T.H.A.T - Tanks and Heals Against Tactical

Docmal

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must decline that invitation.

My healer can turn DPS at the drop of a hat. Please go solicit for drama somewhere else.

Yea I don't get the rage I'm starting to see against this kind of flashpoint. It encourages you to try something different.

And by all means, if you're a subscriber, buy the field respec character perk. It's amazing.

Yea I don't get the rage I'm starting to see against this kind of flashpoint. It encourages you to try something different.

And by all means, if you're a subscriber, buy the field respec character perk. It's amazing.

Hey tank, respec dps, and have good dps gear, or we kick. We want to kill everything fast.

Hey tank, respec dps, and have good dps gear, or we kick. We want to kill everything fast.

There's enough main stat on your tank gear to do enough damage in these flashpoints and get past them fine. Elitists will be elitists regardless of what kinds of flashpoints BioWare gives us.

As a player who runs almost 100% tanks and healers, I love the idea of tactical flash points.

They will (hopefully) keep the bottom of the barrel DD's occupied while I queue with the excellent DD's I've added to my friends list and that are in my guild.

Win-Win-Win. Everybody wins. How often does that happen? :cool:

There's enough main stat on your tank gear to do enough damage in these flashpoints and get past them fine. Elitists will be elitists regardless of what kinds of flashpoints BioWare gives us.

Elitists will be elitists so it doesn't matter if we give them even more ways to do so?

Flashpoints like this are ridiculous in a game that was designed for Tank, Healer, DPS.

Elitists will be elitists so it doesn't matter if we give them even more ways to do so?

Flashpoints like this are ridiculous in a game that was designed for Tank, Healer, DPS.

People complain about the trinity model.

Then people (DD's specifically) complain that flash point groups via Group Finder take way too long to get into.

Then BioWare solves both problems.

Then people complain that BioWare solved both problems.

*Spock voice* Fascinating.

As a player who runs almost 100% tanks and healers, I love the idea of tactical flash points.

They will (hopefully) keep the bottom of the barrel DD's occupied while I queue with the excellent DD's I've added to my friends list and that are in my guild.

Win-Win-Win. Everybody wins. How often does that happen? :cool:

I too play almost exclusively tanks and healers with two end-game of each, and I too love the idea of Tactical Flashpoints. I hate being role-locked.

I play a tank as my main. Having to maintain a second set of gear is a pain, doing dailies is a pain. I know every fight back-to-front and inside out. Every Flashpoint, every operation, becomes a case of rise-repeat the same old patterns. There's no variation -- with a Tactical Flashpoint things might at least be a little more chaotic, let me improvise and react rather than moving from A->B->C.

The most fun I have on my tank is solo, fighting enemies intended for groups and finding ways to kill them on my own because dammit, at least then I'm having to keep my wits about me and not follow routine movements and ability rotations. The same applies to my healers.

Well for starters, I enjoy tanking a lot more than DPSing. So if I can't tank, I'd be unhappy. If you want a great example of why role neutral doesn't work, see GW2.

I see. You seem to think that if they add Role-neutral HM FPs, that they'll remove the classic 'trinity' versions as well.

I wouldn't wager much on that assumption.

I see. You seem to think that if they add Role-neutral HM FPs, that they'll remove the classic 'trinity' versions as well.

I wouldn't wager much on that assumption.

I thought they already said that they are moving away from Trinity in Phoenix. I remember it was in one of the posts from a guy who joined.