Jugg Tank, Where are the drops for this class in the 55HM's?

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue I seem to be having.... No matter how many 55 HM's I run, or the few ops I been in, I NEVER see drops for my tank/class. Matter of fact, a guild mate of mine, also notices this and he actually believed that the stuff hardly drops, if at all. So, he said to me, watch, Ill use mine as a DPS and with 2 in the same HM, I bet one will drop. Yes, it did, but for a DPS, not a tank. I am getting frustrated....

Also, to make matters worse, every time I have enough elite coms, all that is available has alacrity and absorption in all of them, why? apparently, these 2 stats are not even that useful, especially alacrity. I have mostly 69 purple mods/armoring now and started to replace my 69 enhancements, back to 66, just so i can shed some of this alacrity and asorb and get my D back up, but I still have over 31% shield and 27% absorb, but only 16% defense, the one stat I want more of.... Yes, I got plenty of augments to help my defense stat, since the drops, or lack of and the items you buy with coms, seem to hate defense and want you to have way too much of the other.

OH, and if a BH runs with me, why does it seem, nothing but Aim drops about 75% of the time, does the game lean toward AIM items in drops when a BH is running in a group?

What really bothers me, even if the drops happened, the stat boosts would still be too high in some areas and low in others, like the defense rating....

It seems, if you are a melee tank, the only way to really gear up properly, is through GTN, where the prices start at 1 million PER mod and go up.... really?

I wonder why tanks do not pug and are becoming more and more rare, the game actually does not reward tanks the way other classes seem to be rewarded.... Bad enough, we take the highest repair costs usually.

I do know, if I was able to get in more OPs at 55, I would maybe see more, but its not easy to get in some, I am in a small guild, but I love the guys, another guild will tap my shoulder as a sub tank when they are lacking one... but its not often and OPs is not somehting very desrable to pug, I am not into costly repair bills for too many wipes playing with people you do not know.

If I am wrong, please say so and give me some ideas... I love this game, but I am board of leveling and what I love to do, is horrible in its rewards. I told my wife this morning, my time in the game may be coming to a close if I can even enjoy using my favorite toon without frustration.

BW, if drops have to be so rare, PLEASE give the vendors items that are not full of a ton of alacrity and asorb please.... Why do I have to feel punished for playing a Jugg tank?

BTW, my wife is a healing sorc and she gets drops, her vendor also has nice goodies for her with useful stats. She is happy... I am frustrated. I guess to be happier, like so many others, I will need to DPS a marauder and give up tanking as a way to have fun. The DPS stuff at the vendor is nice, those guys get good stat increases that are actually useful.

WHY DO I NEED ALACRITY??? I am a tank, I need defense.... did I miss the memo? lol

Thank You

Edited by Themanthatisi

Why are all women healing classes?! :p

I know exactly what you are saying. I've been tanking for about 3 weeks. I still don't have all 69 gear. Although, to be fair you don't actually need BIS to tank HMs. I was running around with 26k when I came back to this game. But on the other hand it does annoy me when I get a set piece that has alacrity on it. I was under the impression Alacrity was worthless for a tank.

Why are all women healing classes?! :p

I know exactly what you are saying. I've been tanking for about 3 weeks. I still don't have all 69 gear. Although, to be fair you don't actually need BIS to tank HMs. I was running around with 26k when I came back to this game. But on the other hand it does annoy me when I get a set piece that has alacrity on it. I was under the impression Alacrity was worthless for a tank.

LOL... Actually, she did a respec a few nights ago to a DPS sorc, and loved it, so she will respec into either now... which, for their gear, is very similar. Heavy willpower, power, surge, crit.... and with healing, maybe some Alacrity. A great class for running as either, without a huge cost tied to it.

Needless to say, she has taken a love to killing more than healing, but when we need her to heal, she will.

I am not struggling as a tank either, I do have 34k base HP without stims or buffs, but can I survive better, take more pressure off heals if I had more D and less alacrity, most definitely I would think.

We were all under the impression, that post 2.0, Alacrity would be good, but in reality, its not helping many except for healers and even then, some debate even exists if its worth it depending on the healer you talk to. Maybe its a stat that should just be removed completely from the game..... Or make it even more valuable, like my AOE aggro pull having a much better cooldown. But I would probably have to have so much alacrity anyway, I would become soft and useless. BW devs seem to want us to have it in tank gear to the point of ridiculous, I would just like to know why and why is it more prevalent, over more important stats, like defense. They can even give the com vendors other items, with other stats, that is not full of Alacrity so we have a choice.... and have the freedom to build up a toon, as we like.

If mods on GTN were not 1mil + per, I would just go that route.... I am sure the crafters love the junk that drops, they get to sell the stuff we actually want if we are willing to pay. :(

Edited by Themanthatisi

Sometimes you just get the worst luck. I could swear that I see more warrior gear drop than anything else.

But, one thing that can help you is to try to run with multiple Juggs. The more of a certain class is in a group, the higher the chance for that class drop is.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue I seem to be having.... No matter how many 55 HM's I run, or the few ops I been in, I NEVER see drops for my tank/class. Matter of fact, a guild mate of mine, also notices this and he actually believed that the stuff hardly drops, if at all.

Funny, I posted a similar thread a few days ago in the FP/OPs/Heroics forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645824

WHY DO I NEED ALACRITY??? I am a tank, I need defense.... did I miss the memo? lol

One of the devs stated that alacrity would be more broadly useful in 2.0. Apparently the equipment team believed him. It seems they never bothered to test that theory in simulation or practice. As a sentinel for alacrity to make any difference I need to stack so much that I lose DPS because I've just sacrificed so much power.

I haven't been looking at tank pieces as closely. Are there no comms bought ones that have a decent mod or enhancement? Some of the sent pieces I have to buy one piece for the armoring and gloves or boots for the mod & enh.

Sometimes you just get the worst luck. I could swear that I see more warrior gear drop than anything else.

But, one thing that can help you is to try to run with multiple Juggs. The more of a certain class is in a group, the higher the chance for that class drop is.

Yeah, you are right, it does work... I did this yesterday, as I mentioned in OP, one of my guildies, has a Jugg as an alt... Well, I got a drop, but it was for a DPS, heavy on strength and crit... the purple 69's had less endurance than my 66 purples. lol. He usually plays on his BH and gets Aim drops every single run, sometimes more than one per HM.

Actually, he gave up tanking, due to this reason.... His attitude, the DPS version has better gear. However, he is not a fan of tanking much, and prefers his Assassin over a jugg when he does decide to tank.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Funny, I posted a similar thread a few days ago in the FP/OPs/Heroics forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645824

One of the devs stated that alacrity would be more broadly useful in 2.0. Apparently the equipment team believed him. It seems they never bothered to test that theory in simulation or practice. As a sentinel for alacrity to make any difference I need to stack so much that I lose DPS because I've just sacrificed so much power.

I haven't been looking at tank pieces as closely. Are there no comms bought ones that have a decent mod or enhancement? Some of the sent pieces I have to buy one piece for the armoring and gloves or boots for the mod & enh.

Thank you, I just posted in there as well..... I even mention, in my OP, that I can live with rare drops, but they should fix what the vendors carry. Grinding my rear off to get more Elites only adds to the frustration once I look again. the ONLY thing I was able to buy, that did not have asorb/alactity, was bracers for 80 elites.... everything else for a tank, has the useless stuff.... I been buying it anyway, at least the armornings are good.

IWHY DO I NEED ALACRITY??? I am a tank, I need defense.... did I miss the memo? lol

Same reason why EVERYTHING has a castbar. (even interacting with a galaxy map)... to waste time. All mmos are about wasting time. It would be very easy and fast if you could just get bis just like that. Now you need to farm at least 5 times longer to get what you need and to get rid of useless stuff like alacrity or accuracy.

Heh irony. I've done a bunch of 55hms and Ops and never seen a single Sorc piece drop. I had about 5 pieces of really nice Jugg tank gear in the bank for a while nobody wanted and I got out of the random.

Further funny? Never had a Jugg tank when that stuff dropped. Always sins.

Same reason why EVERYTHING has a castbar. (even interacting with a galaxy map)... to waste time. All mmos are about wasting time. It would be very easy and fast if you could just get bis just like that. Now you need to farm at least 5 times longer to get what you need and to get rid of useless stuff like alacrity or accuracy.

I understand that, you are correct... I think a better question from me, would be where to I get items that do not have those useless stats or is GTN the only way, at such a high cost in credits? I have bad luck for drops, but I wish the stuff at the vendors was more useful.

Heh irony. I've done a bunch of 55hms and Ops and never seen a single Sorc piece drop. I had about 5 pieces of really nice Jugg tank gear in the bank for a while nobody wanted and I got out of the random.

Further funny? Never had a Jugg tank when that stuff dropped. Always sins.

I guess, some of us just have bad luck.... :(

Edited by Themanthatisi

the drops are apparently in my flashpoint groups all I ever see drop is guardian/jugg tank gear

Thats because I do not run with you, it appears I have this dark cloud over my jugg.... So, if you want drops that are not for a Jugg, invite me to a FP. :p

I will probably just say, its random and luck has much to play into it.

So.... I think, what would be nice, is who makes the gear sold at the elite vendor, alters some of the stats to make gear more desirable/useful so the frustration is not on BOTH ends. I think that would be fair of ANY class to ask of BW. We work to earn those coms, we want that same good feeling to last when we spend them too.

Edited by Themanthatisi

If you don't already, get the 66 artifact quality crafted mods and enhancements. They have higher mitigation stats than the comm gear. The comm gear for tanks are poorly optimized.

I already have all the 66 purples where I do not have the 69's (the few useful ones), I agree with you... When I get a item from the coms vendor, I am only using the armoring, and mod or 2, the enhancements are useless IMO... the rest is loaded with so much alacrity, its just going to hurt, not help.

I am at a point, that is they do not fix this horrible gearing up, I will take a long break... I love to tank, i do not want to be forced into a DPS role, where the gear is MUCH better. One of my guild mates gave up on his Jugg and went DPS for this reason, I rather not. Please BW, allow tanks to gear up properly through drops and the vendors.....we do not want alacrity.

Thank You...

Edited by Themanthatisi

I guess, some of us just have bad luck.... :(

From my experience I'd say bad luck. When I was doing flashpoints the only tanking pieces that dropped for me were Defence / Shield Chestpieces. Mods and Enhancements were perfect, but armoring was for dps. But since I knew I'll get tank set armorings from raids I still made good use of those BIS mods and enhancements from all those chests.

its really odd to me as well.

My friend is a guardian tank, and i play the heals sage. I swear i ALWAYS get at least one drop out of the 2 that are for the consular.

My friend on the other hand doesnt get anything most of the time, unless they are for dps guardians.

I'm saying its bad luck and all, but its kinda ridiculous with the amount we have played, and he has nothing. I'm full 69 everything at this point. Him, just here and there from the comms we get.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue I seem to be having.... No matter how many 55 HM's I run, or the few ops I been in, I NEVER see drops for my tank/class. Matter of fact, a guild mate of mine, also notices this and he actually believed that the stuff hardly drops, if at all. So, he said to me, watch, Ill use mine as a DPS and with 2 in the same HM, I bet one will drop. Yes, it did, but for a DPS, not a tank. I am getting frustrated....

Also, to make matters worse, every time I have enough elite coms, all that is available has alacrity and absorption in all of them, why? apparently, these 2 stats are not even that useful, especially alacrity. I have mostly 69 purple mods/armoring now and started to replace my 69 enhancements, back to 66, just so i can shed some of this alacrity and asorb and get my D back up, but I still have over 31% shield and 27% absorb, but only 16% defense, the one stat I want more of.... Yes, I got plenty of augments to help my defense stat, since the drops, or lack of and the items you buy with coms, seem to hate defense and want you to have way too much of the other.

OH, and if a BH runs with me, why does it seem, nothing but Aim drops about 75% of the time, does the game lean toward AIM items in drops when a BH is running in a group?

What really bothers me, even if the drops happened, the stat boosts would still be too high in some areas and low in others, like the defense rating....

It seems, if you are a melee tank, the only way to really gear up properly, is through GTN, where the prices start at 1 million PER mod and go up.... really?

I wonder why tanks do not pug and are becoming more and more rare, the game actually does not reward tanks the way other classes seem to be rewarded.... Bad enough, we take the highest repair costs usually.

I do know, if I was able to get in more OPs at 55, I would maybe see more, but its not easy to get in some, I am in a small guild, but I love the guys, another guild will tap my shoulder as a sub tank when they are lacking one... but its not often and OPs is not somehting very desrable to pug, I am not into costly repair bills for too many wipes playing with people you do not know.

If I am wrong, please say so and give me some ideas... I love this game, but I am board of leveling and what I love to do, is horrible in its rewards. I told my wife this morning, my time in the game may be coming to a close if I can even enjoy using my favorite toon without frustration.

BW, if drops have to be so rare, PLEASE give the vendors items that are not full of a ton of alacrity and asorb please.... Why do I have to feel punished for playing a Jugg tank?

BTW, my wife is a healing sorc and she gets drops, her vendor also has nice goodies for her with useful stats. She is happy... I am frustrated. I guess to be happier, like so many others, I will need to DPS a marauder and give up tanking as a way to have fun. The DPS stuff at the vendor is nice, those guys get good stat increases that are actually useful.

Thank You

Ok... a few wrongs.

Number 1 - never ever ever get more than 18% defense on a juggernaut tank.

10% is good, 12% is very good, 15% is enough more than 15% is a bit wasteful and more than 18% is just total ********.

So instantly stop all collecting of Defence. YOU HAVE ENOUGH AND DO NOT WANT MORE.

Number 2 - You then want 60% shield and 60% absorption.

Some might argue that you need 65% shield and 75% absorbtion but I think it's too much. Anyway, minimum 60% shield AND absorb is the target to go for (and yes, that might be very hard to achieve today since, but try to strive for it).

Number 3 - the drops are random. You might have a streak of bad luck, but it is random.

I have had days (3-4 FP) where nothing drops but SW Tank drops. The next day only Inquisitor drops. And so on. And so on.

I have a huge amount of alts and the drops that I really want on one char usually drop when I am in that instance with another char.

Ok... a few wrongs.

Number 1 - never ever ever get more than 18% defense on a juggernaut tank.

10% is good, 12% is very good, 15% is enough more than 15% is a bit wasteful and more than 18% is just total ********.

So instantly stop all collecting of Defence. YOU HAVE ENOUGH AND DO NOT WANT MORE.

Number 2 - You then want 60% shield and 60% absorption.

Some might argue that you need 65% shield and 75% absorbtion but I think it's too much. Anyway, minimum 60% shield AND absorb is the target to go for (and yes, that might be very hard to achieve today since, but try to strive for it).

Number 3 - the drops are random. You might have a streak of bad luck, but it is random.

I have had days (3-4 FP) where nothing drops but SW Tank drops. The next day only Inquisitor drops. And so on. And so on.

I have a huge amount of alts and the drops that I really want on one char usually drop when I am in that instance with another char.

I do appreciate your reply, but there is so much going on out there with numbers, I am not able to put a finger on what is best. I will further investigate your ideas for where the "stats" should be. I remember reading that many have dropped absorption way down. Even if your information is good advice, what about all the alacrity that is in much of the stuff? I really do not even use the 69 enhancements anymore, getting better damage mitigation, from the 66's.

As for the drops, well, its so bad, I am just another Tank, that will REFUSE to pug, since there is little to no value in it. My guild relies on me to be the main tank at this point, I think its just very frustrating, once you do the weekly, the payout for doing them over and over is not much, and without getting drops, has me at a point, I just want to step away due to frustration.... I think anyone can say, yea, it feels good to get a drop you need... Hell, I will take one I even have the chance to "need" on.... I am not lucky, so I wold probably lose the roll, but at least Ill have hope. lol.

Again, thank you for the time you took to reply...

Edited by Themanthatisi

its really odd to me as well.

My friend is a guardian tank, and i play the heals sage. I swear i ALWAYS get at least one drop out of the 2 that are for the consular.

My friend on the other hand doesnt get anything most of the time, unless they are for dps guardians.

I'm saying its bad luck and all, but its kinda ridiculous with the amount we have played, and he has nothing. I'm full 69 everything at this point. Him, just here and there from the comms we get.

My wife, is fully geared up in 69's with her sorc.... She is on almost as many of the runs i am on, the only time she seems to lose out is when we have a BH with us, for some reason, Aim will drop all week long when we run with a BH.... It may be a random system, but it does seem weird at times, like there is a pattern that is happening. One of my guild mates has many 55's, he uses his Jugg as a DPS, solely to try and help me... since he also never got tank drops, and sure enough, with him running with me, we got a drop, but was DPS biased.... the only good thing, is it did not have alacrity. Make me really wonder if its worth dropping the tanking role as much as I love it, its not rewarding.

I am going on 6 weeks with only 1 drop for my tank..... Something is not right, so it seems.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I do appreciate your reply, but there is so much going on out there with numbers, I am not able to put a finger on what is best. I will further investigate your ideas for where the "stats" should be. I remember reading that many have dropped absorption way down. Even if your information is good advice, what about all the alacrity that is in much of the stuff? I really do not even use the 69 enhancements anymore, getting better damage mitigation, from the 66's.

As for the drops, well, its so bad, I am just another Tank, that will REFUSE to pug, since there is little to no value in it. My guild relies on me to be the main tank at this point, I think its just very frustrating, once you do the weekly, the payout for doing them over and over is not much, and without getting drops, has me at a point, I just want to step away due to frustration.... I think anyone can say, yea, it feels good to get a drop you need... Hell, I will take one I even have the chance to "need" on.... I am not lucky, so I wold probably lose the roll, but at least Ill have hope. lol.

Again, thank you for the time you took to reply...

Well, the reason is simple.

The gear in the expansion is not yet as good as it will be in the end of the expansion, just before a new expansion.

If you look at the stat distribution pre 2.0 you could almost not get defence 10%, shield 50% and absorb 50% until you got up to Campain gear (maybe with Black Hole, but I doubt it). Now you need much more rating to get to the same percentage and the gear is just not introduced yet to get you to 15%, 60%, 60% as you should aim for.

So something has to be sacrificed.

Now, looking at those stats one by one, let's see what they do:

Defense, jump away from an attack.

Good, avoid the entire attack, but bad if you miss it. You (as a Jugg) have no built in bonus (as the Assassin does) and thus, you don't want to stack to much of this since you will need more and more rating to get higher stat (I don't know the numbers but for argument sake say that you need 1000 rating to get 10%, to get from 10% to 15% you might need 4000 rating MORE on top of the 1000, to then increase it more than 15% you might need 3000 rating per percent, this is why your high defense will eat up other good stats - you simply cannot afford it).

Shield, shield an incoming attack and remove some of the damage.

Splendid stat, you (as a Jugg) have bonus to it, makes you block an attack and remove some of the damage the attack does to you. The amount of damage removed is equal to ABSORB.

Now, since we cannot hit the prime target of 15, 60, 60 we have to sacrifice some stat. Shielding few attacks very much (removing Shield in favor of Absorb) will make the fight very spiky in damage, thus many prefear to stack shield while sacrificing absorb to reduce many (all?) of the incoming attacks a little bit.

Absorb, the amount of damage you remove when shielding an attack.

Splendid stat, most of it explained above. You have a bonus to this stat.

Having a bonus to a tanking stat means that it will require LESS rating to get HIGHER percentage.

As you can see from above wasting a HUGE amount of rating to get your Defense up will only hurt your char. You can use the same AMOUNT of rating to get much higher shield and/or absorb.

What you also can see above is that absorb is probably worth less than shield, depending on how you count.

0% absorb with 100% shield will make you remove 0% of all incoming attacks, making both shield and absorb completely useless, so you cannot abandon absort completely, but you might want to sacrifice some of it to gain higher shield.

For instance 40% shield and 25% absorb seems much better than 25% and 40% absorb since - again - the damage in the second example will be more spiky, if you fail to shield an incoming attack you take full damage but on 25% of the attacks you only take 60% of the total damage the boss deals to you.

When better gear comes out within this expansion (remember back in 1.0 there was only Tionese and Columni, maybe even Rakata, but nothing higher than that anyway and then Black Hole, Campain and finally Dread Guard showed up) the rating values will be higher and you will be able to hit 15, 60, 60 in defence, shield and absorb respectively and then you should go for that.

But wasting your valuable rating on defence is just that - wasteful. Don't do it.

Edit addendum: Alacrity, for a tank? Whut? I find that ... stupid.

Edit addendum 2: Of course you should go for SOME defence :) 0% in defence is bad that too. But 15% is good enough. You don't need more and you need the ratings to other things.

Edited by LordRahlik