Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not talking about the CE petm but the one found on hothm which has been confirmed by Bioware to be ingame

I'll make a mention about the CE one and PAX East ones in the first post since I can understand why some people may be confused @-@ A lot of people don't read patch notes in full.

I went exploring on Hoth today. None of the vendors in the main imp base when you set down on the planet have anything that seems relevant. I did see a video on you tube of a place where it look like two tauntauns are about to get jumped but some scary mobs, but I couldnt find the location. Possibly a republic area. The mobs were green though, wonder if you walked into the area it would start a mission?

I went exploring on Hoth today. None of the vendors in the main imp base when you set down on the planet have anything that seems relevant. I did see a video on you tube of a place where it look like two tauntauns are about to get jumped but some scary mobs, but I couldnt find the location. Possibly a republic area. The mobs were green though, wonder if you walked into the area it would start a mission?

It's definitely a possible theory. Just need to figure out the area to try and test it.

Unlikely. The Area was there pre-patch already. BUt i found a device to catch small creatures on Alderaan. That sounds related. The official statement says "It is related to two Planets" Alderaan beeing the device and Hoth beeing the egg? Sounds related enough to be followed...i have that thing already but after hours of browsing Hoth i didn't find anything yet

Unlikely. The Area was there pre-patch already. BUt i found a device to catch small creatures on Alderaan. That sounds related. The official statement says "It is related to two Planets" Alderaan beeing the device and Hoth beeing the egg? Sounds related enough to be followed...i have that thing already but after hours of browsing Hoth i didn't find anything yet

What device is that?

Edited by Syrellaris

ive got the CE taunta and they are giving us free ram tauntauns, i dont want anymore tauntauns man, seriously give us something else, like a dewback or a bantha.

OR THAT SPIDER MONKEY THING JABBA HAS!!!!

get original bioware

the box that was at the ship graveyard is the one for the depleted datacron

there was supposidly another box at another location that was foudn to be a scavenging node.

no one knows how to get the jerky.

Perhaps there's a forum in game, if we post there I'm sure we'd get plenty of jerky, oh that's the wrong kind. Been thinking, but haven't figured anything. What about the other cold planets? Perhaps some of the fauna on those planets drop it?

Edited by ikinai

The Ice Scrabbler Jerky has too be it. Take a look at its description http://db.darthhater.com/items/48563/ice_scrabbler_jerky/

There is also a schematic which is necessary to make it.

In terms of the materials needed to make it, at least for the Ice scrabbler liver, I found an idea on another thread about where to find it...they said something about looking near caves or spaceports on Hoth

Take a look at this link on Ice scrabblers. It may give us some clues.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ice_scrabbler