The Legacy Alt: Play yourself as a companion!

swdrgn

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure it would be as hard as your making it out to be there. The companion responses could be in line with your characters current alignment leaning (and could come from their already populated voice catalog of responses). As stated by the original poster and many since, the alt you "companionize" wouldn't be earning xp so its not really a quick leveling scam. I would imagine your skill options would pull from either your most used skills or defining character skills (my sawbones main would primarily have his healing skills, my vanguard would primarily have his taunt based skills). I actually think allowing the companion to have access to all their skills would make it unreasonable to coordinate as a companion, but allowing them access to their higher level skills would reflect the nature of the relationship between the companions (e.g. if my smuggler was level 50 and my trooper was level 20 the smuggler should still have his ship callin skill even when he's acting as a 20th level companion).

I like it, its simple (relatively) and really gives the legacy system a feeling of family implementation. You could then have that epic family moment when Darth Vader turns on the Emperor to save Luke. Now really, now amazing would that be?

I agree with this. It really wouldn't be that hard to implement. Each companion we already have has similar abilities to an actual player class / advanced class / skill spec. For simplicity's sake, just reuse the abilities provided by a companion who is essentially the equivalent to what your alt or main is. That's all you really need to do. A shared bank and access to that character's crew skills might be a bit more difficult and troublesome, but I think Bioware can make it work. I mean, if Blizzard can implement all the crazy ideas and suggestions people have had in WoW, I have no doubt Bioware has the ability to do the same. And this really isn't that crazy.

I approve of this thread.

This is awesome!

Honestly, don't give the alt-companion access to all their skills. Bioware could just create 16 (one for each Adv. Class) skill bars that are comparable to regular companions. So a mercenary would have a healing and dps stance, as well as some heals and dps skills, while a juggernaut would have tank and dps stance, etc. etc.

Also, on gear.... I kinda say the alt just looks like whatever gear they have on normally, and that you can't modify it, it just scales down (or up), that would probably be the simplest method, and the least open for abuse.

edit: and monegames beat me to it while I was typing... lol!

this (and monegames too of course) is one of the best ideas i have read so far but i would like a limitation on the system:

in my opinion if i play the current character on level 30 and the alt-companion is a level 50 the level and gear should be scaled down to level 30 (respecting rarity and type toned down if none is applicable, level 30 greens if the alt-companion is equipped with level 50 greens and the same type of lower level mods or stats depending if it was custom or normal gear) and be unequippable.

this would allow to the alt-companion to look the part but not imbalance the game (too much) the difference on the other suggestion is that the inverse would not apply, the level 30 green geared would be still level 30 green geared if used as an alt-companion by the level 50 character (rendering him/her more or less useless and preventing people to just create all the AC to have the bolstered alts-companions available).

i do also agree that they would need a AC specific companion bar (not respecting the talents placed but just a generic one that reflect that class best).

edit: i would like to add that i don't like the idea of cross faction alt-companions

Edited by AlucardCYB

• 3 years later...

I really love this idea. Having an alt as your companion and fighting along side them (your legacy brother, wife, ally etc.) would really make for a fun experience.

I also think they should work as comps do now; buffed to your level, stats not based on gear etc. (But you wouldn't be able to change their role. If your cousin is a jug, she can't be heals for example. Is a tank.)

While i'm not to sure about gaining more xp or something like that as a reward for playing with your alt, I definitely support the base idea. I'd be very fun and refreshing.:D