Bolstering is fine. Lack of Tiers/Brackets is NOT.

Mortal_Sword

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to think. Either half of you people are lying, or you are stone-cold insane.

There is no fair fight between a level 50 and someone less than half their level. Period. End of story. They have too many resources at their command, between high level abilities and talent specs. If you've played at level 50 and you feel you're evenly matched with a level 11 character, then you are the worst PvP player ever.

I have had higher levels fight me one on one in Warzones, a couple of times they would even just stand there for several moments while I slowly whittled away their hit points only to stun me and then destroy me in moments without effort. Between that, and how impossible it is to face an entire team of the same, I will not be participating in Warzones until I reach 50.

Go ahead and call me a terribad, but I think

On a secondary note, I'm curious what you people really think is wrong with cross-server Warzones?

I hear all the time that it will destroy the community of a server, but I have to ask, what are you talking about? Are you talking about World of Warcraft? World of Warcraft never had communities. EverQuest had communities. Star Wars Galaxies had communities. I made it all the way through three or so years of World of Warcraft, and I never once made a friend online.

I think you're delusional if you think there's ever going to be a community, personally. So far the only thing having a single server Warzone community has given me is a burning hatred for "Brobafett." Seriously, I want to tear his nametag off and beat him to death with it.

Listen to reason, Bioware. Make Warzones worth playing again, regardless of level.

Post isn't about enhancing your "elite PVP" experience, it is about enhancing and removing the detriment for lower level and casual players. Just as PVE content should have an endgame, where we wouldn't expect a level 15 to go, PVP should as well.

Unless you prefer to have easy pickings. Bro.

Let me say it again, the warzone objectives are much broader then just kill the other guy. And with the current bolster system anyone can compete at obtaining the objectives of every warzone. No one is easy pickins simply because of level, you might be easy pickins to me even when we are both 50 simply because I am a better player. Not saying I am, I'm just saying that most ppl QQ about the non brackets are in general not very good at pvp. Do you use Keybinds? Do you move with the mouse not keyboard? Do you have a fast reaction time? I am only level 21 and have killed level 50's 1v1 simply because I could run behind them and they moved like a bump on a log, that's easy pickins for me and I'm sure they are now QQin about the bolster system...... Trust me, get better at pvp and your tone will change...

Edit: maybe what you all really need is a noob bracket, as in a bracket for ppl who keyboard turn and click abilities....

Edited by Irishbrewed

What SWTOR's PvP system makes quite obvious is that people who are bad at PvP can't rely on their gear or level to win the game for them. Conversely, it also means people who are good at PvP don't need either to win. Kind of funny, really.

What SWTOR's PvP system makes quite obvious is that people who are bad at PvP can't rely on their gear or level to win the game for them. Conversely, it also means people who are good at PvP don't need either to win. Kind of funny, really.

Just like any other game....only in an arena environment is gear a priority to own....

Anyone that says a level 10 has a chance vs a level 50 if they have better skill is flat out lying. Hell, instead of 50 let's go with level 40 so one person can max out a skill tree.

Let's use a smuggler gunsliner vs gunslinger for arguments sake and take a look at what the level 40 person would have vs the level 10.

Level 40 guy would get...

6% more dmg on charge burst

3% more accuracy

Aimed shot ignores 20% armor

Entering cover absorbs 30% of the dmg of the next 3 attacks

Charged burst and speed shot shot crits reduce cast time of aimed shot by 1 second

A move that reduces accuracy by 45%

100% chance to make next charged burst instant when entering cover

+1 energy rate regen when in cover

+4% crit chance for charged burst and speed shot

Trick shot

+30% dmg on crits on speed shot quick shot and trick shot

And finally, the rapid fire ability.

Even when you ignore pvp gear and the skills they'd learn by leveling up and just look at the talents, the level 10 guy has a huge uphill battle vs the level 40 guy. Telling people otherwise is just a flat out lie and it shows that you don't care about balance and only care about wiping the floor with other players. Simple as that.

Honestly they should probably start by having a 10-19 bracket then leave the rest alone.

Most of your points of view are from a level 10 walking into a warzone and fighting a 50, of course they will be stomped and largely useless. PvP at the moment is really all about stuns and knock-backs, which most people won't have the skills for at that point. Once you get to 20 you start to notice you stand a bit more chance against 50s, and in your 30s you can fight them almost head on.

I've seen plenty of level 20s be great help at winning through the use of stealth, healing, protection, but level 11s? Fodder..

Anyone that says a level 10 has a chance vs a level 50 if they have better skill is flat out lying. Hell, instead of 50 let's go with level 40 so one person can max out a skill tree.

[Cutting the rest as irrelevant]

Telling people otherwise is just a flat out lie and it shows that you don't care about balance and only care about wiping the floor with other players. Simple as that.

Noone is saying a lvl 10 vs a lvl 50 has more than a minimal chance in a straight up fight. What people are telling you is not to seek a straight up fight with a higher lvl player. WZs are not about kills. I've won a void star where the other side had an average of 50 kills against our side's average of 10 kills. Made my day.

This isn't SW: Duels in the Old Republic where BW make a personal promise to anyone to find a backpeddler bad enough for them to kill.

Don't get me wrong: balance at lvl 50 is a concern and it's a no brainer that pvp should be fun for as many people as possible. But whilst there are lower and higher lvl players on both sides, the fact that you don't have an equal chance against any one of your opponents is irrelevant imo. I'd rather pvp my way to 50 than wait hours for a WZ to pop because BW's algorithm is busy finding equal lvl opponents with comparable backpeddling and ability-clicker ratings.

This is too funny.

If they had brackets and took them away there'd be even MORE complaining that low levels are getting destroyed.

Really should just stop.

This game has carebear pvp anyways; just queue up and screw around. Who cares if you win...still get XP, Cred, Valor, Commendations (not as much as winning, but pfft).

Noone is saying a lvl 10 vs a lvl 50 has more than a minimal chance in a straight up fight. What people are telling you is not to seek a straight up fight with a higher lvl player. WZs are not about kills. I've won a void star where the other side had an average of 50 kills against our side's average of 10 kills. Made my day.

This isn't SW: Duels in the Old Republic where BW make a personal promise to anyone to find a backpeddler bad enough for them to kill.

Don't get me wrong: balance at lvl 50 is a concern and it's a no brainer that pvp should be fun for as many people as possible. But whilst there are lower and higher lvl players on both sides, the fact that you don't have an equal chance against any one of your opponents is irrelevant imo. I'd rather pvp my way to 50 than wait hours for a WZ to pop because BW's algorithm is busy finding equal lvl opponents with comparable backpeddling and ability-clicker ratings.

You're right, the pvp in this game is mission based.

But let's say that level 10 guy is the only defending a node (happens a lot on republic side on my server) and the level 40 guy goes there. The node is automatically going to go to the level 40 guy because he will destroy the level 10. If it were a level 10 vs a level 19 guy it'd be more of a match and the 10 guy would have a chance. But in the current system it's pretty much over before it begins.

While I agree that in the warzones you shouldn't try to be by yourself, but what should that guy do? Just leave the node and run with the rest of the team and leave the place undefended?

here's my 2 cents

right now the system is fine. people are levelling, and level 50's in warzones are definitely the exception not te standard. as a 25 sage I'm in the middle, and I can still be competitive ('m almost always #1 healing and in the top 5 on my team for damage) even though being at a slight disadvantage.

problem is, once I'm level 50 (and my friends) and in full gear. it's really not gonna be fun to just stomp level 16's all day

hopefully they implement some some of level 50 pvp warzone, or arena, or planet or something

I'd like to mix stuff up with a little PvP now and then, but I can't. Rather, doing so would be detrimental my mental health. It's simply not fun participating in a one-sided stomp fest because either my side or the enemy's has several 30-40s or higher, and the other has many who are below 20. This morning, I played three matches with three players sub-20 on my side (the rest 20-30, save me, 34) while the opposing team consisted of three 40+ and the rest were 30-40 with one sub-30.

It didn't help that while our team was balanced, the enemy was composed of six Inquisitors (oh boy i love inquisitors) but the primary issue was still that lower-leveled characters are just not competitive with people who have 10, 20, or even more levels on top of them, no matter the amount of bolstering they receive. They lack a host of abilities, the talent points that make what they do have useful, and secondary stats like all the ________ Ratings which don't seem to scale well with Bolstering.

The people in this thread who're saying that any complaint about the PvP system is the result of unskilled babies whining about how they're bad should roll up some level 10-20s and go PvP in matches where they face multiple 40+ opponents, with only one or fewer on their side. Tell us how effective you are in a fight against them.

I'm pretty sure a eight highly competent PvPers playing level 20s would get stomped pretty fiercely by eight level 40-50s, even if the latter were keyboard turners and button clickers.

Tiers are needed. I don't care for queue times if there's a high chance the game I get into within 10 minutes under the current system is a one-sided slaughter.

If they move to brackets I'd like to see 10-29, 30-49, 50.

I've been doing my Warzones since 10, am still only 19 and honestly players in the mid-high 20s are no problem at all. The game changes pretty substantially post 30, both in abilities and the availability of PvP gear. Then again at 50 the game is obviously different (end game is always different). I do not think more tiers than this are necessary and they'd be bound to lead to queue times (which would be a new thing for people to complain about). The current situation of all groups warzoning together though really isn't cute. Its functional, a 10-20 can beat a 40-50 but it is neither even nor really reasonable. Since the whole warzone focus is on theoretically leveling the playing field it would be a positive step creating these brackets.

Let me say it again, the warzone objectives are much broader then just kill the other guy. And with the current bolster system anyone can compete at obtaining the objectives of every warzone. No one is easy pickins simply because of level, you might be easy pickins to me even when we are both 50 simply because I am a better player. Not saying I am, I'm just saying that most ppl QQ about the non brackets are in general not very good at pvp. Do you use Keybinds? Do you move with the mouse not keyboard? Do you have a fast reaction time? I am only level 21 and have killed level 50's 1v1 simply because I could run behind them and they moved like a bump on a log, that's easy pickins for me and I'm sure they are now QQin about the bolster system...... Trust me, get better at pvp and your tone will change...

Edit: maybe what you all really need is a noob bracket, as in a bracket for ppl who keyboard turn and click abilities....

When you have maxed out your talent tree, your abilities do more (+%, etc) damage, trigger special benefits, have reduced resource requirements and have reduced cooldowns. Many of the objectives in the current warzones require you to fight on a capture point to secure it. When you are a low level character and you are trying to team battle higher level characters, you are undisputably behind from the get go.

Playskill is very important. I'm not going to argue against it. It is not however a "fair playing field" when my (or your) character has more abilities, that do more damage, or more CC, with reduced resource requirements and reduced cooldowns. This issue is exasperated when you start queue'ing groups of high levels together.

BTW, please stow your elitist ranting about keyboard turning and clicking. We get it, you macro and that makes you uber. Get over yourself for a few minutes and realize that there needs to be a logical progression to PVP, not just throwing everyone to the wolves from the get go. Players of your experience and caliber should be realizing that you'd have a healthier and more competitive environment if you were paired against opponents on the same level as you. Stop assuming everyone who disagrees with the current method is bad, I'm telling you they are not. I've downed people ten levels or more above me, but I can tell you I know the difference. Half the time I can tell that someone is higher level just by how hard they hit. It's a mathematical fact that with talent trees, higher stats, etc, you will do more damage, or heal more efficiently for more, or have higher mitigation and avoidance, or have more CC.

If your idea of a good time is to roll people twenty levels lower than you, you are bad.

Just came from a WZ.

lvl 50 Sorc had #1 dmg, #1 kills, and only 3 deaths

Bolster working as intended..lolololololol

But like I said, don't care until they add Vote-to-kick-AFKers; then I'll care ;)

Between level 23 and 27 I've routinely had games of 26-40 kills, 1-8 deaths. Also been routinely in the top 3 in dps. I've not been the highest level in the game by far.

What will your complaint be when you're rolled by someone not that much higher than you? Imbalancing? Cheats? Better start thinking of stuff now so you have a list ready to ramble off.

Between level 23 and 27 I've routinely had games of 26-40 kills, 1-8 deaths. Also been routinely in the top 3 in dps. I've not been the highest level in the game by far.

What will your complaint be when you're rolled by someone not that much higher than you? Imbalancing? Cheats? Better start thinking of stuff now so you have a list ready to ramble off.

I pointed out that a lvl 50 topped all the categories for a DPSer.

And I suck at pvp, which is annoying because it's about the only thing I love in games (I quit LoTRO because there was no PVP, I almost quit WoW 3months in because I rolled PVE [wanted to learn the game; then roll PVP]).

What I am saying is. Level 50, watch out lowbies in PVP; because I will target you; I will make you scream; you will be posting here....(to steal a line, and modify it) the Force didn't choose me for my kindness! :jawa_evil:

I've pretty much given up on pvp until I reach higher levels, due to being behind the leveling curve (mainly due to server queue times). I like the idea of no brackets, however personally I'd prefer longer warzone wait times if it meant waiting for a group of players on both sides closer to my level. Maybe an option when you queue for a warzone - choose short/medium/long based on how long you are willing to wait for an optimum group.

As stated before the warzones are object based. If you are worried about being able to 1 v 1 in any of the warzones then you my friend are doing it wrong.

In Alderaan all you have to do is survive long enough to hold the nodes until the game is won. You are not supposed to be able to just kill any 1 or more players that comes along to attack it.

In voidstar, the objective is to keep ppl off of the doors or keep ppl away from the doors. You do not need to be able to 1 v 1.

Huttball, if you can survive long enough to get down the track 20 meters, pass the ball to the next guy, etc... thats it all that matters.

Where 1 v 1 pvp matters is in world pvp which is where the bolster doesnt exist and crying about losing to a player alot higher then you is just consider whining about being ganked...

You're right, the pvp in this game is mission based.

But let's say that level 10 guy is the only defending a node (happens a lot on republic side on my server) and the level 40 guy goes there. The node is automatically going to go to the level 40 guy because he will destroy the level 10. If it were a level 10 vs a level 19 guy it'd be more of a match and the 10 guy would have a chance. But in the current system it's pretty much over before it begins.

While I agree that in the warzones you shouldn't try to be by yourself, but what should that guy do? Just leave the node and run with the rest of the team and leave the place undefended?

Bold part: Then you and your team are playing poorly by leaving a sole level 10 player by themselves at a node. Additionally, if you are by yourself, you can call for back up and aggressively attack that high level character trying to kite him away from the objective. This buys your team more time to come in and save the day (and yourself more time to return on a side-speeder to break the cap).

Anecdotal Evidence: Yesterday on my level 22 Vanguard, I successfully held a side node in Alderaan by myself, for 2 minutes before my team could shift over and help, against 2 level 50 players (Juggernaut and Powertech). You know how I did that? Incendiary Round each of them (18 second DoT), die, take side speeder, DoT them again, repeat. They never captured the node, and I ended the game with about 8000 Objective points.

Edited by Kryptorchid