Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

Don't know if this has been suggested or thought about. Since it is believed that Alderaan and Hoth are tied together in how to obtain it. The description of the NVSCCS talks about spaceport crew, is it possible it ties to The Star of Coruscant in the Starship Graveyard. There are a bunch of Undomesticated Tauntaun but none small enough to use the NVSCCS on. Is it possible that the ship could be a lead as far as the description of the NVSCCS?

I'm back from in there nothing found :s.............

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent all day on Hoth and still haven't had any liver dropped. I killed that mountain top wampa 8 times, every Stalker I saw, tons of other wampas (regular through elite) and every elite or champion mob I came across. I also killed hundreds of pirates (White Maw as well as the ones in the heroic area south of the fissure) and although I ended up with a few orange and blue items...no liver! The drop rate is either terrible, or I am very unlucky.

So I spent literally 3 hours in the spaceship graveyard searching every nook and cranny for something the I could put the jerky in or something that would trigger with the jerky buff. Nothing. It would be nice if we could get some kind of clarification that we are on the right path instead of possibly wasting hours or maybe days following a wrong lead lol.

So I spent literally 3 hours in the spaceship graveyard searching every nook and cranny for something the I could put the jerky in or something that would trigger with the jerky buff. Nothing. It would be nice if we could get some kind of clarification that we are on the right path instead of possibly wasting hours or maybe days following a wrong lead lol.

For those of us who don't have it but want to help work out the solution, what is the jerky buff (i.e. what exactly does it say in the tooltip for the buff)?

For those of us who don't have it but want to help work out the solution, what is the jerky buff (i.e. what exactly does it say in the tooltip for the buff)?

Just out of combat health regeneration by 60 for 60 minutes but the thing is it says (I'm paraphrasing) Tauntauns can't resist the smell and texture.

Hey guys,

Think I just spent 2 hours reading through the 2 main threads on the vanity pets. My eyes now hurt...

I am gonna look into some of these theories as well when servers come back up, but I wanted to point out something that I noticed on Ilum that I had either not noticed before or has been added. Right outside of the imperial spaceport/base there is a elite tauntaun named "Exhausted Tauntaun" or something like that. He's being groomed by a random npc and looks like he is about to collapse. If he is involved, I assume there will be one at the republic base that mirrors the one I saw. Just something to look into...it may be hungry for some jerky or something and pop out a baby if you feed it...which is by a space port/shuttle...which is where NVSCCS's are used...just my train of thought.

Also, if you enter the imperial base, and walk into the area with all of the merchants, in the back corner, there is a cage with 2 "Domesticated Tauntauns" or something like that. I have not seen them before either, but that just may be my lack of interest in that room. I would look into those as well.

If that info helps, you're welcome. If not, sorry for wasting your time and looking forward to seeing this pan out. Have a good one!

~Gaytastic~

Grand Master Zym

*Correction*

The 2 tauntaun inside the base are called "docile tauntaun" not domesticated and you can walk right into their cage with them. The NVSCCS is not usable on them, but that does not rule them out. They are located at 527, -396, -10.

The Exhausted Tauntaun is located at 411, -397. The NVSCCS is not useable on it either.

I explored Hoth before coming here. I found a mountain top hoping to find the dangerous wampa, as described in the patch notes. I found two young wampa. I killed them and their mamma came. I killed her, she dropped nothing. I also found a chest there, inside was a purple enhancement.

---

I stayed there a while. The young wampa spawned again after 15 minutes. I threw a grenade at them and it TKO 1 shot both of them.. the mamma didn't spawn. I waited 15 more minutes. The young wampa re-spawned. This time I just walked up to them slowly, the mamma came. I killed them, no loot.. rinse and repeat for 3 more hours. The chest spawned every 40 minutes or so, inside the last chest I looted tonight I found:

"Ice Scrabbler Liver" x1

DEVON-WHITE on Ajunta Pall.

Added those coordinates to the first post :) We do currently have 4 total coordinates there now if people want to try going there with the jerky/jerky buff.

All of my updated coordinates are for Ilum, not Alderaan, probably should note that. Thanks for keeping on top of this.

All of my updated coordinates are for Ilum, not Alderaan, probably should note that. Thanks for keeping on top of this.

All set :3 But yes, I love pets so it means a lot to me to get these kinds of things sorted out. Though, part of me just wants to get them all and be done with it @-@

Added those coordinates to the first post :) We do currently have 4 total coordinates there now if people want to try going there with the jerky/jerky buff.

What could we do with what the buff gaves? Well, Regen heal could be very usefull in the areas where we are coming close to the borders of map and loosing heal - we are than out of combat, and rather close to a place where a lost tautaun could be...a volontaire?;)

Edited by Symbolika

What could we do with what the buff gaves? Well, Regen heal could be very usefull in the areas where we are coming close to the borders of map and loosing heal - we are than out of combat, and rather close to a place where a lost tautaun could be...a volontaire?;)

Definitely a possible theory :3 Reasons people are going near groups of dead Tauntauns or the dead mother Tauntaun with the buff is out of the whole "smell could attract a baby Tauntaun" thing. :3 But yeah, definitely all aspects should be looked at.

Thats sounds most reasonable, but were should we look?

Hmmm I'm thinking 2 places to start with (anyone from EU/hssiss with the food could mp me in game? My avatar is Shou'Brown'Vatu, thanks!:))....first around the borders of the Shipgraveyard, than...behind Aurek spaceport...so on.....

Good luck for those who can already check this!:)

Hmm, not sure if it's been mentioned at all, but there's huge zoo on Correlia that all the animals broke out of and there are random animals all over the park district because of it. Does anyone remember seeing any that are small or any tauntauns there?

Hmm, not sure if it's been mentioned at all, but there's huge zoo on Correlia that all the animals broke out of and there are random animals all over the park district because of it. Does anyone remember seeing any that are small or any tauntauns there?

I don't remember seeing any Tauntauns or small ones there. However, considering a lot of the stuff came in 1.2 for pets (IE: The incubator and the nests), there's no reason some can't have been placed there in 1.2. But considering the patch notes clearly say you do get the pet on Hoth, it's unlikely.

But considering the patch notes clearly say you do get the pet on Hoth, it's unlikely.

See, Im torn on this. The Patch notes say there is a TaunTaun pet acquirable on Hoth.

Gargath, the world boss, now drops a TaunTaun pet. Isn't it possible that this is the pet alluded to in the patch notes?

Could the pet associated with the Jerky be elsewhere?

See, Im torn on this. The Patch notes say there is a TaunTaun pet acquirable on Hoth.

Gargath, the world boss, now drops a TaunTaun pet. Isn't it possible that this is the pet alluded to in the patch notes?

Could the pet associated with the Jerky be elsewhere?

It says Tauntaun Pets and it also says a special mission for it. If anything, the dropped one was more likely to be somewhere else than the one left.

Especially as the old thread said it required two planets for the special Hoth Mission Tauntaun (Thus the whole NVSCSS and people thinking it's Alderaan with the other being Hoth because it's specifically said). Two planets are not used to defeat Gargath so it can't be referencing that one at all.

I mean, maybe it could be Alderaan and Ilum (and people can definitely try!), but killing Gargath really doesn't seem to be through a special mission on Hoth as there's no progress to getting it to drop from Gargath--it's just killing him and hoping you get lucky.

Edited by Jenemi