Gear Drop in the two new Operations 2.4

that makes no sense top end guilds should be doing NIM ops not HM

teams able to do NIM content just got their new content and gear [and exclusive titles and exclusive mounts and exclusive secret bosses... yeah I'm bitter at how much they get pandered too being less then 1%] a couple months back and most haven't cleared that. for teams clearing / farming HM still there hasn't been new content since 2.0

I feel if your team is in full 75's you should be getting your challenge from NIM TFB / SNV until NIM DF / DP comes out and then chase a new tier of NIM gear, teams in full 75's should not be looking to the HM of the new ops for their top end challenges and teams farming HM TFB / SNV should not be gated from HM DF / DP by gear because they can not clear NIM to get full 75's and be forced to farm SM DF / DP for 69's when they are already in full 72's and the same for SM DF / DP should not be gated by 72 gear for SM guilds that are in mainly 69's still :rak_02:

this whole ops progression just seems very unusual, im afraid that come 2.4 average guilds are going to be extremely bored with the new SM ops and the top end guilds are going to be extremely disappointed with the HM, then there will be no one happy left in the game :D

At this point, I don't care if I'm grinding easymode HMs for gear. I just want to stop running TFB (which everyone in our guild is absolutely sick of at this point) and S&V (which we're also sick of, just not quite as badly as we're sick of TFB). I just want to do some new content :|

I actually pugged NiM TFB this week because we left our lockout to rot. The only reason I keep going is that my sniper needs the 2hour title (have it on my sorc, then I LOLSWITCHEDMAINS, bleh) along with relic, and boots for the 75 enhancement. I'd never run it again otherwise, not even for a chance at the mount (which I've yet to even see drop, btw >_< )

Edited by Arenatah

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This.

4/5'd HM the other day with one tank in 69's, me in 72's and the other pug dps was probably not in 75's either. While the other 5 in the group were mostly in 75's I feel this op is more balanced towards verpine/augmented arkanian, you probably don't even need min/maxed underworld to pull it off.

I'd agree with you on the first 4 bosses, you could pull it off in 72's no prob maybe even a bit less. However the last boss throws that all out the window. The healing and dps check on the last boss is extremely tight, You can probably pull it off with a really good group in min maxed 72 gear but for most groups that boss will be impossible without fully min maxed 75 gear. I don't think that boss will stay as is but if it does its going to be a huge road block for a lot of teams. That being said I hope they don't change it, it will be a good challenge for a lot of guilds for a little while.

I'd agree with you on the first 4 bosses, you could pull it off in 72's no prob maybe even a bit less. However the last boss throws that all out the window. The healing and dps check on the last boss is extremely tight, You can probably pull it off with a really good group in min maxed 72 gear but for most groups that boss will be impossible without fully min maxed 75 gear. I don't think that boss will stay as is but if it does its going to be a huge road block for a lot of teams. That being said I hope they don't change it, it will be a good challenge for a lot of guilds for a little while.

Same. As long as that roadblock is at the last boss (or at least in the 2nd half of the ops), that's perfectly fine.

Lots of assumptions/educated guesses but

If the final boss proves to be too much for full 72's then as it is the last boss I don't see that as a massive issue. You will still have the first four bosses of this op to get 78's to help out and if you were struggling in the NiM raids pre 2.4 then those 78's should help get some 75's to maybe push you over the edge to get the boss down.

In addition if the above proves true then it starts to open up the NiM raids for those who previously couldn't do it giving them new content while still allowing them to meaningfully improve gear and improve till they kill it (Brontes). The second point of this is that it also means the NiM guilds have something to overcome (at least for a little while).

In addition with two ops comming then thats another source of 78's to farm to maybe make Brontes less of the DPS/healing check.

Edited by Lacedemon

• 3 weeks later...
You're missing a fundamental part of MMOs...the carrot on the stick. There *has* to be better loot in the new operation for even the most dedicated of PvEers to stick around. Now maybe it's a 76 tier that has +2/3 to stats, but it's got to be something, otherwise it'll be worthless content. If you're arguing that players that couldn't complete NiM shouldn't ever get anything above 75...well that's just how MMOs work and everyone knows that loot only lasts so long.

You're missing a fundamental part of MMOs...the carrot on the stick. There *has* to be better loot in the new operation for even the most dedicated of PvEers to stick around. Now maybe it's a 76 tier that has +2/3 to stats, but it's got to be something, otherwise it'll be worthless content. If you're arguing that players that couldn't complete NiM shouldn't ever get anything above 75...well that's just how MMOs work and everyone knows that loot only lasts so long.

i have to agree with you here 100%. even though i would like gear from NIM TFB and S&V be better then new ops HM modes it make sense for it to be better. As you said you either get old ops less attractive or new ones waste of time .... so i guess it makes more sense to make new ops more appealing thru new and better loot.

I see where you're coming from.

On the other hand the better the gear, the harder it should be to earn. That's a key factor to long term player motivation...

The new OPs HC are a bit easier than TfB/S&V NiM (Also not as much easier as doing TfB and S&V HC was compared to doing EC NiM in 63s...)

My only issue is with the timing of the content releases. Don't get me wrong, new content is great. It just seems a bit off that we had to wait so long between HM before NiM came out, and then we get new ops so soon after, trivializes NiM TFB/SnV from a gear perspective.

It would be nice if the spacing were a little more consistent to give groups more time to fully experience each tier. We don't want to wait 6 months for the NiM Oricon ops to come out, only to have a whole new tier of ops come out two months after that.

That all being said, I can't wait to get in these HM's next week!

i can understand that BW doesnt want people banging their heads against the same op difficulty for more than X amount of months. my guild has been 4/5 and 6/7 on Nim ops for a couple months now, while other guilds have had tfb nim on farm since week 2. now that the new op is coming out i doubt we will even be trying to get 5/5 and 7/7 in nim, until new hm is on farm. by that point we will outgear old nim content and downing it wont be an acheivement, much like downing nim ec after hitting lvl 55.