Sometimes no xp for mobs

BenduKundalini

At first I thought it was a level sync problem but it's also happened with characters of planet level on Hutta and Dromund Kaas.

Right now I've been missing 500xp for 15 minutes to ding level 32 on Coruscant, and even Heroics mobs won't bring in a single x point.

I have a feeling that this is related to where you teleported from... sort of like the stat-less pvp stuff on fleet which is corrected once you change instances.

At any rate it's irksome... :rolleyes:

As I said, it also happens when my chars are of the planet's current level.

What does happen on overkill chars is that bonus quests gray out like in the good old times if you > 6 levels.

But that's a separate matter.

So :

- going to stronghold and back = fail

- changing char = fail

- changing servers and back = fail

- sending char to another planet = worked on planet 2 (Taris) BUT didn't fix problem on Coruscant :mad:

Char is level 32.

Run a repair just in case and to tick it off of things to try

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Yes, but Hutta max level range is 12, and if your level 11 character kills level 3 mobs there's a level difference of more than 6/7.

True, but it happened to be in the North-west area where two heroics are... mobs are about level 8 IIRC

Run a repair just in case and to tick it off of things to try

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Thanks Owen, will try that.

Now in Justicar section, working as intended, but Old Galactic Market including H2 Public Enemies, mob xp is fubar.

Maybe the culprit is precisely the bonus quest to a quest I just took, and which fails to sync after stage 1, Crisis in Galactic City (the one with the corrupt senator and captain on bridge)

Edited by BenduKundalini

I've been seeing the same thing. I end up being overleveled for the planet (most recent being yesterday and Coruscant) and doing class missions, mobs were giving zero XP like the level sync wasn't being registered.

That is weird. Not something I can say I noticed; even when my DvL character goes back to OM; but now I'm going to have to start paying attention.

Offhand, I wonder if they're testing something to make botting harder. If you can't get XP on the starter planets from mob kills (only missions), it's going to make it a LOT harder to level bots, with minimal impact to actual players (especially if they up mission completion XP to make up the difference).

That is weird. Not something I can say I noticed; even when my DvL character goes back to OM; but now I'm going to have to start paying attention.

Offhand, I wonder if they're testing something to make botting harder. If you can't get XP on the starter planets from mob kills (only missions), it's going to make it a LOT harder to level bots, with minimal impact to actual players (especially if they up mission completion XP to make up the difference).

Nope it's happened time and again after 4.xx and before the DvL event.

I went adventuring, finished the class quest on Coruscant, did space missions, came back to finish both Public Enemies and the Face Merchants heroics and again, no xp mob.

It's happened to different chars of mine on different servers in northwestern Hutta and in the area of Dromund Kaas with the Personal Challenge heroic as well. So it seems to be localized...

Edited by BenduKundalini

Nope it's happened time and again after 4.xx and before the DvL event.

I went adventuring, finished the class quest on Coruscant, did space missions, came back to finish both Public Enemies and the Face Merchants heroics and again, no xp mob.

It's happened to different chars of mine on different servers in northwestern Hutta and in the area of Dromund Kaas with the Personal Challenge heroic as well. So it seems to be localized...

That's even more weird.

- sending char to another planet = worked on planet 2 (Taris) BUT didn't fix problem on Coruscant :mad:

Char is level 32.

The mobs in the first area of Coruscant are level 7-9, so they will be grey and give no xp since you're level sync'd to 17. Any mob less than level 12 won't give you xp on Coruscant.

The mobs in the first area of Coruscant are level 7-9, so they will be grey and give no xp since you're level sync'd to 17. Any mob less than level 12 won't give you xp on Coruscant.

Of course! That makes a lot of sense. Same with OM/Hutta - there are L1 and 2 mobs there and you're synced to 10.

Makes sense, I'll have to double check. I was just doing some on Taris, didn't pay attention to the level of mobs or of sync but got xp all the way...

If the level of the mob is gray to you, you won't get any exp from it, regardless of level sync. Sometimes your level gets synced too high to get exp from some mobs on a planet.

If you have any doubts, target a mob and look at its level. Gray = no exp.

Makes sense, I'll have to double check. I was just doing some on Taris, didn't pay attention to the level of mobs or of sync but got xp all the way...

After the Starter & Capitol Planets, the levels aren't so stretched out (only 3-4 levels) so you'll be at the top end (synced) while the mobs will still be green and you'll get xp from them.

BW really needs to modify their level sync by the zones on a planet rather than planet-wide for the Starter and Capitol Planets

If the level of the mob is gray to you, you won't get any exp from it, regardless of level sync. Sometimes your level gets synced too high to get exp from some mobs on a planet.

If you have any doubts, target a mob and look at its level. Gray = no exp.

I'll pay attention now, thanks!

After the Starter & Capitol Planets, the levels aren't so stretched out (only 3-4 levels) so you'll be at the top end (synced) while the mobs will still be green and you'll get xp from them.

BW really needs to modify their level sync by the zones on a planet rather than planet-wide for the Starter and Capitol Planets

You definitely win the thread! :cool:

Edited by BenduKundalini

IF they could, they probably would have already. Level Sync messes with several important class missions.

Most multi-stage bonus quests are fubar, too...

Indeed, I dont think Ive seen a multi staged mission give me XP on any planet that i'm over leveled on since 4.0

The first stage is always fine, but any stages after that gives you the gray level xp, 5, 7 or 9 depending on the boosts you're using.

I confirmed your theory was correct yesterday both on Hutta and Dromund Kaas. The old muckworks area has level 5-6 mobs, if you're 12 or 12+ you get nothing. Same for most areas on DK except Dark Temple if you're 18+.

Grats again!