Healers taking too much aggro during TFB phase 2?

Hello, I just had a quick question maybe some of you guys could help me with. We keep noticing that during Phase 2 of TFB even after holding for about 15-20 seconds, the healers pull all aggro from the boss and get hit with his spit. So, this week I ran with the threat meter up and noticed that just from a single innervate followed by a resurgence I had top threat just for an instant, but it was long enough to wipe me.

TFB Phase 2 starts at 1:52:14, 2:05:20, 2:26:25 , 2:52:38 Phase 2 run at 2:05:20 is the one I am referring to.

16 Man HM TFB Jedi Covenant

Think I didn't wait long enough before I started healing? Every video I saw, healing started up with 8 seconds of entering phase 2.

Thanks

Edited by OpenForum

This is on your tanks. The TFB does have a -75% damage reduction until tantrum, but your tanks can still hold easily, even while healers heal right from the get-go. If you have a Shadow / Assassin it should be absolutely trivial (solely because of all the +threat to skills) but even without it, you just have to taunt stack and you'll hold aggro. Involve both tanks if you're having trouble.

Thanks for the info, it is much appreciated, but do you think it is possible that the platform they were on would be the issue if they both taunted the boss(assassin/jugg)? Using the link provided below they were both on 2 and 9 respectively. Should one or both of them be on 11 and 15 basically in melee range then go back to 2/9 for spit?

TFB Number Map

Edited by OpenForum

Tell your tanks it's a bad idea to tank on the top platforms. They can jump up to those 2 platforms to drop the spit pools (that's what we do) but you don't want to be up there for more than a hit or two. If they're on the bottom platforms they'll take melee hits which they can avoid/shield over 70% of the time. If they're on the top platforms they take force hits which they cannot avoid.

As far as the threat issue, it's simply a matter of the tanks executing taunt rotations properly. You're not doing anything wrong as a healer. You should be able to spam heals as soon as the first taunt goes out and never stop. If you pull agro they didn't do their taunt rotations properly. It should work something like this:

Tank #1 taunts: 6 seconds

Tank #1 AoE taunts: 12 seconds

Tank #2 taunts: 18 seconds

Tank #2 AoE taunts: 24 seconds

Tank #1 taunts: 30 seconds

At this point Tank #1 should be fine to hold the boss for spit/scream. You can help out as a healer by using your threat dump during that 30 seconds but it shouldn't be necessary. Your heals during those first 30 seconds are helping to build threat FOR the tanks every time they taunt.

Hopefully that helps out a little. That 75% damage reduction is killer on threat for the tanks so the key is using their taunts and any high threat abilities.

Also guard your healers as soon as phase 2 is going to start. During the transition, where you can't move you can switch guard during that time so when you popup on the plaforms healers are guarded.

Good call, I forgot to mention that in my post. If you don't trust your tanks to execute the taunt rotation properly then putting guard on the healers will help them out a little.

If your tanks can successfully do their job then these guards on healers are mostly wasted. I have our tanks switch their guards during the transition to people assigned to kill Anomalies. It will help reduce some of the damage they take while killing those.