give the leaders more control when it comes to handing out loot.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya gear needs to be handed out better in normal modes if your running it with your guild. A bunch of the more veteran and killed players in my guild are close to rage quitting because it's the people who just hit 50 and have meh gear come in and get 3-4 columi drops because of the random assignment, yet the skilled players will get repeat pieces or nothing at all.

Even the random seems less random, 2 weeks now we've run some fresh 50's without a lot of great gear through and they clean house with minimum 2 columi drops and still get a drop off each boss, those of us who got geared with some of the PVP stuff when it was still popular on our server seem to get jack each week.

I'm sorry, but if your "veteran" players are going to rage quit over this, you don't have good players to begin with. If these guys are so good and been 50 for longer than a week or so, they should be geared past what normal EV drops, with the possible exception of chest drops from Soa. Your fresh 50's are the people that need the gear the most and if you have members whining that these people are getting geared up (which benefits your guild in the long run) then you should tell them to shut it.

Simple answer, run hardmodes. You can ML and do whatever you want for loot then. Hardmodes aren't even that much harder than normal. Your "veteran" players should be geared for HMs already anyways.

+1 here.

Simple solution:

If Master Looter is set, have it so the Master Looter sorts out the loots.

If Master Looter is not set, handle loot as usual (and by that I mean via need/greed rolls, NOT auto assigned).

Running normal guild runs with people new to raiding and the like only to have drops for people who do not need it, while people who do need it go multiple runs without any luck is a good way to keep people interested.

Auto assigned loot in raids is just...an aberration.

Edited by Kemorand

Prerelease, they mentioned a loot bag system where everyone got a bag similar to what they are doing with PvP champion bags. This auto-assigning is really no different, the end result is the same anyways. With a loot bag, 8 people open a bag, 4 random people might get something. It might be an upgrade it might not, whatever. With auto-assigning, 8 people loot the boss and 4 people randomly get something that might be an upgrade or not.

Give the option to auto or ml... problem solved. People will run what they want to. Not everyone is an elite *** that can or wants to do hardmodes.

Despite the name, hardmode ops are not hard. They certainly aren't elitist. But if guilds are even semi-serious about raiding, which is what seems to be the case with people responding to this thread and talking about how they're trying to gear up their guild, then hardmodes are not far out of reach.

Prerelease, they mentioned a loot bag system where everyone got a bag similar to what they are doing with PvP champion bags. This auto-assigning is really no different, the end result is the same anyways. With a loot bag, 8 people open a bag, 4 random people might get something. It might be an upgrade it might not, whatever. With auto-assigning, 8 people loot the boss and 4 people randomly get something that might be an upgrade or not.

Despite the name, hardmode ops are not hard. They certainly aren't elitist. But if guilds are even semi-serious about raiding, which is what seems to be the case with people responding to this thread and talking about how they're trying to gear up their guild, then hardmodes are not far out of reach.

So, I am really curious as to your personal mindset on this issue. Adding this option (and it is an option, the auto-assignment could be kept as a looting option and a working master loot only enabled if everybody in the raid agreed to it) would not affect raiders such as yourself who are clearly already doing hard modes. Since it does not affect you personally, why do you even care? What would be the earth-shattering effect on your personal gameplay if this was added?

Just curious...

Totally agree! This is slowing down our progression to get to Hard modes, because we aren't able to direct gear in the most intelligent way.

I totally get that this has been explained and rationalized. I'm telling you that this is a pain for my guild and a huge source of frustration.

Thank you for your time and attention.

-hithlo

Wicked Claw, Guildmaster

Gear isn't slowing your progression in HM's, they are beyond easy.

So, I am really curious as to your personal mindset on this issue. Adding this option (and it is an option, the auto-assignment could be kept as a looting option and a working master loot only enabled if everybody in the raid agreed to it) would not affect raiders such as yourself who are clearly already doing hard modes. Since it does not affect you personally, why do you even care? What would be the earth-shattering effect on your personal gameplay if this was added?

Just curious...

Because it's a good idea?

I thought the bag concept was a fantastic idea and I really wish they would have kept it as a bag that everyone loots and then opens.

But I love how you're trying to marginalize my opinion by implying that it doesn't affect me. It affects everyone. Someday I'll have an alt that runs through normal mode ops again. Game development isn't a democracy and Bioware isn't going to make changes just on your say-so.

Because it's a good idea?

I thought the bag concept was a fantastic idea and I really wish they would have kept it as a bag that everyone loots and then opens.

But I love how you're trying to marginalize my opinion by implying that it doesn't affect me. It affects everyone. Someday I'll have an alt that runs through normal mode ops again. Game development isn't a democracy and Bioware isn't going to make changes just on your say-so.

So, if auto-assignment of operation loot is such a good idea, why not make it the only option for Hard mode and nightmare mode ops? The answer is simple -- because, it is not a good idea.

The idea that players in normal mode ops aren't responsible enough to assign loot among themselves if everyone agrees to it, is silly.

Bioware has already changed game features based on player feedback to remove RNG aspects of loot (champion bag changes, anyone?) and this would give players more control over loot distribution, while still retaining auto-assignment loot for those groups that want to do. It gives more choice to everyone.

And again, I ask, why do you care? It does not affect your characters who are past normal mode ops, and if you have alts that want to do normal mode raiding then they could join PUGs that would choose this option. Please give some reason validating why limiting player choice is a good thing (esp. when no other MMO does this), because right now it seems like you are arguing for the sake of argument. I can pretty much guarantee that if this option was implemented, then the only groups that would still use the auto-assigned loot option would be PUGs (guild groups would use master loot), which would mean that auto-assigned loot would be 'working as intended'.

I will be honest, I don't understand players who want to limit game choices for other players when it does not affect them. One of the most common question in the Q/A thread was players asking when a same-sex romance option would be available for their companions. I could care less about same sex romances, that is something I would never use -- I am not going to join a thread arguing against it as it does not affect me.

Edited by Thoffs

EV full clear - one smuggler in full Columi, one newish 50 who'd made the effort to gear up in decent orange first.

3 Columi tokens drop, all go to the smuggler who already has them, nothing to the new guy who deserved them/needed them more.

FYI, I was the full Columi that ended up feeling I'd just robbed a friend of 3 pieces :(

So, if auto-assignment of operation loot is such a good idea, why not make it the only option for Hard mode and nightmare mode ops? The answer is simple -- because, it is not a good idea.

The idea that players in normal mode ops aren't responsible enough to assign loot among themselves if everyone agrees to it, is silly.

Bioware has already changed game features based on player feedback to remove RNG aspects of loot (champion bag changes, anyone?) and this would give players more control over loot distribution, while still retaining auto-assignment loot for those groups that want to do. It gives more choice to everyone.

And again, I ask, why do you care? It does not affect your characters who are past normal mode ops, and if you have alts that want to do normal mode raiding then they could join PUGs that would choose this option. Please give some reason validating why limiting player choice is a good thing (esp. when no other MMO does this), because right now it seems like you are arguing for the sake of argument. I can pretty much guarantee that if this option was implemented, then the only groups that would still use the auto-assigned loot option would be PUGs (guild groups would use master loot), which would mean that auto-assigned loot would be 'working as intended'.

I will be honest, I don't understand players who want to limit game choices for other players when it does not affect them. One of the most common question in the Q/A thread was players asking when a same-sex romance option would be available for their companions. I could care less about same sex romances, that is something I would never use -- I am not going to join a thread arguing against it as it does not affect me.

I'm not arguing for or against. Go back and read my first replies and you'll see I was pointing out specific things to other posters. I didn't even address the OP. The first was a guy who said half his guild was gonna rage quit over this. Really? Gonna rage quit over easy mode loot? Move on, run hardmodes (they're not actually hard) and stop crying.

I don't know why you latched on to my posts, perhaps you were just randomly clicking on the quote button, IDK. You came looking for an argument and you have the gall to call me out for arguing?

As for limiting options, I have no idea where you came up with this as I never said anything about limiting options. The fact is though, that there are limits in video games, there are always limits. Until we have the ultimate in AI and simulation technology, there will always be a finite limit as to what can be done. The fact is, Bioware has made their game and they've got a reason for doing it this way. I'd rather they focus on other areas of the game that are actually broke than changing something like this that ultimately doesn't matter. Also, anything in a normal mode op can be had from a HM flashpoint or can be purchased with commendations. You don't actually have to limit yourself to operations to get loot. There are you options, exercise them.

you fail to realize, that some guilds are casual raiders. My guild is not a raid guild we are a guild of friends that can and do raid, hardmodes, ops etc.

remove this "feature" please.

lol yet you complain about not being able to gear up fast enough....why you want to gear up if you guys are casuals who don't want to do hm+?

also normal mode is the equivalent of WoW raid finder if not easier so just suck it up and deal with the loot system

Edited by Daayz

I'm not arguing for or against. Go back and read my first replies and you'll see I was pointing out specific things to other posters. I didn't even address the OP. The first was a guy who said half his guild was gonna rage quit over this. Really? Gonna rage quit over easy mode loot? Move on, run hardmodes (they're not actually hard) and stop crying.

I don't know why you latched on to my posts, perhaps you were just randomly clicking on the quote button, IDK. You came looking for an argument and you have the gall to call me out for arguing?

As for limiting options, I have no idea where you came up with this as I never said anything about limiting options. The fact is though, that there are limits in video games, there are always limits. Until we have the ultimate in AI and simulation technology, there will always be a finite limit as to what can be done. The fact is, Bioware has made their game and they've got a reason for doing it this way. I'd rather they focus on other areas of the game that are actually broke than changing something like this that ultimately doesn't matter. Also, anything in a normal mode op can be had from a HM flashpoint or can be purchased with commendations. You don't actually have to limit yourself to operations to get loot. There are you options, exercise them.

You could have fooled me -- and in subsequent posts you are clearly against it.

I latched on to your posts because I find posters such as yourself interesting. Player A makes a post about wanting to add game option X, and this is an option that only adds more choice to the game and does not remove it (as in this case, auto-loot assign would not be removed as a looting option, there would simply be a working master loot as an additional option). Yes, this would cost developer time but everything costs developer time and the devs will either implement it or not, at their own priority.

Then Player B (yourself) posts explaining why option X is not needed, and here is how Player A should play the game or make do with other options in the game. Guess what - the other players wanting that option are already aware of those options, and don't like them, or they would not be posting their request in the first place. I know that this is news to you, but yes, it is true!

Player C (myself) tells Player B (yourself) that you know what, your oh-so-wise advice on how we should be playing the game is not really needed or wanted. And Player B gets oh-so-upset that their oh-so-wise advice is not wanted! Imagine that! In fact, Player B can't even fathom that their advice is not wanted, how could other players not want to benefit from their wise advice?

I am sure that players in the Suggestion Box forum would love hearing from you about how their suggestions are not needed, lots of action for you over there.

I am retiring from this thread, feel free to keep telling other players how to play the game, I am sure they will appreciate your wise advice.

Edited by Thoffs

One solution if they wanted to keep the current system is to allow the person that is awarded the automatic loot to have the option to pass the loot to the next person on the list for said item. This would allow guilds to evenly distribute loot and limit the amount of Ninja looting in PUGs.

no you missed the part where we are not a big time raiding guild, we just wan to have fun.

not everyone wants to go to work when they log into a video game which is heavy raiding becomes.

No you are missing the point that has been expounded in many threads before this one, We were asked as a community about this system during beta and this was decided by the community to be the best system for normal modes. If you guys can't won't run hard modes it is not fair to enable a system that will allow others to profit on it. Gold DKP comes to mind. that was one of the reasons it was set in place. I am sorry you weren't part of the community then or didn't bother to give feedback.

A little preparation is that stands between your guild and hard mode runs. If you want some suggestions or help the community is here to give that to you

One solution if they wanted to keep the current system is to allow the person that is awarded the automatic loot to have the option to pass the loot to the next person on the list for said item. This would allow guilds to evenly distribute loot and limit the amount of Ninja looting in PUGs.

^^^^^^ This

Edited by Foenixz

You could have fooled me -- and in subsequent posts you are clearly against it.

I latched on to your posts because I find posters such as yourself interesting. Player A makes a post about wanting to add game option X, and this is an option that only adds more choice to the game and does not remove it (as in this case, auto-loot assign would not be removed as a looting option, there would simply be a working master loot as an additional option). Yes, this would cost developer time but everything costs developer time and the devs will either implement it or not, at their own priority.

Then Player B (yourself) posts explaining why option X is not needed, and here is how Player A should play the game or make do with other options in the game. Guess what - the other players wanting that option are already aware of those options, and don't like them, or they would not be posting their request in the first place. I know that this is news to you, but yes, it is true!

Player C (myself) tells Player B (yourself) that you know what, your oh-so-wise advice on how we should be playing the game is not really needed or wanted. And Player B gets oh-so-upset that their oh-so-wise advice is not wanted! Imagine that! In fact, Player B can't even fathom that their advice is not wanted, how could other players not want to benefit from their wise advice?

I am sure that players in the Suggestion Box forum would love hearing from you about how their suggestions are not needed, lots of action for you over there.

I am retiring from this thread, feel free to keep telling other players how to play the game, I am sure they will appreciate your wise advice.

News flash, but all games have an optimal method to playing them. I'm simply trying to be helpful by pointing out how people can best take advantage of the current mechanics. You came here to pick an argument with me and you're attributing things to me that I never said. I'm not even going to bother refuting them all because it's clear you're not listening anyways. If you don't want to listen to my advice, fine, leave the thread and don't respond. I only offer it up to be helpful, I couldn't care less if people want to flounder in mediocrity.

The game works the way it is, obvious bugs not withstanding. It was designed by intelligent people who obviously put a lot of thought into how the game would be played. It's up to the player to figure out the optimal solution to the game's mechanics. If it changes in the future, so be it, but I don't see the point in whining on the forums about the current mechanics of the game when there are alternate paths to the same goal.

We were asked as a community about this system during beta and this was decided by the community to be the best system for normal modes.

lol, as if bioware gives a rat's *** about the "communities" (people on the forum are only a fraction of the actual "community") opinion and not their precious metrics. they even said so themself.

the ONLY reason this was implemented is to prevent ticket bombs from 7/15 players when someone ninjas in a raid or the all too common "I got that item but don't want it, can you give to my guildmate?!". nothing more nothing less.

less tickets = less GMs needed to deal with it = less money spend.

but hey, just keep believing that it was done because "the community" preferred it, and not because it saves bioware money.

It was designed by intelligent people who obviously put a lot of thought into how the game would be played.

If it changes in the future, so be it, but I don't see the point in whining on the forums about the current mechanics of the game when there are alternate paths to the same goal.

doesn't mean it's the best solution or even the most acceptable. and the only way to get something changed IS to complain about it. if enough people spam the forums, makes them quit and messes with bioware's ticket numbers, it will be changed.

in short: only if it negatively affects their profits gameplay related stuff will be changed.

Edited by Graburr

Just curious...

there were many posters as yourself in the beta threads. with the "it doesnt affect you" reply

in truth it does. trade chat will be filled with that much more spam. solo'ers will still stay away and continue to rant about how they get gear stolen from them and how they should have better pve gear(lets save that for a different thread).

normal modes are like running a hm fp with 2x the people, its there so you can enjoy the content and not wonder if you're gonna juked on gear cuz somebody wanted it for vendoring (extremely common in WoW). if you actually want to raid do the hm its the equivalent of a normal raid from WoW and you can assign gear as you want (when it isnt bugged)

Edited by SamuraiCrazy

lol, as if bioware gives a rat's *** about the "communities" (people on the forum are only a fraction of the actual "community") opinion and not their precious metrics. they even said so themself.

the ONLY reason this was implemented is to prevent ticket bombs from 7/15 players when someone ninjas in a raid or the all too common "I got that item but don't want it, can you give to my guildmate?!". nothing more nothing less.

less tickets = less GMs needed to deal with it = less money spend.

but hey, just keep believing that it was done because "the community" preferred it, and not because it saves bioware money.

doesn't mean it's the best solution or even the most acceptable. and the only way to get something changed IS to complain about it. if enough people spam the forums, makes them quit and messes with bioware's ticket numbers, it will be changed.

in short: only if it negatively affects their profits gameplay related stuff will be changed.

lol back at you. I am perfectly happy at how they have done the community. So, they don't address every QQ thread here, so what? would you rather have WoWs relationship with such a bad system any group that whines enough gets what they want?

They asked we answered and there you have it. We came up with this. So, you don't like you should have some say then.

Edited by Foenixz

lol back at you. I am perfectly happy at how they have done the community. So, they don't address every QQ thread here, so what? would you rather have WoWs relationship with such a bad system any group that whines enough gets what they want?

gz for still not understanding why they did it - for money, not to please you.

but like I said, keep believing. you'll figure it out in time...

protip: blizzard works exactly the same.

Edited by Graburr

Twice I've run normal EV and twice I've had every single piece of gear (about 5 pieces in total) that would have been an upgrade handed to someone (a guild member, as these were both guild runs) who didn't need it and was simply helping gear out our new 50s. This is unacceptable - whoever thought of this needs to be hanged, drawn and quartered.

so from what i can see, this argument is between people who want the current system, which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system. And is meeting resistance from a group of people who believe that the system is working as designed and that the complainers (sorry for the derogatorry language, but you are the ones complaining) should run hard modes

first, I think that this game has been out for two months, and was far from a perfect launch. There are numerous issues that i think the developers are addressing first.

second, why dont the normal mode-ers try a hard mode and come back and see if they still vehemently protest the current system

Furthermore, it is clear that the system is not functioning as designed when it gives a player multiple armor peices for the same slot

Also, as this game has been out for only two months, i am a little shocked to see a "casual" raiding guild pop up, because to get to fifty must've taken hours of game play

all in all, just my 2 cents

so from what i can see, this argument is between people who want the current system, which was designed to prevent ninja looters, changed to a more player controlled/moderated system. And is meeting resistance from a group of people who believe that the system is working as designed and that the complainers (sorry for the derogatorry language, but you are the ones complaining) should run hard modes

first, I think that this game has been out for two months, and was far from a perfect launch. There are numerous issues that i think the developers are addressing first.

second, why dont the normal mode-ers try a hard mode and come back and see if they still vehemently protest the current system

Furthermore, it is clear that the system is not functioning as designed when it gives a player multiple armor peices for the same slot

Also, as this game has been out for only two months, i am a little shocked to see a "casual" raiding guild pop up, because to get to fifty must've taken hours of game play

all in all, just my 2 cents

You can't implement a system like this without taking into account the gear that the player receiving the item already has. Twice now, as I stated above, I've lost gear to people who are wearing the Rakata version of the item that was dropped. Either fix the system so it bases its decision on what the players have equipped/in their inventory, or just enable need/greed as normal mode Ops are the same as HM flashpoints. Both of these methods would prevent ninja looting, the former would guarantee that the people with inferior gear would receive the items they need.