Sam Witwer to voice Darth Maul

Aitix

OK, so we've all learned by now that Darth Maul is alive and kicking. Some may like that he's back and some are probably still face-palming. However, that doesn't mean they can't make the most out of Maul's resurrection. Look here.

Apparently, Sam Witwer is going to voice Darth Maul and from the video in the article, he seems pretty spot-on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't fully read the article, but for those who don't know of Sam Witwer beyond his voice of Starkiller from The Force Unleashed games, his other contributions to Star Wars has been voicing Palpatine in those games as well as the character known as "The Son" or "Mortis" in The Clone Wars season 3.

Additionally, his been on Star Trek: Enterprise, Star Trek New Voyages, Battlestar Galactia, CSI, Dexter, The Mist, Smallville, and currently the vampire on Being Human... So he seemingly knows his way around the nerd universe... I'm looking forward to his Darth Maul performance.

Considering I really like the actor and his performances, with really his only lackluster character truly being Galen Marek, I am glad they cast him for the role.

Nice ad-lib of his too, quoting the Sith Code. Good to know we have good Star Wars fans playing these roles.

OK, so we've all learned by now that Darth Maul is alive and kicking. Some may like that he's back and some are probably still face-palming. However, that doesn't mean they can't make the most out of Maul's resurrection. Look here.

Apparently, Sam Witwer is going to voice Darth Maul and from the video in the article, he seems pretty spot-on.

I think this is awesome. I can not wait to see what they do with this. :D

This should be good.

Can't wait to facepalm at their explanation for how he survived being chopped in half and falling down a bottomless pit. Sith wizardry and prosthetic legs/nads? Or maybe one of those hoverchairs that Yoda uses.

Sam Witwer said that Maul survived through the dark side, although he may have only survived long enough to go through the air vents when he was falling down the reactor shaft. According to a new book titled The Wrath of Darth Maul, that's how Maul avoided the landing. However, he doesn't know what happened afterwards.

Now, according to another recent EU book called the Book of Sith, Talzin has an amulet of resurrection that can bring the spirits of the dead back to their bodies. She also says that she can save the near-dead from dying or something like that.

"Rage is a helluva anesthetic."

- Zaeed, Mass Effect 2

I believe that summerizes how Maul apparently survived.

Anyways, at least we can rest knowing that Sam Witner is going to comment about clashes with canon. Supposedly, when he playtested the Junkyard level in TFU, he voiced disapointment when he saw a wrecked X-Wing in the wreckage (this being long before the X-Wing was introduced). He was glad to know that later on, it was replaced with a Z-95, the X-Wing's direct predecessor.

(Edit: Just putting this here to make sure/prove I didn't accidently bypass the wordblock quoting Zaeed: hell )

Edited by LukeDanger

I remember in one of the comic books, Darth Maul, outfitted with a cybernetic lower body, turns up on Tatooine and terrorizes Owen and Beru Lars when Luke is around 3 years old. An obvious attempt to draw out Obi Wan Kenobi. Obi Wan duels Maul, and kills him for good this time. Then Owen sends Obi Wan away, clearly not wanting him around to influence Luke with his Jedi ways. So, if they are going on that premise, I could sort of see Maul appearing in the Clone Wars series. Although, in the story I read, Obi Wan was quite surprised to find out that Maul had actually survived that duel on Naboo. Perhsps Obi Wan won't find out about Maul in the episodes that he appears....

Maybe it's just me, but how can he be alive? He got cut in half and fell a few hundred feet, that's as good as dead for me.

Falling 500 meters without half of your body is not good enough to damage someone darksided, obviously.

dude... rebuke ftw - 20% less damage taken and let's not forget, half your body gone :p

I like that actor and although Force Unleashed wasn't all that great of a story, Starkiller was one amazing jedi/sith. To date, I still think he's among the most impressive fighter seen on a screen.

Darth Maul was pretty cool, can't wait ;)

Oh, Crashdown from BSG! But Darth Maul? No one ever stays dead in Star Wars EU, do they?

George Lucas really has NO CLUE which characters should stick around as opposed to the ones that need to clock out.

He killed off two of his most popular (and potentially interesting) characters; Maul and Fett. Yet, Jar Jar lived to become a senator... C3PO continued to spread his six million forms of communication (all prissy) even after being blown apart.

And before you respond to my post that Maul and Fett are still alive, let me remind you that they were brought back after it was clear how popular (and lucrative each IP was). If GL had his way, everyone would have been killed off in favor of Ewoks and Gungans.