Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I don't think gender of the characters plays any role in the hatred. It all comes down to the writing. Look at Lana ... requests keep popping up for an option to kill her / make her leave.

Female Arcann / Male Vaylin ? I'd preach! :D

I think Lana's problem is that she's more or less the last companion standing and seeing her while not seeing other characters we may like more than her tends to get annoying for many people (me included, even though i actually like her and don't want to kill or exile her)

Female Arcann looks pretty cute, male Vaylin looks quite nice too, reminds me a bit of Loki, which is always good :rolleyes:

Never be ashamed!! :p

Funny, because shame is part of my new chapter. ;)

From Ashes We Will Rise - The Slithering Snake - part 2

yay, finally got some time to read it, and that's always nice to read a new chapter.

I too liked the interactions between the 2, Arcann's reaction to Indo, and Nyx staring while Arcann doesn't know.

I also like the setting, getting ti know more about Zakuul situation, and its relationship with her Alliance ^^

Thank you both. :)

I think that my favourite scenes in this chapter (in terns of headcanons, not that I wrote them particularly well :p) Are when he entrusts her with his lightsaber, and the very last one.

Edited by Iheaca

• 3 weeks later...
I finally gave in to the temptation of having some commissions done...

I am sooooooo in love with this one!

It's sweet ^^

I had fun a few days ago watching an episode of Supernatural season 13 in french.

First Dean has the same VA as Master Relnex, Sam has the same VA as Corso, but the best part of that episode was a medium voiced by Senya's VA whose son was voiced by Arcann's :D

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone -waves- been reading back and there has been quite a bit of discussion going on -Can't decide if I should leave the forum less...or more >> :D-

While I'm always happy to see this thread resurrected

Bump ^ :)

I'll focus on the more interesting part of your post: Bedding Arcann :o

For me anyway 00 -Though as a rule, if it's a choice between a discussion about bedding or politics/ethics and transient properties between real life and fiction (spec Fantasy/Sci-Fi)...I'd always pick bedding-

It doesn't really make sense to me to talk about whether I would or wouldn't romance Arcann in real life. There's so many aspects of the character that can't be transferred to the real world.

Bump ^ Especially given the profound effect/co-dependency(?) the force/the groups devoted to the force promotes.

Not to mention that our own understanding of our brains/ minds is limited. Understanding the effect events or biology can have on it is still a relatively new area, adding the fantasy/sci-fi elements to this further complicates the issue.

However, if I existed within the Star Wars universe, I would totally romance the heck out of Arcann :cool: And I would take him over Theron or any of the other more conventionally attractive men in the game any day. I RP all my characters and none of them are particularly like me, but the only romance that I'm really emotionally invested in, not just because it's part of my character's story, but because it makes me feel things, is Arcann's. And I'm not even a little bit ashamed of that :p

What is this `conventionally attractive` thing you speak of? sounds made up to me :D

I watched a video of the Khem romance and it was very sweet. If his alien physique bothers you, romance doesn't have to include "doing the deed". Remember, this is a universe where a Hutt and a Pa'lowick can date.

I'd have to watch through the various interactions to decide one way or the other (for me!), but on the whole I find who the character's are and what dialogue/action choices are taken can effect the overall feel of the relationship :) And as for physique thats not really an issue for me in or out of the starwars universe. The shape of something doesn't dictate it's intellect/ sentience. Still, can make for some interesting compatibility problem solving though ;)

Never be ashamed!! :p

Funny, because shame is part of my new chapter. ;)

From Ashes We Will Rise - The Slithering Snake - part 2

An expertly done plug good Sith -bows- I really need to catch up with this, not even sure where I last got up to :confused:. Oh well from the beginning it is -Reading Arcann Fanfic, such hardship :rak_04:-

No trolling going on here. Only genuine curiosity of course.

I'm gonna go with a solid few then. After all the threads pages aren't Just me talking to myself, I promise!

But I actually don't view him that way. I'm perfectly happy that he got his redemption arc. I don't think it was done well, but I did want it to happen, because to me he was another victim, just as Vaylin was. He just presented differently. He still did horrible things. He was in no way more rational. Before the ritual, Senya even said that without it, he would lash out at them, even after he had saved her life in a moment of clarity. He was broken, and he got help, and was then able to fully express his remorse for what he'd done, but it was after he got help, with the exception of some individual moments, similar to how Vaylin showed another side when she met fake Thexan.

----

Personally, I"d just love it if this contest about which one of these abuse and brainwashing victims was worse or deserved to die for it would die in a fire. They both should have been helped if we so chose, not one over the other, and I am deathly tired of hearing both about "space Hitler" and "psycho chick". They were both victims of an eldritch horror who was the only real villain here, both did wrong, but one of them we got to choose to help, the other we were forced to hurt more before killing her. That's it.

Very much this ^ I don't believe anyone was in their right mind -drastic understatement - And I wish the whole arc didn't feel so rushed :( I think it would have benefited from more time to flesh out the interactions between the different characters :( I would have loved to get to know the eternal family better, it's exactly the kind of story arc I'd be fascinated by. But too much of what other people enjoyed about the game (old comps, Class story, continued contact with class factions etc.) was almost completely cut out...So I'll just have to hope the new narrative will have some of what I'm looking for, that chara's from that arc won't completely disappear. :( It likely won't help with Vaylin's situ though, I'm not really sure what could be added at this point to help -frowns- Maybe some points to discuss feelings on KOtFE and KOtET with involved charas? A lot happened in that short time for our protags and their not really given much opportunity to voice opinions on whats going on, what actions they're being forced to take. Plus they have only just got Valky out of their heads (prior to Iokath-Traitor storyline) think it's time to stop and process.

Having a new/returning chara ask about some key events could be a cool way of doing it, like they are catching up/getting a first person perspective of events they've just heard about. The option to just skip over if your chara just wants to be done with it (know some want to get away from the whole story line- would make sense for some charas)

I could see some closure for Vaylin through/with Senya. I don't think she was allowed what I would have expected, considering how close they once were, how determined she was to reach *both* of her children.

I strongly disagree with you here. There is a lot in game in various places to indicate that Vaylin was born broken. Even as a small child, well before there was any type of abuse, she was dangerously violent. She learned she liked to hurt people BEFORE there was any torture involved. Now, I'm not claiming that Arcann's military decisions were anything but extreme, but he didn't do them for fun. He did what he thought he had to do to win a war. Vaylin killed for fun. Vaylin was not insane in a legal sense of the word. Like all other sociopaths who discover they like to torture and kill, she knew right from wrong, she just didn't care.

I would tend to disagree with this, most young children will exhibit signs of sociopathic behaviour at a young age; they're still growing/developing that part of them, it's why that early stage (learning to interact with others etc) is so important.

Being a `sociopath` is when for various reasons these areas of the brain don't develop as they typically would (or get damaged?) or at least thats my understanding. It's not that they choose not to relate, they just don't. And thats not even going into the fact that even being a clinically diagnosed sociopath doesn't actually mean you'll be dangerous. There are a lot of factors.

Regardless we cannot say that she would have been the same without/prior to the torture, there lacks evidence either way. Simply she wasn't given the chance, thats all we can know :(.

Your theory that Vaylin hate died down because she gets killed falls down because Quinn hate is alive and well despite people being able to kill him. Here are two recent Reddit posts on them. One on Vaylin and one on Quinn. Do you not see how wildly different they are treated?

Seeing Arcann, Koth, Quinn and their fans treated one way while seeing Vaylin, Jaesa, Thana and their fans treated another way, looks pretty gendered to me.

I would say that the intensity is different, but it is worth noting that the intensity is higher because they feel threatened by Arcann/Quinn because there is president/chance of future content. :( They just dismiss Vaylin because they don't see her as likely to get future content (given they would have to get around her death - It's like the comps that can die but worse). They'll still kick at the fans that like her, because why not? :mad:

As for the other comps mentioned, I've seen some serious shaming for all of them >> and the shaming's the problem not the other charas or their fan base.

Everyone is scared/sad they won't get more time with their faves (folks that love the charas/game anyway) and thats a crappy place to be :( Doesn't matter who your routing for, and no one should be making anyone else feel bad for liking a character. Nobody should feel targeted because of which fan base they belong to.

I would hesitate to say gender has no factor in it, but I would hesitate to say any attribute has no factor in the results. A lot goes into people's reactions and they aren't all the same. It's just complicated, like all people things are...

Which is why I vastly prefer discussing bedding ;)

-phew- Sorry for the wall of text, and the dragging up old topics XD But I think a lot of you had interesting points.

-aaaaand I never appear to be around when you make them ><-

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Late to the party, but the Arcann romance is why a Founder such as I got a new account (old one is long gone) and subscribed again. Big thank you for this reason to return and I am excited for the new stuff to come in the future!

Yeah we lucked out :D

Glad to see you found a reason for returning! Helps when the doomsaying does it's obligatory laps/rounds.

Plus we can never have to many in here <3

Yeah we lucked out :D

Glad to see you found a reason for returning! Helps when the doomsaying does it's obligatory laps/rounds.

Plus we can never have to many in here <3

It was a pleasant surprise because I remember playing Fallen Empire for the first time and was taken back by how the idea of him being a romance for my main JC just randomly popped into my head when he wasn't even given the choice of being redeemed yet. A few years later I watched someone play chapter 6 in KOTET and that's when I realized there was definitely something about Arcann that seemed like a flirt option should have been added when talking about his maskless face. After that I got invested in MEA and then discovered the wonders of Fallout and lost track. When I heard news about this game at SWC in April I decided to check in on it and the moment I saw that option, I knew I could complete my story in the perfect way I dreamed of back then, so I returned and have been enjoying it even more after a long break!

What I love about his romance, is my JC never seemed right with anyone she could romance and after redeeming Arcann, you spend a lot of time with him, fighting together to defeat his corrupted family. You share moments of encouragement and heartfelt words. You can understand why by the end, he had fallen for your character, so when my JC had a moment of peace to relax and contemplate, Arcann's message to meet with her and their confessions just matched how I played her through the whole game. She really didn't realize her feelings until that moment and knew there could be no one else. It felt like an actual slow burn love story. It helps that I played from start to finish too, so the story flowed without waiting for the next chapter. That way I could see the development of their relationship.

I also like the romance because it comes after everything has happened, and she never broke her code when she was a true Jedi years ago. Once she became Empress of the Eternal Alliance, she knew things had changed, she had and changed and this is what she wanted. After things with Theron settled, her and Qyzen reunited with Felix and Nadia and now she's starting to feel whole again. She just hopes Tharan/Holiday and Zenith are doing alright.

Anyways I'm a very optimistic, glass is full type of woman, so hopefully I can keep things a bit cheery around here. :)

It was a pleasant surprise because I remember playing Fallen Empire for the first time and was taken back by how the idea of him being a romance for my main JC just randomly popped into my head when he wasn't even given the choice of being redeemed yet. A few years later I watched someone play chapter 6 in KOTET and that's when I realized there was definitely something about Arcann that seemed like a flirt option should have been added when talking about his maskless face. After that I got invested in MEA and then discovered the wonders of Fallout and lost track. When I heard news about this game at SWC in April I decided to check in on it and the moment I saw that option, I knew I could complete my story in the perfect way I dreamed of back then, so I returned and have been enjoying it even more after a long break!

What I love about his romance, is my JC never seemed right with anyone she could romance and after redeeming Arcann, you spend a lot of time with him, fighting together to defeat his corrupted family. You share moments of encouragement and heartfelt words. You can understand why by the end, he had fallen for your character, so when my JC had a moment of peace to relax and contemplate, Arcann's message to meet with her and their confessions just matched how I played her through the whole game. She really didn't realize her feelings until that moment and knew there could be no one else. It felt like an actual slow burn love story. It helps that I played from start to finish too, so the story flowed without waiting for the next chapter. That way I could see the development of their relationship.

I also like the romance because it comes after everything has happened, and she never broke her code when she was a true Jedi years ago. Once she became Empress of the Eternal Alliance, she knew things had changed, she had and changed and this is what she wanted. After things with Theron settled, her and Qyzen reunited with Felix and Nadia and now she's starting to feel whole again. She just hopes Tharan/Holiday and Zenith are doing alright.

Anyways I'm a very optimistic, glass is full type of woman, so hopefully I can keep things a bit cheery around here. :)

Yeah, it's basically cannon that he's smitten with the outlander/alliance commander in the redeem storyline :D

and If you encourage him he fesses up <3 -I believe Gawd don't quote me :eek::D That his writer wrote him that way-

I'm glad you got to playout your ideal JC :) and despite some uncertainty about where it's going (SWTOR - Rep vs. Imp refocus) I'm exited, eager to see what they have for us.

Aaaand good, you can help me top up glasses then ;) You've been drafted :p

-There are plenty of other positive folk about the thread too, will likely see more familiar faces once more details come out for new content-

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Yeah, it's basically cannon that he's smitten with the outlander/alliance commander in the redeem storyline :D

and If you encourage him he fesses up <3 -I believe Gawd don't quote me :eek::D That his writer wrote him that way-

I'm glad you got to playout your ideal JC :) and despite some uncertainty about where it's going (SWTOR - Rep vs. Imp refocus) I'm exited, eager to see what they have for us.

Aaaand good, you can help me top up glasses then ;) You've been drafted :p

-There are plenty of other positive folk about the thread too, will likely see more familiar faces once more details come out for new content-

I love when BW does that. Like when people wanted to romance Garrus in ME1, but he was only made available in ME2. Felt like we developed a bond that led to more, instead of a scripted romance option from the start (same with Kaidan and a male Shepard in ME3 and Nadia in SWTOR). I like romances in my games, but ones that feel natural, not ones that don't flow with the plot (in my case romancing as a Jedi Consular who I RP as true to her code), because romance is always in SW, but it's not about the love scenes, it's about getting to that point where you know those two have feelings, but there just isn't a right time to say it, and when it finally happens, it's a beautiful moment that makes you smile.

I'm eager to continue after Jedi Under Siege. I really loved that story and Tau!

I look forward to meeting them! :)

My Jedi Consular is who I have with Arcann as well and I think they're perfect for each other ^_^ My consular is purely LS, healer, gentle and forgiving and even when Arcann was corrupted by darkness and trying to kill him, he sympathized with him over his father's abuse and tried to get Arcann to surrender/make peace. Even though it's short and we probably wont get any more content with Arcann, I'm glad we got the romance.

My Jedi Consular is who I have with Arcann as well and I think they're perfect for each other ^_^ My consular is purely LS, healer, gentle and forgiving and even when Arcann was corrupted by darkness and trying to kill him, he sympathized with him over his father's abuse and tried to get Arcann to surrender/make peace. Even though it's short and we probably wont get any more content with Arcann, I'm glad we got the romance.

I noticed many seem to pair him with the JC. I never really played a JK, but I'm trying it right now. She doesn't seem to work with Arcann for me. I see her falling for Theron. She's a bit more brash than the JC too. Arcann when redeemed is a gentle, shy man with passion that's subdued and shown through actions like when he kisses the one he loves, and I find that my sweet JC who saved a Sith from his broken self would easily accept Arcann too, and the rest just fell into place when he spoke of his feelings for her. She's a lot like him. Gentle, a bit shy, they both have a sense of humor they show on occasion and they love fully when they open their hearts and are fiercely loyal to the ones they wish to protect. Especially the soft spot she holds for Yuon. She gave her life's energy twice to keep her alive, not just for her, but for Qyzen too.

I'm just happy he's officially with my JC. They had 2 lovely scenes together and now it's back to business!

Edited by thejediscavenger

I noticed many seem to pair him with the JC. I never really played a JK, but I'm trying it right now. She doesn't seem to work with Arcann for me. I see her falling for Theron. She's a bit more brash than the JC too. Arcann when redeemed is a gentle, shy man with passion that's subdued and shown through actions like when he kisses the one he loves, and I find that my sweet JC who saved a Sith from his broken self would easily accept Arcann too, and the rest just fell into place when he spoke of his feelings for her. She's a lot like him. Gentle, a bit shy, they both have a sense of humor they show on occasion and they love fully when they open their hearts and are fiercely loyal to the ones they wish to protect. Especially the soft spot she holds for Yuon. She gave her life's energy twice to keep her alive, not just for her, but for Qyzen too.

I'm just happy he's officially with my JC. They had 2 lovely scenes together and now it's back to business!

I spent quite some time trying to figure out who would suit my JK the best and hesitated a lot between Theron and Arcann actually.

Both worked quite well, but she ended up with Theron, and she now has a brother-sister kind of relationship with Arcann.

And i really like it this way actually.

I paired Arcann with my SW,. She's nearly as tall as him, very muscular, they're both fighters and were both tools for Vitiate/Valkorion, they can understand each other pretty well.

But their relationship is a bit different than the Outlander-Arcann relationship as my "canon" Outlander is my JK, not my SW, who would be more like a self-appointed super bodyguard for my JK.

They first respected each other as warriors before slowly falling for each other.

Oh hey, some new activity here! Hello new member of the Arcannites. :D

I paired my SI with Arcann and, well, they work just fine together too. But she is of the neutral kind, not DS nor LS. The romance scene was cute even though now I would change many things in it because of the huge amount of headcanons I developed, and I loved Nathema's special scene.

Now I have to get my head back into this romance and get back to work... I've been distracted lately...

Edited by Iheaca

My SW is always for Quinn even when I try to stray. :D

I adore the SI! Her voice is so lovely and she seems like she could have a good heart when I am LS, though she won't be purely LS. I do love a good shock treatment sometimes. Meeting Arcann with her will be interesting! After my JK run I'll be giving it a shot.

Thank you for the welcome! :)

I feel the same, I really like Arcann with a gentle and sweet character and my Jedi Knights are always quite plucky and feisty so as you said, perfect with Theron ^_^

I feel the same, I really like Arcann with a gentle and sweet character and my Jedi Knights are always quite plucky and feisty so as you said, perfect with Theron ^_^

I was a bit surprised by his actual personality if he had never been twisted by his father. I think he would have made a benevolent leader to his people, and still wish the option to return him to the throne could have been there for an Outlander who did not want it, and together as partners, they could work to restore Zakuul. Or if people could not accept him yet, have him aid the Outlander in their duties.

I did like how we can actually disband it like in DAI, but placing it in Arcann's hands or if he died, maybe someone else from Zakuul, would have been a nice option.

As for Arcann himself, I will say that his darker side still does show, but it's when he's expressing his passion/loyalty for the Outlander now. I kind of like that. I also like how he didn't want Theron to be treated poorly for his choices. I headcanon he did not want the Outlander to give into his/her feelings of betrayal and hate and become what he did. I don't think a corrupted by the DS Outlander who was once LS would be something Arcann could handle well.

I was a bit surprised by his actual personality if he had never been twisted by his father. I think he would have made a benevolent leader to his people, and still wish the option to return him to the throne could have been there for an Outlander who did not want it, and together as partners, they could work to restore Zakuul. Or if people could not accept him yet, have him aid the Outlander in their duties.

I did like how we can actually disband it like in DAI, but placing it in Arcann's hands or if he died, maybe someone else from Zakuul, would have been a nice option.

As for Arcann himself, I will say that his darker side still does show, but it's when he's expressing his passion/loyalty for the Outlander now. I kind of like that. I also like how he didn't want Theron to be treated poorly for his choices. I headcanon he did not want the Outlander to give into his/her feelings of betrayal and hate and become what he did. I don't think a corrupted by the DS Outlander who was once LS would be something Arcann could handle well.

I liked the detail that as a child, Arcann seemed to be the more timid and gentle of the two brothers with Thexan as the bolder and more proactive one who was better at fighting. Of course it made it all the sadder when he killed his brother in rage since Thexan had kind of been his protector and guide his whole life.

I agree that an evil tyrant character would be horrible for poor redeemed Arcann. I get that they want to include more players but certain companions really don't make sense in a romance with certain character types and when the game first started if a companion didn't like you they wouldn't even talk to you let alone romance you but now that's gone and evil warmongers can romance peaceful and good companions, traitors can romance loyalists, etc...@_@ Oh well. It's weird but It doesn't really affect me.

My JC is made for Arcann because she doesn't hold non-Jedi to Jedi standards. She allowed Nadia to take justice over the Sith that killed her father, because she was NOT a Jedi yet, and my JC respected the Sakari justice system. She allowed the Voss to deal with Sofia the child-of-the-Emperor because Voss was independent of the Republic, it isn't the Jedi's place to interfere.

She accepts Arcann is Zakullian and not a Jedi. She doesn't hold him to her ideas of Light and Dark. He is who he is. She does believe in right and wrong and understands the path he wants to tread in his atonement. They're coming from entirely different backgrounds so unconditional acceptance of each other is vital.

Yay, activity and newcomers in here! :)

I liked the detail that as a child, Arcann seemed to be the more timid and gentle of the two brothers with Thexan as the bolder and more proactive one who was better at fighting. Of course it made it all the sadder when he killed his brother in rage since Thexan had kind of been his protector and guide his whole life.

I agree that an evil tyrant character would be horrible for poor redeemed Arcann. I get that they want to include more players but certain companions really don't make sense in a romance with certain character types and when the game first started if a companion didn't like you they wouldn't even talk to you let alone romance you but now that's gone and evil warmongers can romance peaceful and good companions, traitors can romance loyalists, etc...@_@ Oh well. It's weird but It doesn't really affect me.

I really like that interpretation. It makes sense that the more sensitive child - the one who yearned more for approval and took Valkorion's coldness more to heart - would turn into the more volatile man (I believe "volatile" is the precise word used to describe him in comparison to Thexan in the codex).

I would love it if all of the companions had a bit more of a say about who they romance! There are obvious reasons why it isn't so (such as time, resources and the desire to make everyone available to everyone), but it would go a long way to make them feel more like real people, if they were more or less attracted to the player based on actions and even class and race. That's also my only beef with the bisexual companions; I support more LGBT options in general, but as it is, it means that Arcann and the other bi romances never react to you specifically as a woman or man. That's a shame, I think. It would have been awesome if the dialogue and animations were slightly different for each gender.

I noticed many seem to pair him with the JC. I never really played a JK, but I'm trying it right now. She doesn't seem to work with Arcann for me. I see her falling for Theron.

I think Arcann can work well with all of the Force-sensitive classes, as long as they're light-side or neutral. Arcann/SW is quite appealing to me, if the SW was once a similarly dark and destructive person who has had change of heart and is now weighed down by her own regrets. There's a lot of potential for comfort and healing in that relationship.

Personally, I've paired him with my JK. In her class story, she seemed genuinely driven, almost to the point of obsession, to help the darksiders she encountered find their way back to the light (namely with Bengel and Praven), and she always expressed her belief in second chances. Moreover, the JK has been under Vitiate's control and suffered greatly for it, so I feel that would give her some unique insight into what Arcann and his siblings have gone through. Besides, I like to head canon that they practice lightsaber techniques together :)

I know it's popular to pair the JK with Theron, but that doesn't work at all for me. In the comic ("The Lost Suns") Theron says that Jedi make him uncomfortable because they remind him of everything he's not. I prefer to pair him with any of the non-Force users because of that.

Now I have to get my head back into this romance and get back to work... I've been distracted lately...
Get to work! Some of us are waiting impatiently ;) Your commission piece is lovely, by the way :)

Even though it's short and we probably wont get any more content with Arcann, I'm glad we got the romance.
I agree completely, of course, but at the same time I sometimes worry that we're not vocal enough about wanting more. I don't mean that we should be obnoxiously loud or spammy about it, but I want the devs to know that there is a real desire for more Arcann content (at least I assume there is). I know it's wise to be realistic and curb your expectations, but it does make me sad every time I see someone say that there probably won't ever be more. It comforts me a little that Boyd said in the latest interview that he recognised that romance is an important aspect of the game for many players and that there will be more romance content with returning companions (and Koth). Although he didn't mention Arcann by name, I really hope that also includes him.