give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system

question: why, without LFR and raids which, since the dawn of time, are mostly done by guilds or premade groups, do we need an enforced "ninja protection"? on one hand bioware says it cares about "server community" by not implementing a dungeon finder, but at the same time thinks people to unable to distribute loot at lvl50.

8 people working to down a boss. item (=reward) drops. item goes to someone who already has it /has sth better or has a different spec. where's the reward? would you keep doing said boss?

saying "do hardmodes then, lol!" is in the same league as arguing "boss bugs out on wipe? well then, l2p, don't wipe lol!" (which I've already seen as a argument on this board, so this discussion here shouldn't surprise me).

not to mention, hardmodes can have the exact same interpersonal issues as normal mode, yet it seems to make sense that only normal mode has it. riiiiiiight.

Edited by Graburr

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't implement a system like this without taking into account the gear that the player receiving the item already has.
"

i think that this system is designed (not saying it works perfectly) to prevent and/or curb ninja looting, which we all agree sucks. Additionally, i think that the normal mode ops are for people to learn the mechanics of raids, rather than to gear up. From the decisions the developers have made thus far: basically, normal mode with uncontrollable looting and hard modes with Master looting capabilites. Indicate that the developers designed the operations to be played on hard mode for people who want to gear up, and normal mode for those that want to see content

question: why, without LFR and raids which, since the dawn of time, are mostly done by guilds or premade groups, do we need an enforced "ninja protection"? on one hand bioware says it cares about "server community" by not implementing a dungeon finder, but at the same time thinks people to unable to distribute loot at lvl50.

I think the developers wanted to prevent the ninja looting issue before it became a huge problem. If they had no system such as the one in place (again, not saying it works perfectly) and ninja looting was rampant, people would be clamoring for a new system

personally, i feel like a pre-emptive (but less than effective) attempt at solving the problem is better than a retroactive solution

(now its my 4 cents :D)

I think the developers wanted to prevent the ninja looting issue before it became a huge problem.

thats the thing, why would it even become a huge issue? we're still all on the same server. this alone should prevent any stupidity.

and why doesn't esseles/BT (or all normal instances while were at it) automatically distribute loot as well? I've seen quite some ninjas there, WAY more than in every op. and it's still about learning the instance and not the loot, right?

there might be a reason for automatic loot, but in context it makes no frigging sense. it also removes control from players - we are perfectly fine doing it within a guild, we don't need it and we don't want it. wonder how long people will pay a sub to be treated like imbeciles.

Edited by Graburr

Question, i was told last night that master looter for HM was bugged in that it either mysteriously ate drops or that it just didnt work at all....

can someone confirm if this info is correct?

yes ml has been bugged for sometime now

after playing with the loot options we learned that free for all worked best as you still have to roll on every drop. allowed us to roll one item at a time and simply say who does and does not roll, closest thing to ml atm.