So Quinn $£#¤%¤%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

Lord_Karsk

My Light Side Warrior basically took the position, "Oh Quinn betrayed me. What took you so long buddy? You think I didn't know Darth Fatty planted you on my ship?" "Now get back to work! Grown folks have business to attend to."

I wish I could bust him down in rank and promote Peirce over him though. That would have been true justice.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Didn't really make much difference then, I don't even remember fighting him, must have gone down pretty quickly.l

He was a regular strength mob. He deployed a repair probe on one droid, which is what prompted me to roflstomp him first. I might draw it out longer next time, because apparently that is my one chance to deal him any punishment.

The Jaesa thing drives me nuts - I guess you can pick up that he's fanatically devoted to his Empire? Is that really the best detail you can find? Or something? I don't even know.

I have a sudden desire to dress him up in the most ridiculous outfit possible for the next Warrior I bring out that way. Maybe a Willpower skirt.

I've played a game where when a companion turns on you (and potentially takes other companions with him), and if you stripped him first he will actually say "Thought you could weaken us before getting rid of us, eh? Too bad. I brought gear." And they'll fight you with appropriate at-level-gear stats. I thought that was an awesome touch. Like no, I'm not going to forget to bring pants to the battlefield just because you stole mine.

I've killed ppl for looking at me wrong and here comes a guy that betray me and I can't kill him? TBH even if he was my one and only healer I would have killed him!

I played a LS SW...and I would've killed him.

If I wrote the SW story, I would've had a replacement healer available at Fleet. Just a generic, randomized imperial officer, like those in the various planet quests in the grey uniforms and snappy hats. Same stats just bland with no personality and no dialogue.

Personally, I think you should have the option to kill him.

The main argument against this is that it leaves you without a healer, which lots of people would regret down the line. I'd propose this solution then:

If the SW kills Quinn, give the SW a healing droid - either the ship droid souped up, or more likely just some new droid. No voiceover needed beyond "beep beep ba-doop" or whatever the generic droid sounds are. The details of the droid's look are up for debate (I personally envision it as one of those Imperial medical droids that's the standard vendor), and the details of how you get it are up for debate. I think it would make sense for higher-up in the Empire, like those Emperor's Hands guys, to compensate you for Quinn's betrayal by gifting it to you, but again, the details are up for discussions.

My two cents. Wanted to kill that SOB pretty badly.

EDIT: MediumD beat me to it! I agree with what she said - droid or officer, either way a generic would be better than keeping MQ. We even get to feel a bit like Vader this way, issue sudden fatal demotions.

Hell, I like this! We could randomly choke our Rent-An-Officer for not healing fast enough and promote one of his poor red-shirted companions.

Edited by MNWolf

That's probably Neverwinter Nights 2.

That's the one. :) Companion betrayal done well...and with actual discernible reasons...and with meaningful consequences.

If the SW kills Quinn, give the SW a healing droid - either the ship droid souped up, or more likely just some new droid.

<snip>

EDIT: MediumD beat me to it! I agree with what she said - droid or officer, either way a generic would be better than keeping MQ. We even get to feel a bit like Vader this way, issue sudden fatal demotions.

Hell, I like this! We could randomly choke our Rent-An-Officer for not healing fast enough and promote one of his poor red-shirted companions.

A droid, or...we Warriors were just talking to a healer lady on Voss. Six hours later we're stepping off planet and dealing with Quinn...would it be that hard to go back and press her into service?

He can heal, but from what I hear (I haven't really used him) it's not as good as Quinn.

Plus, if they were ever to introduce a "kill Quinn" mechanic into the game, I imagine they'd open it up for one companion in each class. Some of those are DPS and tanks, so introducing a random officer or droid to pick up the dead companion's slack would make more sense than just assuming the players will always use the ship droid.

He can heal, but from what I hear (I haven't really used him) it's not as good as Quinn.

This is true. The ship droids cannot use weapons, and so miss out on a chunk of stats. This also means they run into melee to throw punches in between heals. They were not made to be as capable as a full companion.

I've still found mine adequate for soloing with my Marauder, but I haven't tried challenging content with it.

This thread is a repeated thread, OP use the search function.

But since no one on the first page bothered to mention this, I will say, they made it so you couldn't kill any of your companions because during beta when you could kill them people were whining and QQing about how they lost their healing companion etc.

Blame the whiners from beta if you wanted to kill him.

Personally I think Quinn's hot *** saves him :p. My Sith Warrior wanted to grab him and have angry make up sex with him right then and there.

I have retcinned it in my head. My warrior kept Quinn alive in the short term by promising him his life and tricking him back onto the ship. There he was slowly and painfully executed for the education and enterttainment of the crew. His stuffed corpse now stand on the bridge as testimony to the price of treason.

His stuffed corpse now stand on the bridge as testimony to the price of treason.

His stuffed corpse

this is hilarious xD

Edited by Kaedusz

Yep, really wish we could kill him.

We've all got a ship droid who can be outfitted to heal....so Quinn wouldn't be necessary. Really was a break in character for my Dark Side 5 Jugg to have to let him live. Immersion breaking really.

Ive made choices throughout the game in which my Jugg has killed many for alot less.

• 1 month later...
Personally I think Quinn's hot *** saves him :p. My Sith Warrior wanted to grab him and have angry make up sex with him right then and there.

Oh, I wanted to punish him first. Strip him down to his jock, chain his hands over his head, then alternately choke and flog him with a bull whip until he screamed and the floor turned red. Then teach him just how much pain and pleasure have in common on that very floor. I wonder what the SWTOR universe calls the cowgirl?

Things like this are probably why my husband says I am really a Mord-Sith but Sith warrior was the closest I can get in an MMO. :D

Edited by poneez
Mispellings

This is why they need to have companions do multiple things... Jaesa (and maybe Vette) should both be able to DPS or heal, the player's choice. Back when I finished the TOR storyline two weeks after release, I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't off Quinn, or at least give SOME plausible reason for him to live.

Ok, so I apparently have an unhealthy fascination here is my preferred scenario in final form.

Oh, I wanted to punish him first. Strip him down to his jock, chain his hands over his head, then alternately choke him from my most comfortable chair or have Pierce flog him with a bull whip until he screamed and the floor turned red. In the meantime, Vette fans me with a huge feather fan and Jaesa feeds me peeled frozen grapes. After a suitable time of such fun,I would teach darling Quinn just how much pain and pleasure have in common on that very floor. In the morning, he would wake up with a shock collar and be ever so grateful to have such a merciful mistress.

Edited by poneez
Mispellings

Not a huge surprise that Quinn turns on you, his first loyalty is to the Empire and specifically Baras, not you. Baras suggested he join your crew so he could keep an eye on you and plot against you if needed.

I get why BW didn't let us kill him, but they should have let us put a shock collar on him. Instead he basically gets a slap on the wrist. This is the only real lame part in an otherwise great class story.

Belsavis, Social Points item, Prisoner's Headgear... when it comes down to it Quinn is useful in combat but, if you can max the affection on the others first do so instead of him. Having played KOTOR 2 the betrayal was obvious though one hint for those doing this is to take his gear into the inventory before the fight that way he's even faster to the choke.His default clothing will be there for the cutscense and yes I've thought killing him would have been much better. :cool:

Way I see it, if you kill off a companion - you GET A CHOICE of replacement.

If you kill off a healer, like most warriors would want to... naturally, the skill-set given would be a healers one... of your choice, so if you wanted, it could be a force-healer! (gasp!)

Voice a problem? Nope.

Just pick someone from the opposite faction as the voice - so if you're a warrior, give the companion the knight voice. The actors are still on the paygrade as far as I know...