Make Recruit Gear a Requirement to Queue

NDiggy

Recruit gear should not be a requirement to queue.

We do not know why a player doesn't have recruit gear. It could be:

They don't know it exists.

They aren't sure they want to PvP.

They don't have the credits.

They don't want to spend the credits.

I'm sure there are others. None of these are reasons to exclude someone from a warzone. And to be insulted because they come into 'your' warzone without recruit gear is the height of narcissism. If you are insulted it's because you want to be, not because they want to insult you. I haven't met anyone yet that builds an entire elaborate and nefarious plan to insult so-and-so by playing warzones without recruit gear. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Every person we run off by insulting them about the recruit gear issue lengthens the queue. We should be stewards of the PvP community. We should be about helping people want to play PvP. They are a good way towards shorter queues. Running them off is just cutting your own throat.

If you don't have gear in the zone I'm in...I DON'T....CARE...I'll help you if you want or need it. I'll let you do it your way if you want. Either way I'm happy you are on my team.

If you don't want to play with people without gear, make your own team. At least you'll know the insult was directed at you.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruit gear should not be a requirement to queue.

We do not know why a player doesn't have recruit gear. It could be:

I'm sure there are others. None of these are reasons to exclude someone from a warzone. And to be insulted because they come into 'your' warzone without recruit gear is the height of narcissism. If you are insulted it's because you want to be, not because they want to insult you. I haven't met anyone yet that builds an entire elaborate and nefarious plan to insult so-and-so by playing warzones without recruit gear. Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Every person we run off by insulting them about the recruit gear issue lengthens the queue. We should be stewards of the PvP community. We should be about helping people want to play PvP. They are a good way towards shorter queues. Running them off is just cutting your own throat.

If you don't have gear in the zone I'm in...I DON'T....CARE...I'll help you if you want or need it. I'll let you do it your way if you want. Either way I'm happy you are on my team.

If you don't want to play with people without gear, make your own team. At least you'll know the insult was directed at you.

DashaAidar For President (=QFT)

You are not saying the truth, or you completely ignored your companions or pvp equipment before.

When I hit 50 with my char, I cleared every planet except the final 2 (3 heroic quests) and I had not even enough credit´s to buy all abilities. So I just bought those for my tank spec, left the dps alone , didnt buy a vehicle or a "riding" skill, bought 1 recruit gear by credits and 3 by commendations.

I dont get how people can say 900k credits is what people get at 50, its just a lie. I did all space missions, made it to valor 25, did the bonus series, heroics, dungeons etc. still I was broke.

I never used the GNTN, the only gear I bought was the pvp stuff at 20 and 40 - still no credit´s.

You guys can insult others as much as you want, fact is we dont have those credits and as for me, I got a valor rank that I cant use for anything... why not let people buy gear with that rank? What is it for anyways?

Usually the guys with a ton of credits probably gathered stuff and sold them on GTNs because they do sell very well.

Without using GTN you'll usually have just enough to cover all your training, and probably not quite enough to cover the last speeder training. That said, there are a lot of skills you don't actually need to train in and they can save you a ton of money.

Even if they don't know it exists, which I doubt, putting a gear restriction on queuing for warzones would solve that issue. It would be nice though, if one of the PvP quests available once you hit level 50 sent you to the Recruit gear vendor and gave you one piece of gear upon completion.

And not wearing PvP gear is likely to make them not ever want to PvP again. PvP burst is bad enough with expertise gear, I can't imagine trying to PvP in the current environment without any expertise. Requiring Recruit gear is less likely to turn people away from PvP than not requiring it.

Credits are easily farmed it a couple hours. You don't jump right into OPs or Hardmode FPs as soon as you hit 50, why should PvP be any different? Having the gear is only going to make their PvP experience better. Spending a couple hours earning credits is a small price to pay to get into PvP. Pre-1.2 we all had to jump into PvP without gear and it was awful until you finished up your Champ set. I can't imagine anyone willingly trying to gimp themselves and their team in the current PvP environment when there is easily available PvP gear.

Probably the worst excuse you posted because it implies someone has the the credits and the knowledge of the Recruit set and still refuses to buy the set. They willingly gimp themselves and hurt their team due entirely to selfishness. This isn't an excuse.

The OP's attitude is actually making me quit playing.

I consider myself a skilled pvp-er.

I came back to the game 3 weeks ago and made a new alt and soloed, quested and warzoned to 50 and had fun.

When I finally reached 50 and joined some warzones I got a storm of tells from veteran 50 pvp-ers about my gear.

Cut me a freaking break, I just dinged 50 yesterday.

you're attitude is what is making you quit playing.

if you want to claim to be any kind of pvper, you should have had the full recruit set before you even dinged 50

at level 40 you get a quest from the pvp terminal on the fleet to go explore Outlaws Den.

within the Outlaws Den pvp zone boxes spawn.

those boxes drop 2-3k creds, 20 wz coms, AND RECRUIT PVP GEAR

you have 2 ways of obtaining recruit gear. one is to buy them at level 50 for a modest sum of credits.

the other is to spend a bit of time farming boxes.

however, you would rather be a parasite on your teammates and have them carry you for a week or more until you have BM because you are simply to cheap and lazy to gear yourself out beforehand.

1. ignorance has never been an acceptable excuse for anything.

2. shouldnt they have figured this one out around lvl 10? lvl 50 is a bit late to start looking at pvp.

3. recruit can be obtained for free for those to poor/cheap to buy it. farmed in the tatooine pvp zone

4. see 3.

Edited by kronomandar

It's also disrespectful to think that people who don't buy the recruit gear are actually trying to hurt their teammates... I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50. And keep in mind even if you waited 30 minutes to an hour to days, that person has waited JUST AS LONG AS YOU, and not only that, you were in the exact same boat as he or she was.

That person needs to stay out of the pvp queue until they get their recruit gear. Otherwise, they are willingly sabotaging their team.

First: I am the infamous backfill player. I am lvl 27 and found out about PvP gear last 2 weeks or so ago. Could not find the vendor, am not very interested. Cannot afford it after speeder training in any case, do not know who the vendor is for lvl 20 pvp gear if there is such a thing and the stats do not tempt me either.

The mantra is: Teach me, train me, give me advice. Unless the bigmouths who are too lazy to roll a RL d20 at the table top are willing to uplift us ignoramuses, SHUT IT. PvP is confusing enough as is, so DO your part guys and otherwise SOCKINITPUT. All I see is a lot of attitude in these forums. And before Bioware DM's take too deep a breath I have rarely seen such poor cookie cutter adventure design. Yes, I am a table top GM of some years experience. Journeyman class, but I know good game design when I see it. Talk to the guys from Obsidian, or better yet the original Planescape team. That was Computer PvE worth the name.

PM me, and if someone would get together a few NOOBS and drill us in the basics, whys and wherefores, I would be very grateful. The guilds do not really bother. In the meantime I will wear the Title that you mean as a swear word with pride. And hopefully rile those know it alls into mis-hitting their killer combos. When 20 percent of the damage does the job quite nicely already.

Could be worse. I did a Novare Coast the other day and a guy had 11k hp. I inspected him

He had:

-No recruit gear

-Most was late 30's to 40's greens

And the best part?

-His boots, chest, helm were all broken. 0 durability.

Ha ha ha, epic.

Question is, what did you say?

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

So you plan is to have LESS people queing? You should work for BW

This could be the very reason people don't want to pvp.

And please don't jump down my throat since I have no intention of ever pvping.

I have only found two people in all my years that I would ever consider pvp with and those are the ones that help people learn the ropes, etc instead of jumping down throats just because they have credits, etc and others dont.

bottom line is theres just not enough players to split the game into 2 factions of PvP vs PVE.

The more impediments there are to getting players to queue for pvp the less will queue. Make people buy a 350k set of gear (that sucks) just to be able to step foot in to a warzone... what a shatty idea.

so for 49 levels people play a mix of pvp and pve and then suddenly at 50 they MUST buy this gear or are useless? lol, such a poor system.

Small wonder the PvP queues are forever now, everyones left because the rules we are playing under simply suck. So now you expect those few who are left to buy junk blue gear just to play with you at 50? yeah. right.

Needless to say, expertise is the culprit, and all the other issues are mere symptoms of the disease.

The OP has two themes.

Theme one "it is bad to have to wait for PvP Warzones".

Theme two "Please limit the number of people queuing for warzones to those in Recruit gear or above".

IMHO,

I support ideas that increase the number of people pressing the button to play Warzones.

I'm not going to lie, when I hit 50 I had barely 80k left after buying my skills for my rotation... Recruit gear is pretty expensive for a freshly hit 50.

See this is one of the problems with the game. No one wants to work for anything.

When I hit 50 I bought half of my remaining skills running me over 100k and I was out of money. You know what I did? I did what you're supposed to do in an RPG. I went and farmed for 3 days, about 3hrs a day and managed to make 1.2 million creds in that time. It is insanely easy to make money in this game if you actually work for it.

I was already in orange gear. Before I started farming, I researched all the mods I could have crafted that would be equivalent to Centurion or better. I then scoured the GTN for mods I needed and wrote down all the crafters names. In between farming I then negotiated with all those crafters for the mods I need to be delivered COD, and also sent my companions on missions to get mats for items I could craft myself.

I walked out of farming after 3 days of my play time with 1.2 million creds, bought all my remaining skills, crafted my advanced hilts and advanced color crystals and paid for all COD armoring, enhancements, mods, ear piece, and implants and bought some augments.

What resulted was that I walked into lvl50 PvP with better gear that Centurion with the down side of being short expertise and then grinded out Champ.

This is pretty run of the mill in any MMO or even offline RPG. You occasionally just have to suck it up and walk away from what is most fun to farm. That's just how it goes.

After 1.2 this isn't even anywhere close to being as "difficult" as what I did. One can go out and farm for a third of the time I did and straight up purchase entry level PvP gear that is almost as good as Champ but with more expertise and better than Centurion was.

And if you straight up don't enjoy farming a Heroic for creds, there are other solutions. One can go back and do one single Bonus series and make anywhere from 100-300k depending on the planet. I would bet at level 50 you could role through about 3 planets worth of the level 30-45 Bonus Series missions which would be more enjoyable than straight up farming and make 400k+ creds to buy your starter set. To ding 50 and then complain about not having any money at that level in the game is just not an excuse considering the minimal amount of work required to get some good money for a quality starter set.

And I'm not jumping on any one person. I hear this complaint all the time, and I just can't imagine what game people are coming from where they consider getting money for gear in SWTOR as being hard.

See this is one of the problems with the game. No one wants to work for anything.

When I hit 50 I bought half of my remaining skills running me over 100k and I was out of money. You know what I did? I did what you're supposed to do in an RPG. I went and farmed for 3 days, about 3hrs a day and managed to make 1.2 million creds in that time. It is insanely easy to make money in this game if you actually work for it.

I was already in orange gear. Before I started farming, I researched all the mods I could have crafted that would be equivalent to Centurion or better. I then scoured the GTN for mods I needed and wrote down all the crafters names. In between farming I then negotiated with all those crafters for the mods I need to be delivered COD, and also sent my companions on missions to get mats for items I could craft myself.

I walked out of farming after 3 days of my play time with 1.2 million creds, bought all my remaining skills, crafted my advanced hilts and advanced color crystals and paid for all COD armoring, enhancements, mods, ear piece, and implants and bought some augments.

What resulted was that I walked into lvl50 PvP with better gear that Centurion with the down side of being short expertise and then grinded out Champ.

This is pretty run of the mill in any MMO or even offline RPG. You occasionally just have to suck it up and walk away from what is most fun to farm. That's just how it goes.

After 1.2 this isn't even anywhere close to being as "difficult" as what I did. One can go out and farm for a third of the time I did and straight up purchase entry level PvP gear that is almost as good as Champ but with more expertise and better than Centurion was.

And if you straight up don't enjoy farming a Heroic for creds, there are other solutions. One can go back and do one single Bonus series and make anywhere from 100-300k depending on the planet. I would bet at level 50 you could role through about 3 planets worth of the level 30-45 Bonus Series missions which would be more enjoyable than straight up farming and make 400k+ creds to buy your starter set. To ding 50 and then complain about not having any money at that level in the game is just not an excuse considering the minimal amount of work required to get some good money for a quality starter set.

And I'm not jumping on any one person. I hear this complaint all the time, and I just can't imagine what game people are coming from where they consider getting money for gear in SWTOR as being hard.

I agree and disagree.

When we did the farming at wow for frost gear, poison gear, shadow gear... that we did need for raiding, then we knew that we had to do this and we knew how. We went off with groups and did farm 2 hours in the evening so the guild could raid. Casuals gave less, hardcores more.

At tor this aint that easy I think. First of all do many people not know how and where - personally I did lvl my char and thought that the valor is something you buy gear with. I did also not know of expertise before, I thought defence is fine for tanks in pvp, as its on the gear and did work well until 50.

You know, players can only work for something if they do know that it exist´s and how to.

Today I read that pvp items drop, I couldnt try it yet but seriously how should people know this? The forum is full of crap by players that want a second wow, that you hardly get these informations.

I also dont have a guild or people in my F-list - so the informations are a bit dry regarding this.

I definately think that players that dont play all day / very often, that do only have 1 char, no guild etc. just dont know how to get all those credit´s or items.

People expect a bit too much, just because they do know it better.

I could explain you every encounter at vanilla and tbc as well, still I do know that hardly anyone would be able to understand it, as they did not raid there. People have a different knowledge about games and its content :)

Edited by RachelAnne

Its bad enough I have to wait 30 minutes to an hour just to get in a Warzone. But once I get in I get stuck with people who can't even be bothered to buy the Recruit set before they queue up for a WZ and then get steamrolled and are nothing but a liability to the team. Make it so you have to have at least the Recruit set before you can queue up for WZs.

How about just give everyone recruit gear that ques into a WZ. Then make valor really mean something by giving abilities or buffs based on it. That would still reward those that played a lot of PvP and stop the whining about under-geared pugs.

I think it would be a good idea (after some server merges) to implement at least two tiers to level 50 warzones, and they should be simply split by the amount of expertise a character got (at 1000 I would prefer). The ranked warzones also should have a minimum expertise level.

I think it would be a good idea (after some server merges) to implement at least two tiers to level 50 warzones, and they should be simply split by the amount of expertise a character got (at 1000 I would prefer). The ranked warzones also should have a minimum expertise level.

then people would just twink the hell out of it.

put some expertise up to 1000 and campaign it up the rest. it would be worse than it is now, actually.

for the rated, it shouldn't be much of an issue since people would probably premade it altogether. we still don't know whether rated will come with 8-man queue or not anyway.

Edited by Wesgile

then people would just twink the hell out of it.

put some expertise up to 1000 and campaign it up the rest. it would be worse than it is now, actually.

I've to admit, it's very likely some idiots would abuse this to steamroll new 50ies. Maybe it would work if characters with a valor rank above 60 would be blocked from the <1000 expertise tier.

Edited by BoMbY

let me first say hi ^_^. ok so ive been reading this thread and i have not seen one post from a forum admin . ok for those of you complaining about fresh 50s going into pvp without recruits ive only been playing one month and when i freshly hit 50 i had 2 battlemaster pieces and the rest was recruits when i went into the 50 PVP i got my face stomped into the ground why? because your not gonna scratch someone in full battlemasters especially war hero 50 PVP bracket is lil more than lauchable. they need filters for people with less than 50 valor coming in and cap it for twinkers add text to armor stating you have reach the maximum stat for this PVP match/bracket and force them to lower their stats of course there will be complaints but no one on the winning side complains when they steam roll a whole team of players IN recruits because their team has players in full battlemasters or 2 people with full war hero

Ignorance. It's what alot of society breeds. Just look at the most popular shows on TV. Half are full of people acting ignorant and stupid and getting paid for it. Sadly alot of people worship these kinds of people. It's like justifying idiots who talk on their cell phones in speaker mode like a walkie-talkie in crowded public areas...say a store. "oh but he pays his phone bill, pays taxes like everyone else...AND he's buying a candy bar...it's okay...let's all hear what his baby-mama has got to say". It's ignorant, inconsiderate, and rude. No different than not coming prepared to join a PVP match. You don't allow idiots in your dragon slaying raids with this gear right? Why is it automatically ok for PVP?

Could be worse. I did a Novare Coast the other day and a guy had 11k hp. I inspected him

He had:

-No recruit gear

-Most was late 30's to 40's greens

And the best part?

-His boots, chest, helm were all broken. 0 durability.

That's blatant ignorance. But of course someone will probably come in defending this behavior too...:rolleyes:

EDIT:

And for those who say "oh you have to make a premade if you don't like this behavior" Your argument is invalid til you can queue as a full 8 man premade. You cant control the 4 other derpsters that join with you.

Instead of saying that eveyrone is ignorant, why dont you take the time to look at the situation in different perspectives. Such as, a new player whether its in general or to MMOs. Or they are a young kid. Maybe it was their first time playing PVP.

The difference between Ops and PVP, is you actually do have a say in who you do an Ops with. PVP, you dont. I have a saying that is applicable to the situation "It is easier to change yourself, than it is to change another". Just accept the fact that you have a weaker player. Because guess what, even if you have everyone in Recruit Gear, you will always have bad players. Are you going to cry then that people need to stop being ignorant and learn their class and know how to counter other classes?

When we did the farming at wow for frost gear, poison gear, shadow gear... that we did need for raiding, then we knew that we had to do this and we knew how.

Respectfully, I think you are confusing cred farming and gear farming. Something like trying to farm Rakata requires a group, knowing what to do and specific action. And maybe those things and how to gear for PvP need more direction.

However, cred farming is not something that should be handed to you. Players should invest time figuring out the best ways to farm credits not directed to this. At 50 you can easily enter a level 40 Heroic 4, kill all the elite mobs grab their loot and chest loot, exit, reset, and go again. This is legit cred farming as stated by the dev team. Sell your greens and put your reds and purples on the GTN. Others may find a market segment within crafting. Earning money is not and should not be something that BW explains to a player how to do.

Easy peasy!

How about just give everyone recruit gear that ques into a WZ. Then make valor really mean something by giving abilities or buffs based on it. That would still reward those that played a lot of PvP and stop the whining about under-geared pugs.

The people would just complain about the higher level players having access to things they do not. It's the theme around here, people cried that BM gear cost too much and that the valor grind was too much, so Bioware started handing out Warzone Comms and Valor ranks like Candy.

Then people STILL complained, so Bioware comes out with the Recruit set, removed valor restrictions from gear etc... etc... and people are STILL complaining. Now the gear is too expensive or still doesn't give them that easymode that they require. When my Sage hit 50, It took me about 1 day to get enough credits for the Recruit set, it's not difficult for crying out loud.

Seriously GO AWAY, these people that have been on this crusade to get gear handed to them and things made so easy that they don't have to try as hard are contributing to the downfall of this game and boy are they doing a good job, forcing Bioware to make stupid changes which in turn drives people away in there droves.

Edited by Archaar