Web Content Roadmap

DanielSteed

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Updating this thread as all the articles involving Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' are now out (aside from the "Is Live" article when the update launches). The next article that I am working on is "The Spoils of War". This will be talking in depth about a lot of the changes happening to itemization and gearing with the 'Onslaught' expansion. We will also be hosting a livestream in the coming weeks to discuss this topic. Once the full details of that are ironed out, we'll be sure to make an announcement post.

Updating this thread as all the articles involving Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' are now out (aside from the "Is Live" article when the update launches). The next article that I am working on is "The Spoils of War". This will be talking in depth about a lot of the changes happening to itemization and gearing with the 'Onslaught' expansion. We will also be hosting a livestream in the coming weeks to discuss this topic. Once the full details of that are ironed out, we'll be sure to make an announcement post.

I look forward to hearing details about the new gearing system.

I'm looking forward to the new event.

While they're working on events, is there any chance of slightly improving the rewards for the Gree event? There are numerous threads of people asking for somewhat better solo player rewards.

Also, while you're posting new articles, could you please get an icon for the Strongholds forum? Thanks!

Eric Musco,

i loved reading about all the new content, but can you (Eric) or someone please tell me when the NEXT SALE is on SERVER TRANSFERS from the current 1,000 cc to 90 cc and the like?

USUALLY (or as far as i have seen, over the years, and consistently) the sale has happened in or around the time of the month of May, along with the collection unlock sale. And here we are, in mid-May, and there has not been any sale on SERVER TRANSFERS for characters. Please update me on when this might happen again? thanks! :)

(I also sent you a tweet about this but being it was not sent during CST weekday working hours, i guess i was too late in sending it and you might not reply on it soon lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks exciting. I will say this, especially about the Nautolans, and species, in general. This entire game, from the ground up, was clearly designed for people playing human, and only human characters.

Yes, there are a few dialog tags, here and there, but for the most part, they barely exist. Compare that to the different races one chooses in Dragon Age Inquisition. Your experiences as an elf mage, are dramatically different, then say, being a human rogue.

That's the level of immersion i want, and I don't believe I'm alone. Now, redoing the early chapters is impossible, i realize that, but would adding in a few, "hey, you're a Nautolan, or a Twi'lek," or whatever, lines of dialog, be that tough? it would go a long way to making the species I just dumped 600 ccs on, feel a lot more fulfilling. Otherwise, you're really just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Edited by srtyab

Looks exciting. I will say this, especially about the Nautolans, and species, in general. This entire game, from the ground up, was clearly designed for people playing human, and only human characters.

Yes, there are a few dialog tags, here and there, but for the most part, they barely exist. Compare that to the different races one chooses in Dragon Age Inquisition. Your experiences as an elf mage, are dramatically different, then say, being a human rogue.

That's the level of immersion i want, and I don't believe I'm alone. Now, redoing the early chapters is impossible, i realize that, but would adding in a few, "hey, you're a Nautolan, or a Twi'lek," or whatever, lines of dialog, be that tough? it would go a long way to making the species I just dumped 600 ccs on, feel a lot more fulfilling. Otherwise, you're really just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Yes it would be tough due to requiring more voice-acting, from all languages the game is available nevermind coding those options in. And they're not wasting anybody's time, none of the new species had special dialogues on the vanilla game being added as far as I'm aware. But they do allow players to use that species in the character creator, which is the point.

Now, redoing the early chapters is impossible, i realize that, but would adding in a few, "hey, you're a Nautolan, or a Twi'lek," or whatever, lines of dialog, be that tough? it would go a long way to making the species I just dumped 600 ccs on, feel a lot more fulfilling. Otherwise, you're really just wasting everyone's time, including your own.

Tough, yes, absolutely. And completely worth it.

IMHO, no matter how much SWTOR struggles to excel at PvP and other aspects of the game, its real strength still lies in the original class stories. Anything that enhances those or the following Chapters would be a welcome and beneficial addition to the game.

• 5 weeks later...

I do have a serious question about Command becoming Renown. The Legacy Perk that grant faster progression for each mirror class that gets to 300 Command isn't going away or being rest on those us who have spent time unlocking the mirror classes and credits on the Perk in the first place? I ask this because the Legacy idea from the beginning was supposed to be one of the key features in the game and while the perks are useful if expensive in terms or credits or Cartel Coins for something that was supposed to be a core mechanic to the players. I was so impressed with the idea of the Legacy System and what was described I was the first among my group of friends and guild mates to hit Legacy Fifty. A couple of examples of this are character perks that should be global such are claiming HK-51. All the work to get him and now if I want him on another toon I need to have 350CC or 1 Millian Credits for each additional toon.

I'm hoping BioWare and EA take into account that when you guys get players to work towards something then either it's less that what it was supposed to be from you descriptions or something earned in simply taken away that is how you lose loyal customers to other companies. I like the Game, like the story but dislike working towards thing and losing them. Also, as pointed out by a couple people before me Lack of Communication, Proper Communication is another way to alienate those you want to keep around.

Edited by Wolf_Knight
removing quote because I quoted wrong post somehow

• 1 month later...

If you are a Chiss imperial agent you will be adopted into prominent Chiss family when completing Hoth. If any other species including human you will not be. Of course nothing actually comes of it.

Occasionally NPCs will refer to nonhuman player characters as aliens. And you can sometimes object to their prejudice/ That's about all you can expect for Nautolan player characters.

Companions seem blind to your race though. Vette acts as if Twi'lek Sith Warrior doesn't know about Twi'lek marriage ceremony if you romance her. And talk about adopting children as if you were not Twi'lek too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...