Silence of the devs

Ottoattack

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just avoid the whole issue?

When you enter PvP you are put into your PvP gear - this is the same gear for everyone of your class - and it scales with level - instead of using bolster. just control the gear.

If you get comms/ranked comms - you can buy different levels of augments to up your gear

(okay the would need a new char tab for pvp to show/allow augments)

That gives the devs the full control over how fully geared compares to ungeared and can balance instagib vs no reward

Unfortunately the silence was due to that I have little update from what was said previously, however I can at least tell you where things stand as of right now.

It is our goal that we will get a fix for the Bolster issue into our next patch. However, this is not a guarantee as we are still working through a fix. We know how important it is to get this issue resolved and we want to make sure we do it right!

As soon as I have any updates on this (like timing, etc) I will let you know.

-eric

Patch notes 2.1:

PvP

Warzones

General

Augments are no longer taken into account when calculating bolster.

Voidstar

Players will no longer be able to use movement speed increasing abilities to get over the shield wall in the Cargo (final) room.

That's it? So after removing the augment exploit the system is working perfectly? At least know I know which direction the game is heading. Unfortunately it is not a direction I am willing to take.

Edited by Ottoattack

cmon folks. quit your b*tchin.

you all whined that the gear gap was too great and the "hardcore" pvpers were getting gear to fast and making it impossible for casuals/new players to compete. while this was false, bioware listened to the complaint and took action.

now we have a new form of bolster which, for all intents and purposes, removes the gear gap. and we've got people whining now that there is *not enough* of a gear gap? ffs.......

while the bugs have sucked, the true function of bolster is working exactly as we were told it would: players will be bolstered to a level slightly below tier 1 pvp gear even if they are wearing no PvP gear at all.

you all whined that the gear gap was too great and the "hardcore" pvpers were getting gear to fast and making it impossible for casuals/new players to compete. while this was false, bioware listened to the complaint and took action.

now we have a new form of bolster which, for all intents and purposes, removes the gear gap. and we've got people whining now that there is *not enough* of a gear gap? ffs.......

while the bugs have sucked, the true function of bolster is working exactly as we were told it would: players will be bolstered to a level slightly below tier 1 pvp gear even if they are wearing no PvP gear at all.

QFE sir.

wow.. just wow... it took 2 weeks to get bm and the gap from ewh was small. Only derps didn't wear recruit for those two weeks. Now we have no carrot or feeling of progress. They add bolster so you can all get different *imaginary* communist stats.

Hidden nerfs is what its called and not a true MMO is what it is. - pvp yoda

Edited by Kegparty

wow.. just wow... it took 2 weeks to get bm and the gap from ewh was small. Only derps didn't wear recruit for those two weeks. Now we have no carrot or feeling of progress. They add bolster so you can all get different *imaginary* communist stats.

Hidden nerfs is what its called and not a true MMO is what it is. - pvp yoda

there is no PvP progression?

pretty sure that if you dont want to get your butt smashed in regularly, you are going to want a full set of PvP gear. its very easy to tell who doesnt have PvP gear; i hit them for 11k

pretty sure that if you dont want to get your butt smashed in regularly, you are going to want a full set of PvP gear. its very easy to tell who doesnt have PvP gear; i hit them for 11k

Yah the ... well bright people wearing some expertise still. Look the gap is so minor from PVE to PVP. No real incentive in my opinion to grind pvp gear.

Basically my main point is the bolster system is a hidden way to nerf classes. We have no idea what the hell is going on with stats to the point people are entering WZ and sitting on the side switching gear.

^

You noobs need to read that.

^

You noobs need to read that.

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=635414

A *********** 2 page "guide" on how bolster works. Thats the messed up system you want? I would rather say to someone... put your "new upgraded not much different then WH recruit gear on."

The fact that it is 2 pages proves the system is broken. You didn't think people understood expertise?? ONE number... now toss people into the ring with a hidden number nerf system.

The only gear progression now is understanding and reading 2 page guides that will change every 4 weeks after they realize this is broken.

You know why they are not showing us bolster numbers on a tab outside of a WZ? Because its that messed up

edit: i feel better now just pissed at the current state. I could swallow all these pointless 1000hrs of developer work if they produced ANY damn new wz. Anything! Make a hutball that you hold and the longer your team holds it you get points. Anything... I would take a freaking circle death pit right now :)

Edited by Kegparty

This is the fallacy. You can't learn how to pvp by getting "stomped on." You don't get the chance to learn how to play your toon because you're slammed and killed in no time flat. That's like suggesting someone can learn to drive a car while a re-inflating air bag keeps slamming them in the face.

Plus - getting stomped on just ISN'T FUN! Isn't that why we play games -- to have fun?

I can't let this pass like that.

You learn how to play when you are low geared, because you have to play a lot better than the other guy with better gear to beat him. And i played a concealment operative in 1.4 and learned that way, and god ops were so meh back then (still are?).

You learn were you should and shouldn't position your self, so that you don't get "slammed and killed in no time flat", because frankly, if that was the case, it just meant that you were going 1 vs 5, didnt make a difference if you were geared.

I'm not against the bolster system, but until it works, remove it from lvl 55, new recruit gear, and when they polish their *****, they can throw it out again.

On the open world matter, what the f*ck are you saying? No expertise? So the pvp gear, that has overall mediocre stats compared to its equivalent in pve gear, should be a ****in boulder? NICE THINKING MAN use your brain before vomitting like that.

Can't speak for the dude you were quoting, but I'd like to see expertise completely removed and have PvP and PvE gear be one of the same with two ways of getting it. Either grind PvP or grind PvE, the gear is the same. Make it look different to distinguish and maybe add a different set bonus that is beneficial to the way you attained it...but overall, make them the same.

Amen. Or gear could just be clothes a bring no bonus, everybody with same base stats, no way of improving and we're on.

Please note, the Gold names that usually respond via threads are not developers, but CS reps, in which I think Eric does a tremendous (and thankless) job at doing. Having said that, he streamlines here what he is told by the Development team, so if he hasn't chimed in, it stands to reason the Develpment team is still scratching their heads over their own broken system.

im sorry but the lack of any word from the impudent CS team in any of the pvp threads, should say how much they care about the pvp system, so long as people continue to sub for the game, they dotn care they'll ignore the community as does any corporation.

im sorry but the lack of any word from the impudent CS team in any of the pvp threads, should say how much they care about the pvp system, so long as people continue to sub for the game, they dotn care they'll ignore the community as does any corporation.

And these are the corporations that go bankrupt in the end. EA stock dropped by 50% over the last 5 years. The word is swtor lost a good percentage of subscribers since the expansion. Pop times for WZs and FPs have increased lately, and I play on the Harbinger, which is one of the most populated servers.

I was hanging on my subscription by a thread, hoping version 2.1 will provide resolution to the PvP major issues and class balance 2.0 introduced. It did not. So I can't justify paying $15/per month on going basis in the games current stats.

Before the expansion, I would highly recommend swtor to anyone, after the expansion...

Edited by Ottoattack