding them. Do we need to nerf the space aliens?:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

You are so clever...

Look at top parses and see the amount of Chain Lightnings. In a legit parse it should be the same or like 1 less/more than the amount of Thundering Blasts. In bugged parses it's about double because the proc doesn't have a full cooldown but only the cooldown of Chain Lightning.

It's common sense, really.

I have talked to Keith concerning this bug. He said they are planning a fix for Patch 5.4.

Bioware is aware of it and they will fix it.

Well they admitted to being aware of it all the way back in 3.x and it's 5.x so I will believe when I see it.

Edited by FerkWork

Good to know that they continue to be aware of it and continue to plan to look into the idea of possibly fixing it in 5.4. They should reset parsely in 5.4 to reflect the changes. The real #1 lightning parse is this:

http://parsely.io/parser/view/286588/0

Everything using CL bug is irrelevant, and that includes raid settings, pvp, etc.

A good, mistake-free lighting parse with decent crits is 9500, not 10k. Anything 9700 and above is basically 1-in-1000.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

• 2 weeks later...
I have talked to Keith concerning this bug. He said they are planning a fix for Patch 5.4.

Bioware is aware of it and they will fix it.

There is not a fix coming for sorcs, why fix an imaginary problem. Here are the 5.4 patch notes.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9366529#edit9366529

07.21.2017 , 09:31 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next

REPORT POST QUOTE

Hey everyone,

We are quite a few weeks away from publishing the next 90 day update for our SWTOR Roadmap. We solidified our content plan and release schedule, so I’ll include all those details in the update. But, as you know, we’re really trying to provide you with more insight than ever before, and I’d like to know what other information you’d want to see in the Roadmap. Obviously, I can’t promise to include everything, but will do my best to address a wide variety of your requests.

Many of you read the SWTOR roadmap (http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170531), and realize I had left you with an elusive “and more to come…” in the Game Update 5.4 section. I thought this would be a good time to let you know what will be released on August 22nd with the next game update. Here’s a few highlights of what you can expect:

Crisis on Umbara – Our story will continue in a new Flashpoint coming on the planet of Umbara. This Flashpoint will launch with all 3 difficulties, Story, Veteran and Master. For Umbara’s Master Mode we are trying something new, and depending on how well it goes, we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group. We’re adding a new average rating identifier on your character window which will be based on the items you have ‘equipped’.

Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.

Companion Customization – Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.

Quality of Life – Companions can now be summoned while moving.

A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.

Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):

Lime"]Lethality / Ruffian

Concealment / Scrapper

Medicine / Sawbones

Fury / Concentration

Carnage / Combat

Season 8 will be coming to an end! We will post the full breakdown of rewards with screenshots in the coming weeks but in the meantime… the top rewards include a full weapon set and a new Ember Makrin Mount.

We are making changes to daily and weekly mission rewards for PvP with the intent of substantially improving Unassembled Component gain for players who complete both Ranked and Unranked missions.

Back to the Roadmap update for a moment as I’d like to provide some guidelines about the feedback. Be concise and specific. Think how it will affect other players, fairness, progression, impact, to help us truly understand and weigh your thoughts against the entire plan/direction.

Keep in mind, our goal for this year was to put us on a track of providing new and challenging multi-player content, while addressing all the gameplay systems in SWTOR. It does mean spreading content out over the year, but I still believe having access to content sooner is more desirable than having to wait a year to get it all at once.

Chat with you all soon.

Keith

Keith Kanneg | Game Producer

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

No imaginary fixes for an imaginary bug.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by ufarax