Next Stronghold Update Suggestion

Koichi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see "sound" hooks in order to add ambient sounds to rooms such as office noise, medical background, workshop noise, chanting, etc. Right now the sound environments are pretty lifeless except for fabrication droid noises. Sound hooks could really help to bring some of these areas to life.

And I agree with an earlier comment. Personnel that were DOING something would be great. Sitting, working, conversing, etc. The dancing personnel have never really done anything for me.

My choices for a new stronghold would be:

1. Rishi- Beach, pirate location... My agent would move there in a heartbeat!
  2. Manaan- Love the water
  3. Voss- the fall colours and the design would be beautiful... BUT it'd have to be lag free
  4. Korriban/Tython- Why not? I could see Sith Lords or Jedi making their home by those worlds permanently

I like the idea of voss but alderran looks like the best candidate as it is a good planet that a lot of people visit (sometimes even if not for quests) and it has a spaceport for both factions.

A stronghold on a planet without a spaceport has been unheard of.

with the greatest respect I think the next stronghold will be the new planet. coming around 3.2 am not saying it will happen around 3.2 but its gotta be new to the player base

Why would they put on the planet ziost, when the player base had been asking for worlds like Alderaan and Hoth fire a long tone?

Most likely it will be an existing planet since they have probably been working on it for awhile and probably already decided on what planet it would be.

Even though Rishi and Maanan would be nice I don't see that happening at least this time and as far as Ziost I don't think so as that planet hasn't been released yet so I seriously doubt it would a planet that is not in game yet.

I imagine the housing would take a bit of work to code and design which is why I believe it will be an existing planet and one that has been in game for a bit.

1. Korriban/Tython- Why not? I could see Sith Lords or Jedi making their home by those worlds permanently

I would live to see Tython as a stronghold! I would be able to go out into my balcony and NOT see a vast cityscape, but a peacefull, tranquil landscape.

And the best bit is as they are on starter worlds so they would only cost 1-10K! But they may be a bit small

However if there was a vote, I would go with tython / Korriban!

I would live to see Tython as a stronghold! I would be able to go out into my balcony and NOT see a vast cityscape, but a peacefull, tranquil landscape.

And the best bit is as they are on starter worlds so they would only cost 1-10K! But they may be a bit small

However if there was a vote, I would go with tython / Korriban!

Exactly!!!! And like for Korriban I'm sure many purebloods would go back to where their ancestors lived and make it their permanent home... Overseers have to live somewhere.

I like the idea of Manaan, I picture kind of like the Nar Shadaa sky palace but only floating on the ocean surface but have the model/floor plan flipped upside down so instead of glass ceilings with a view of a Vegas skyline you'd see sea creatures and stuff swimming below you.

Alderaan is not "exotic" enough IMO. What would it be? A mountain fortress with alpine theme? Besides it's more of a republic world and not really faction neutral. The mountain view would be very scenic no doubt. I'd feel more like I was in a ski lodge than Star Wars.

Hoth would be exotic in feel but not very scenic. Maybe if there were an underground cavern that opened into a hot springs or something.

I like the idea of Manaan, I picture kind of like the Nar Shadaa sky palace but only floating on the ocean surface but have the model/floor plan flipped upside down so instead of glass ceilings with a view of a Vegas skyline you'd see sea creatures and stuff swimming below you.

Alderaan is not "exotic" enough IMO. What would it be? A mountain fortress with alpine theme? Besides it's more of a republic world and not really faction neutral. The mountain view would be very scenic no doubt. I'd feel more like I was in a ski lodge than Star Wars.

Hoth would be exotic in feel but not very scenic. Maybe if there were an underground cavern that opened into a hot springs or something.

Manaan and Rishi have really great art, so those would be great locations.

But since Manaan doesn't really have much presence except a flashpoint entrance, it probably won't be a target--unless that isn't a metric the team uses to determine stronghold locations?

But a Hoth stronghold with a similar feel to the Episode V rebel base layout would be my highest vote, because of the nostalgia factor.

The trick with a Hoth base would be to make sure there are still some cool open spaces in addition to the small tunnels and rooms. For example, you would definitely need to include the docking bay(s) and probably the area just outside the main doors, probably with a large shield generator in the background. (Maybe that is a hook instead of static art? Not sure which would be better.)

And there would have to be a secret Wampa room for all you behind-the-scenes fans. That would naturally lead into the need for a Wampa decoration.

1. It will be a planet that both factions can access.

2. It will be an already existing planet.

3. It will be hilariously expensive and cost Cartel Coins.

Why? Simple.

I learned a long time ago that EA likes to cut expenses, so it will be a stronghold that will look similar to both factions, so placed on a planet that both factions can access. We are talking about Taris, Balmorra, Manaan, Voss, Rishi, Corellia and so on.

Rishi is an interesting option, as it would force players to buy SoR to get the SH, which is like something EA might do. I don't think it will be Balmorra, Taris or Corellia, as those worlds are heavily damaged by raging war. As big as the group of players wanting a war torn SH might be, the majority of the community won't like it. It also puts Alderaan under question mark. Manaan is a tricky one, as it's just a FP planet. I can imagine a SH there, but developing it would be hard, as the ammount of models available for this planet is very low, which would result in a lot of work with the new SH. Makeb is plot related, so I won't write more about it. Voss and Yavin are both an oportunity, with the later having the upper hand due to SoR required. Although I cannot imagine the nature of a Yavin SH, an old jedi/sith temple perhaps?

That would put Rishi and Voss on the top places for the upcomming SH. Both have an interesting art background as well as a reason for both Empire and Republic presence. Honestly I am curious where the new home will be. I jsut hope they won't make it overpriced the way Tatooine is.