Bradley Cooper May Be Cast As Han Solo's Son

Selorian

I'd be ok with Cooper in that role. All though like someone else said he should be a non force user... a strict younger version of Han. He'd be good playing that cocky yet likeable guy with the big smile... has worked for him before. All though still kinda hard to imagine the nerdy guy from Alias being as popular as he is now lol.

well we don't know who he would play if he is Han Solo's son. To assume he would be Jacen solo is a bit premature at this point as we don't even know if they will do the Solo twins. There is no real reason to really think that they would

We know it's going to take place about 40 years after ROTJ and it is NOT based on any existing EU story.

In the EU 40 years after ROTJ both Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo are both dead.

well we don't know who he would play if he is Han Solo's son. To assume he would be Jacen solo is a bit premature at this point as we don't even know if they will do the Solo twins. There is no real reason to really think that they would

We know it's going to take place about 40 years after ROTJ and it is NOT based on any existing EU story.

In the EU 40 years after ROTJ both Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo are both dead.

Didn't say anything about him being Jacen or Anakin. They aren't going to follow the EU stories. At best they pick a few character names and similarities and plug them in the movies as some geek easter eggs.

When I think of characters like what Cooper would be playing it's as original characters no one has seen before.

Didn't say anything about him being Jacen or Anakin. They aren't going to follow the EU stories. At best they pick a few character names and similarities and plug them in the movies as some geek easter eggs.

When I think of characters like what Cooper would be playing it's as original characters no one has seen before.

After reading Fate of the Jedi, I can't see how anyone would think they AREN'T using the EU. Fate of the Jedi re-aligned the entire storyline for modern Star Wars into something more similar to the Old Republic. This opens so many plot options.

The EU is a FANTASTIC revenue source with a pre-built fan base. Disney won't throw that way. I've spent more on purchasing the Audiobooks than I have on DVDs and BluRays. We have to view this pragmatically.

They don't have to use the EU to respect the EU. They can tell a NEW story with barely a reference to it and still follow it.

• 3 weeks later...
The EU is a FANTASTIC revenue source with a pre-built fan base. Disney won't throw that way.

Of course they will.

The prequel trilogy was unmitigated trash, yet it still raked in money. Hardcore Star Wars fans have eaten up eighteen-odd clones of the Emperor, Darth Maul not actually dying when clearly killed by Obi-Wan, Boba Fett surviving the sarlacc, etc. This is a fanbase that will buy anything, no matter how absurd, as long as it involves their favorite whatever.

However, it is true and confirmed that Episode 7 will not follow an existing story in the EU. Unless Episode 7 somehow happens before Jacen Solo dies, I would say this rumor is false.

If Ep 7 doesn't follow any existing EU story then who is to say that Jacen, Jaina, or Anakin Solo will even exist? The movies were always canon, obviously, so if LF decides to give Han and Leia one child instead of 3 and name him Bart, then that's the way it is. A lot of the EU is screwed up since the prequels were released, proving that Lucas has the final say in the SW universe.

As for Bradley Cooper being in a SW movie, that would be a deal breaker for me.

If Ep 7 doesn't follow any existing EU story then who is to say that Jacen, Jaina, or Anakin Solo will even exist? The movies were always canon, obviously, so if LF decides to give Han and Leia one child instead of 3 and name him Bart, then that's the way it is. A lot of the EU is screwed up since the prequels were released, proving that Lucas has the final say in the SW universe.

Lucas has always been quite clear that only what he says/appears in the movies is the 'True Story' of the Star Wars Universe.

Events in the EU might be true, they might be a generally accepted view of what happened, but they're not fact until they appear in his own canon. In the case of contradiction there is no debate, anything in the EU is null and void if he says/shows something different. Presumably that authority now sits with Disney.

Lucas has always been quite clear that only what he says/appears in the movies is the 'True Story' of the Star Wars Universe.

Events in the EU might be true, they might be a generally accepted view of what happened, but they're not fact until they appear in his own canon. In the case of contradiction there is no debate, anything in the EU is null and void if he says/shows something different. Presumably that authority now sits with Disney.

Any reason why you chose to repeat what I just said? There was no reason to quote my post only to say the same thing in yours.

Is this about the SGR toggle thread? This is harrassment...

Get off my d*ck already!

Any reason why you chose to repeat what I just said? There was no reason to quote my post only to say the same thing in yours.

Is this about the SGR toggle thread? This is harrassment...

Get off my d*ck already!

:rolleyes:

I was responding because you said that the PT "proved" that George Lucas had the final say in SW, more generally to the people who seem to think there is some kind of debate as to the precedence of the EU.

So, I was actually just backing up your argument.

Edited by jovianus

"I'm sick of these mf'n Sith hiding in this mf'n galaxy!"-Mace speaking to yoda during a late night council meeting :D Lmao

Even if they don't follow the eu, I expect they'll keep tha basics. Han & Leia get married,have The twins & Anakin. Luke & Mara have been, & Lando & Tendra have chicane. & since its Disney, I won't be surprised when I see Leo Howard from kicking it as Jacen, Selena Gomez as Janna, & Anakin played by Ferb....

"I'm sick of these mf'n Sith hiding in this mf'n galaxy!"-Mace speaking to yoda during a late night council meeting :D Lmao

Even if they don't follow the eu, I expect they'll keep tha basics. Han & Leia get married,have The twins & Anakin. Luke & Mara have been, & Lando & Tendra have chicane. & since its Disney, I won't be surprised when I see Leo Howard from kicking it as Jacen, Selena Gomez as Janna, & Anakin played by Ferb....

You(not quoted poster specificly) either have children or ar a child yourself if you recognize any of those names. I recognized them all. Well played sir.