Get ready to play - activate your account

StephenReid

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To confirm others posting, you can create a subscription with a credit card and then immediately cancel (and leave a long message explaining your feelings of this practice). If you have to purchase a game card, then you are just screwed out of an additional $30 if you find you don't like the game during your 30 day 'trial'.

Also- this is NOT a normal practice for MMORPGs; over the past several years I have played:

World of WarCraft

Aion

Star Trek Online

Lord of the Rings Online

Age of Conan

Dungeons and Dragons Online

Final Fantasy XI (and XIV) online

Ultima Online

...and others I cannot remember at the moment.

NONE of these games required an active subscription before the initial 30 day trial was up; this is the purpose of being a 'trial'- if the game is good, I will create a permanent account and subscribe- but if it sucks I don't have to worry about having my personal information and CC# info on yet another server on the internet.

Anyone that says different is very misinformed and doesn't know what they are talking about -or perhaps trying to circulate misinformation on behalf of EA/BioWare? (Mayhaps this is normal for EA MMORPGs?)

This practice is complete BS and will be a complete PR nightmare as it taints the shiny, new image for an otherwise fairly enjoyable game.

Totally ****ed up for them to do. EA just gave the middle finger to all of us that dont have the $15, especially on christmas after we spent all our money on other people... My heart goes out to those that got it for christmas and cant get in. Not to mention the ******** about not being able to comment on forums unless you can play the game. ***? So, basically conform and pay them loads of cash, or you cant even talk about your problem to other people that might be concerned. Okay, sounds fair EA, sounds totally fair.

Hello,

I have a feeling I will be purchasing this as a gift after Christmas for my little brother and I was wondering will he get he one month free game time or will I have to get a prepaid card. Thanks very much

Yie

Hello Phill, im sorry to say that if you did buy it and did not buy the prepaid card, you will probably be in the middle of a nightmare like i was for a while. To activate the so called "free" month, you must either give them your credit card information or buy even more game time. Horrible, but its how EA does business.

Hello there! Just a quick query to make, I just finished setting up my account and at some point, in order to proceed, I had to enter my PayPal/credit card details. Since I had no time card available and was planning on using the free time that's activated once you register the game, I canceled immediately. I was aware of the fact that you're billed every 30 days, but I happened to read previous statements regarding immediate charge of the account. Is this true?

-Thanks in advance.

NickParman

• 1 month later...
Qestion guys, If I already have a digital deluxe edition and want to upgrade to the CE (collectors edition) can I just buy the collectors edition and grad the code and ad in on my account under "ad a code" ..? Will that work..? Looking to take advantage of the in-game CE vendor. Thanks.

Qestion guys, If I already have a digital deluxe edition and want to upgrade to the CE (collectors edition) can I just buy the collectors edition and grad the code and ad in on my account under "ad a code" ..? Will that work..? Looking to take advantage of the in-game CE vendor. Thanks.

I don't know, but the C.E. Vendor sucks and is not worth it right now.