Need a Death Match.

Fliry

If you think class stacking is bad now (which I don't) it'll be even worse with no objectives. Why bring anything but 2 Operative healers and 3 each of Pyro PT's and Smash Juggs?

I think 2 op healers, 2 sin tanks and 4 sin/operative dps will do more destruction.

show up, kill 2, vanish, show, kill 2, no need to vanish, 4 left = easy kill.

Edited by Atramar

I wouldn't mind a deathmatch. But you need some way to split up the groups so its not an insta-gib zerg-fest. Those are boring and annoying. I'm looking at you Ilum.

Perhaps 4v4, or some mechanic splitting a group of 8 into two or three smaller groups.

We all know how fun deadlocked Voidstars are: Two teams lolsmashing each other at the first doors for the entire warzone... getting no where and accomplishing nothing beyond ego-padded numbers.

That is exactly what a simple arena team deathmatch warzone would be like. But that is so much fun.... right? :rolleyes:

The only way that a 'deathmatch' style warzone would works is if the map itself was an extensive, multi-tiered maze style layout with traps/pits/ramps/hazards. Basically taking the Huttball map and combining it with Voidstar's multi-point spawns (depending on where you are slain in the map) and amplifying the map size to that of Novare Coast or Civil War. You could even theme it around a minotaur-esque type maze using the Esh-kha race and Belsavis as the world-setting.

Two teams enter the maze and the team with the most total combined medals (healing/damage/kills/protection/damage taken/etc) at the end of the countdown wins.

The only downside with this is that you most likely wouldn't be seeing the massive ego-bloating numbers on the scoreboard at the end of the match (which seems to be the only thing that most calling for a deathmatch style warzone want) because people would have to hunt/chase/EARN their medals.

Edited by truchaos

We really need a warzone that is only about killing the enemies, the objective pvp was fun at the start but its old now. Lets have some death match rounds and just enjoy killing each other.

I think you are going to like Ancient Hypergates next year.

I love the idea of having stuns taken out of WZ, stun grenades included. If not, I think the grenades should be on the same "rule" as medpacs. Once per fight instead of 120s cool down.

The idea of having a mix of WZ's to give everyone a bigger pool of fun is very appealing. Not to mention, open world pvp spots could have mission boxes where people could get comms or medals that way, for doing "Death Matches" and such out there.

Edited by Lithe

If you think class stacking is bad now (which I don't) it'll be even worse with no objectives. Why bring anything but 2 Operative healers and 3 each of Pyro PT's and Smash Juggs?

because according to Sneik, you're better off with 3 pyro mercs. :rolleyes:

I think 8 man FFA deah match would be fantastic. 8 different random spawn points, no perches just for snipers to sit up on to freely dps and kb anyone who makes it up to them. They have kiting abilities no need for a bird's nett. Winner kills/death ratio or combo kill points for killing streaks or by damage/healing done if it's a close match. 1 winne r but everyone comes in place and rewared in that order.... #1 best reward with bonus etc...... just a quick thought. I have to get back to work :( someone help me out here. OH And for the love of god....absolutely NO pve....that means no traps/pits and BS. If a player don't kill you...it's not pvp. I know it's hard to keep that crap out. But it's not needed. We already spend half of our matches waiting for a spawn door. Leaving the stuff what you think would be a great addition to a map out. It's never good in pvp. Thx Edited by Lejune
Forgot something

I wouldn't mind a deathmatch. But you need some way to split up the groups so its not an insta-gib zerg-fest. Those are boring and annoying. I'm looking at you Ilum.

Perhaps 4v4, or some mechanic splitting a group of 8 into two or three smaller groups.

Yeah, good point. Truchaos's post below yours has an idea I agree with, not necessarily a maze-like map but something other than a flat-floored arena would be needed. Otherwise said zergfest/pile in the middle would get old in about 5 seconds.

Stationary weapons like some FPs and ilum have?

Obstacles, traps; *triggerable* traps or obstacles for prime real estate?

Multiple levels or elevated key areas?

Seperate spawn points shared by both factions (not together mind you) so small groups run in from different directions?

NPCs making an appearance, like lions and other beastly animals did during gladiator fights in the Roman Coliseum?

Just tossing some ideas, all of which could be fun or a horrendous PITA...

Edited by Joesixxpack

Agree. I don't want to run around with a ball or guard a door. I want to kill people, without worrying.

Yeah solo guarding a node that is never attacked in Alderaan Civil War is literally THE BIGGEST waste of life. You literally get little to NO action doing that and you're forced to sit and stare at your motionless computer screen for 15minutes.

I think that is a horrible game design. While the premise of the obj match in alderaan is fun, and seems fun....guarding the nodes, is not. And hence, no one wants to do it. Which is why everyone gets ADD and just Team Death Matches on their own anyway.

This game BAAAAAADLY needs a 0 objectives warzone. Especially since this game doesn't have any...ANY world pvp (and even less open world where companions aren't involved). Its that bad.

Yeah solo guarding a node that is never attacked in Alderaan Civil War is literally THE BIGGEST waste of life. You literally get little to NO action doing that and you're forced to sit and stare at your motionless computer screen for 15minutes.

I think that is a horrible game design. While the premise of the obj match in alderaan is fun, and seems fun....guarding the nodes, is not. And hence, no one wants to do it. Which is why everyone gets ADD and just Team Death Matches on their own anyway.

This game BAAAAAADLY needs a 0 objectives warzone. Especially since this game doesn't have any...ANY world pvp (and even less open world where companions aren't involved). Its that bad.

Well, I lways saw Voidstar as DM... I mean, a door, bridge, door, force field, door, console... is it so much of objective?

Stun the guy who will interrupt plant, aoe interrupt planters.... is it really so hard?

edit: I love guarding node... all those medals for solo kills <3

Edited by Atramar