One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

CommanderKeeva

The Mutated Collicoids have been added to Imperial Balmorra outside the final Inquisitor mission at the end of the planet. I got this in May I believe after a new patch came out. However you are right they should start with the entries directly affecting achievements. being so close to those two titles of Loremaster and Galactic Beastmaster is killing me.

THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% AFFECTS HOW I PLAY MY GAME!

How did you get the Sand Demon entry on Tatooine? The only Sand Demon on the planet I know of is located inside a Jedi Knight phase. Isn't the Sand Demon entry needed as well for the Galactic Beastmaster title?

Edited by CommanderKeeva

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get the Sand Demon entry on Tatooine? The only Sand Demon on the planet I know of is located inside a Jedi Knight phase. Isn't the Sand Demon entry needed as well for the Galactic Beastmaster title?

Easy :D

Ask in chat if someone needs to make this quest.

Go with him and you get it.

Many are real happy if someone helps in this quest, because for some its to hart!

To your first post....

nice work, all titles, all lore and all other things they are not working in the moment.

PS: sorry my english isnt so good :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to thank you also for listing up all buggy entries.

I listed up buggy entries in the german part of the forum (Liste aller problematischen Kodexeinträge) last year, but I think it's much better to post it here. It seems to be because the answer you got from JesseSky has never received the german part of the forum, the last answer 'we' got is from beginning of february ... :(

I'm still hoping the codex will get fixed sooner or later .. maybe?

Edited by Han_Salo

The Mutated Collicoids have been added to Imperial Balmorra outside the final Inquisitor mission at the end of the planet. I got this in May I believe after a new patch came out. However you are right they should start with the entries directly affecting achievements. being so close to those two titles of Loremaster and Galactic Beastmaster is killing me.

THIS ABSOLUTELY 100% AFFECTS HOW I PLAY MY GAME!

The collicoids are still a little tricky to get to if you don't have an Inquisitor. What I did was use my jugg to force push my friend up into the area and go up after him, but as someone suggested with the sand demon, you can just follow an Inquisitor through. I've seen lots of them asking for help with that quest.

Am I dreaming? Some codex bugs are being fixed in tomorrow's patch!

Codex

The unobtainable Ilum Persons of Note Codex entry for Master Jaric Kaeden has been removed for Republic players.

Republic players are now able to find a Lore Object granting the Codex entry "Caught Between Two Foes."

Imperial players are now able to find a Lore Object granting the Codex entry "Corellian Engineering Corporation."

Defeating a Killik on Alderaan now appropriately grants a Species Codex entry.

The Datacron Codex entry "Galactic History 88: The Unlikely Champion" is now properly listed under Makeb rather than Alderaan.

The unobtainable Locations Alderaan Codex entry "The Elysium" has been removed for Republic players.

The BT-7 Thunderclap Codex entry now correctly displays an image of the Trooper ship.

I just don't like the way of "fixing" a Codex entry by REMOVING it.

I was so much looking forward to FINALLY getting an Codex entry abot The Elysium - but now it's just gone !

Gone - simply gone - instead of reattaching it so something else (an in-game object, for example).

And what botheres me even more is that only republican Codex entries are removed.

Does this mean that

- Imperial Codex entries are bug-free?

- That the imperial side got more attention in the first place so that no such bugs could happen in the first place ?

Am I dreaming? Some codex bugs are being fixed in tomorrow's patch!

I'm very glad to hear this. I realize it seems like an insurmountable task, but if they fix a few codex entries on every patch, they'll eventually get caught up. This may seem like a tiny, non-gameplay affecting issue, but it's really one of the most basic quality-of-life things that make players upset when they aren't working properly.

I'd like to suggest that they start by focusing on the codex entries that can lead to title awards (Loremaster, Beastmaster, etc.) as these are the ones the players will most often be questing for.

Once again, please do keep up with small improvements like this, as they are noticed and appreciated!

I just don't like the way of "fixing" a Codex entry by REMOVING it.

I was so much looking forward to FINALLY getting an Codex entry abot The Elysium - but now it's just gone !

Gone - simply gone - instead of reattaching it so something else (an in-game object, for example).

?

Uh... well it's possible that it wasn't available because nobody ever wrote that codex entry? Maybe they'll put it on the list of things to add in, when they start putting new entries in the system.

And what botheres me even more is that only republican Codex entries are removed.

Does this mean that

- Imperial Codex entries are bug-free?

- That the imperial side got more attention in the first place so that no such bugs could happen in the first place ?

They aren't all Republic entries. The Correllian Engineering, Killik, and Galactic History 88 entries affect Imperial players.

It looks like they're just fixing what's easily fixable first, regardless of which faction it affects. Perhaps the next wave of fixes will be mostly Imperial.

Ehm, just past weekend, with my Bounty Hunter doing a quest with my Sith Inquisitor friend I got the "Elysium" codex entry. So it's ingame, won't make sense to remove it then...?

The codex fixes I want most;

* Missing species (so many exist, but barely any of them work).

* Epic enemy entries no longer given since achievement system (which also gets you stuck having only 10% depending how many you got before that patch).

* All the missing titles (got 0/1 for pretty much every planet. According to various places these titles are for doing the bonus series. Did, never got them, they pretty much all dont work).

I've been a codex hawk from the get go (19 months in before the FIRST fixes) but I have to give BW some credit here. This is a goodfaith effort for the codex in 2.2.2 and I'm pleased.

I'd say 5-6 codex fixes per major patch could get this thing turned around!

The state of the codex is clearly not acceptable, but keep it up BW!

So, checking it after 2.2.2;

* The "" category hidden away above datacron's 2 entries no longer have images. "" is just blank, but Outlaw's Den and Ilum Landing zone reside there, and the last 2 no longr have images.

* Space; New Cov Astroid field (elimate all enemies) still misses it's image (always has)

* Lisk in Bestiary has no image.

* Lore - Hutt neutrality has no image.

And of course the 5/6 Taris quick overview is still there, as is the text cutoff.

The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.

Use some of that CM money and get crackin' or better yet, hire back the people who helped make it to fix it.

Ehm, just past weekend, with my Bounty Hunter doing a quest with my Sith Inquisitor friend I got the "Elysium" codex entry. So it's ingame, won't make sense to remove it then...?

Which is exactly what I feared.

My "inner cynic" wants a collection, a list of achievable codex entries for both the republic and the empire - and my "inner cynic" also fear that the amount of Codex entries for the Empire will be higher because the developers simply neglect the Republic. I'd call that "favouritism" towards the Empire side of the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know when the Ilum Beasts will be fixed? currently strolling around IIlum trying to find them...all I could find is Champion ice guids, The Crystal eater and and Champion tauntan :(

I'm not sure, but I'd love for it to be fixed -- it's the last thing I need for the Beastmaster title. I've even got the Sand Demon and the Mutated Colicoid entries -- which were pains to get, but technically possible.

Loremaster still needs a few planets, sadly.

To be honest, I'd be reasonably happy if they just removed the bugged items from the title achievements, so that all titles are achievable, and add them back in as they fix.

Really pleased to see these being dealt with. It's one in the eye to all the cynics and complainers that insist that the few team only work on things that make money.

Thanks Bioware. Not every player is a hostile whiner, they're just over represented on the forums.

Rather they fix it than that.

Otherwise they need to be permanently undone from the archievs o re-added (and will people loose it, or keep it? Etc.) which all can be problematic.

Certainly more than simply making the codex entries achievable, which fixes everything in one swoop, rather than adding more potential problems...

yes, Elysium now only Empire codex

and it is correct

because only imperial player have heroic in this location

But I thought that this place was important for the Republic ? That's why I just don't understand that Republic players didn't get it ...

If we were going after the rule "places entries only for heroics taking place there", then we'd have to delete a LOT of entries ... For example the places entry for Coruscant alone ...

I updated the list to remove the entries that were fixed thanks for that Bioware.

Also, it appears Bioware has ninja fixed a number of Codex entries. There are several entries that are now obtainable but Bioware made no mention of them in the patch notes. Such as:

Locations - Sith Academy (Korriban)

Species - Advozse

Titles - Paladin of House Organa (Alderaan - Republic)

I really like that you're finally addressing this issue but please can you mention every single Codex entry that you fix in the patch notes? We would like to know that we can finally get them.

Anyone know when the Ilum Beasts will be fixed? currently strolling around IIlum trying to find them...all I could find is Champion ice guids, The Crystal eater and and Champion tauntan :(

Actually, you can find Asharl Panthers, Bogwings and Kath Hounds on the Western Ice Shelf but they're only there during the Gree event, along with Terentateks. Although I tried killing every single mob there, none of them gave their respective Codex entries.

The simplest thing to do would be to attach the entries to these creatures there.