Darth Malgus vs Darth Sideous

Galvetyce

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? I mean seriously? Is this for real?

Sidious takes it with ease. Malgus is no match for the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist.

Getting insanely sick of hearing that.

If anyone DARES to put another Sith/Jedi against Sidious someone instantly has to jump and say;

"OH WELL SIDIOUS WINS BECAUSE HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL SITH EVER LOL, CANON SAYS HE IS, SO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

His power is being so exaggerated, it's annoying. (Making Maul beg to Sidious in the Clone Wars, for example. COMPLETELY out of character and unnecessary.)

Yeah okay, he's powerful, WE GET IT. The EU had years upon years to expand on why Sidious is so powerful and that's wonderful.

So stop crushing everyone under the wrongly overpowered boot of "CANON SAYS SO" and let people's imaginations run free.

For some people; Malgus wins because he looks cooler, because he's overall more likeable and (in my opinion) a better character than Sidious.

Edited by GhostDrone

how is that even a serious question? who and where does it say sidious was the most powerful sith? that notion is laughable and amateur. if you have done any amount of serious research you would know that sidious was extremely weak and a tratior to the sith ideals. also not to mention that the level of lightsaber mastery far outstripped these modern day jedi/sith. so to answer this question malgus would crush him like a bug with the force and carve sidious up like thanksgiving turkey. its no contest at all

how is that even a serious question? who and where does it say sidious was the most powerful sith? that notion is laughable and amateur. if you have done any amount of serious research you would know that sidious was extremely weak and a tratior to the sith ideals. also not to mention that the level of lightsaber mastery far outstripped these modern day jedi/sith. so to answer this question malgus would crush him like a bug with the force and carve sidious up like thanksgiving turkey. its no contest at all

Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious, was a Force-sensitive Human male who served as the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and the first Emperor of the Galactic Empire. A Dark Lord of the Sith who followed the Rule of Two, an ancient tenet of the Order of the Sith Lords, he was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. His entire life as a Sith was the culmination of a thousand-year plan to overthrow the Republic and the Jedi Order from within.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine

it is said opening lines of wiki page first

Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious, was a Force-sensitive Human male who served as the last Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and the first Emperor of the Galactic Empire. A Dark Lord of the Sith who followed the Rule of Two, an ancient tenet of the Order of the Sith Lords, he was the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history. His entire life as a Sith was the culmination of a thousand-year plan to overthrow the Republic and the Jedi Order from within.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine

it is said opening lines of wiki page first

most powerful here can be understood,as holding the most political power. I highly doubt he is the most powerful force user in history.The EU in the events after the movies with the worm hole and all that clone bodies nonsense is crap anyways.Best case scenario he is the most powerful in the Rule of Two sith,even here i am not sure he is more powerful than Plagueis,because he didn't kill him in a combat as Bane commanded but while he was drunk and asleep.

But yes he is the most powerful being in his time,in an age where the jedi are a pathetic complacent bunch.

Naga Sadow and Darth Nox(even without the sith spirits) would eat him for breakfast,not to mention Tulak Hord.

Edited by Kaedusz

Getting insanely sick of hearing that.

If anyone DARES to put another Sith/Jedi against Sidious someone instantly has to jump and say;

"OH WELL SIDIOUS WINS BECAUSE HE'S THE MOST POWERFUL SITH EVER LOL, CANON SAYS HE IS, SO YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!"

His power is being so exaggerated, it's annoying. (Making Maul beg to Sidious in the Clone Wars, for example. COMPLETELY out of character and unnecessary.)

Yeah okay, he's powerful, WE GET IT. The EU had years upon years to expand on why Sidious is so powerful and that's wonderful.

So stop crushing everyone under the wrongly overpowered boot of "CANON SAYS SO" and let people's imaginations run free.

For some people; Malgus wins because he looks cooler, because he's overall more likeable and (in my opinion) a better character than Sidious.

OK, for a moment lets pretend that Sidious is not canonically the most powerful Sith Lord ever. Sidious still wins, because he is simply obviously more powerful.

For example: Malgus was defeated by (assumedly) a strike team of four, only 2 of which were force sensitive. Sidious on the other hand managed to defeat 4 of the most powerful members of the Jedi Council, albeit with help from Anakin (although 3 where killed in a matter of seconds.)

Malgus was defeated by Bastila Shan, who later became Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Sidious defeated Yoda, the current and arguably most powerful Grand Master of the Jedi Order.

Basically the above shows that Sidious wins hands down, because its obvious that he is the more powerful Sith Lord. And for the record Sidious IMO is a better character, he is excellently voiced and acted by Ian Mcdiarmid and is amazingly cunning and clever, I also love his alter egos. He also looks epically cool in his Revenge of the Sith dark side robes.

P.S. Maul begging for mercy is a typical Sith ploy, make yourself look pathetically weak so your opponent may pity and spare you. Spiting in their face is only going to ensure your death. Live to fight another day.

Lol are you a troll? The irony here is that if I were to do as you say, I would come up with countless sources proving you wrong. Just by watching the films I know this is not the case, Sidious took out 3 Jedi Council members in a matter of seconds, and defeated the leader of the most powerful incarnation of the Jedi Order. By reading Darth Bane I learn that Sidious was not a traitor to the Sith ideals, and followed the Rule of Two - the pinnacle of dark side teaching.

Oh yeah and the 'level of lightsaber mastery' in the Old Republic era is in fact weaker than the Prequel Era. Makes sense as things tend to improve over time, rather than recede. The Jedi Order had experienced a Golden Age of peace, giving them plenty of time to become closer and closer to the Force and more and more powerful.

Its also ironic that people like you and others are whining about people pulling the canon card, and then being completely hyprocritcal by pulling the 'anti-canon' card and completely disregarding the entire star wars universe because you think 'canon sucks'. If you don't like the universe, go somewhere else.

Sidious took out 3 Jedi Council members in a matter of seconds

Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others are pathetic as well as all jedi in that era with the exeption of Yoda.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.Ok not in a matter of seconds,maybe a few minutes.

Yes Sidious is propably more powerful,but comparing him with the jedi in his timeline is not to his advantage,because they are bad.

Edited by Kaedusz

Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others in that scene are pathetic.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.
You have no evidence to support this whatsoever. Hence the brevity of your reply.

Kit Fisto was considered to be one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, and mastered Shii-Cho - he was also on the Jedi High Council, an honor reserved only for the most powerful Jedi.

Agen Kolar was also a master lightsaber duelist as was Saesee Tiin - both were Jedi Masters on the Jedi High Council. Sidious sent all these guys to there graves in a matter of seconds. Malgus couldn't even handle a trooper with a detonator.

But I figure your holding back on your arguments and are about to blow me away with a devastatingly powerful response backed with evidence, examples, quotes and a few stats thrown in their for the sake of it. Here goes, I'm ready...

Sorry to break it to you but Kit Fisto and the others are pathetic as well as all jedi in that era with the exeption of Yoda.Malgus would have killed them in a matter of seconds also.Ok not in a matter of seconds,maybe a few minutes.

Yes Sidious is propably more powerful,but comparing him with the jedi in his timeline is not to his advantage,because they are bad.

Wrong. While Agen Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto aren't the best of the Order, they are quite skilled swordsmen. Not to mention the rest of the Jedi Council being incredibly powerful. Am I going to have to list them again?

Wrong. While Agen Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto aren't the best of the Order, they are quite skilled swordsmen. Not to mention the rest of the Jedi Council being incredibly powerful. Am I going to have to list them again?
I don't mean to correct the almighty Aurbere (:p) - but I think they were, that why they were sent along with Windu to defeat Sidious.

I don't mean to correct the almighty Aurbere (:p) - but I think they were, that why they were sent along with Windu to defeat Sidious.

I think what he meant was, that in terms of skill there were others that would be considered the best in the Order as it wouldn't just be like 2-4 or so.

Also LOL at this thread, Sidious mops the floor with Malgus...quite literally.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.

Kit Fisto was considered to be one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, and mastered Shii-Cho - he was also on the Jedi High Council, an honor reserved only for the most powerful Jedi.

This is not exaclty a counter to my point,because as i said all jedi in that timeline are bad compared to those in the past.

Would also like to point out that being incredibly strong in the force and in the use of lightsaber is not always the most important criteria for going up in the ranks of the jedi order.

Edited by Kaedusz

My point is that the jedi in the movies timeline are relatively weak ,not that Maglus is powerful.Ok Kit fisto is one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order.Imagine how terrible the jedi must be during his time,for him to be one of the best swordsmen.My conclusion is drawn from what i see in wookiepedia and when i saw him in episode 2,not to mention 3 when he died.
Not 'point' - misguided opinion. For one we barely see him in Attack of the Clones, and he dies in Revenge of the Sith so quickly because Sidious is just that good - not because Kit Fisto is weak. And if you actually read Wookieepedia you would also understand that the Jedi had experienced a Golden Age of peace in which they became exponentially more powerful as Jedi thrive in peaceful conditions. So PQ Jedi > OR Jedi.

Edited by Beniboybling

Had other members (Plo Koon, Mundi, Yoda) been there, Mace would have brought them to fight Sidious.

Pretending that the other three Jedi stood a chance...

Kit Fisto's Shii-Cho form would prove ineffective against the single blade of Sidious. Agen Kolar's use of Ataru would be a hindrance. Tiin would be the best out of the three for this situation, but would be dealt with quickly. But Mace had no choice. Those three were the best that he could get at the time.

Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin are incredibly skilled swordsmen, but there are others in the Order that are better than them.

Had other members (Plo Koon, Mundi, Yoda) been there, Mace would have brought them to fight Sidious.

Pretending that the other three Jedi stood a chance...

Kit Fisto's Shii-Cho form would prove ineffective against the single blade of Sidious. Agen Kolar's use of Ataru would be a hindrance. Tiin would be the best out of the three for this situation, but would be dealt with quickly. But Mace had no choice. Those three were the best that he could get at the time.

Fisto, Kolar, and Tiin are incredibly skilled swordsmen, but there are others in the Order that are better than them.

Well okay... I am once again humbled by your knowledge :p

Not 'point' - misguided opinion. For one we barely see him in Attack of the Clones, and he dies in Revenge of the Sith so quickly because Sidious is just that good - not because Kit Fisto is weak. And if you actually read Wookieepedia you would also understand that the Jedi had experienced a Golden Age of peace in which they became exponentially more powerful as Jedi thrive in peaceful conditions. So PQ Jedi > OR Jedi.

They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.This along with other things made them complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.

I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.

Edited by Kaedusz

This is not exaclty a counter to my point,because as i said all jedi in that timeline are bad compared to those in the past.

Would also like to point out that being incredibly strong in the force and in the use of lightsaber is not always the most important criteria for going up in the ranks of the jedi order.

They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.This along with other things made them complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.

I think you overestimate Kit Fisto and the other jedi because of some kind of SW movies fanboyism.

I'm gonna have to do the list, aren't I? What is this, the fifth time? :p

Yoda- too many impressive skills and powers to count, not to mention being the second most powerful Jedi ever.

Mace Windu- Mastered the seven forms and developed Vaapad, the form he used to defeat Darth Sidious

Plo Koon- Master of Djem So, Alter Environment, Electric Judgment, and several Baran Do techniques (of the Hassat-dur family)

Ki-Adi Mundi- Master of Ataru and incredibly skilled with Force Healing, in addition to his heightened reflexes (heightened for a Jedi to boot).

Kit Fisto- Master of Shii-Cho, which he coupled with Force speed to make him so fast that even Obi-Wan Kenobi could barely see him. Able to defeat General Grievous with relative ease.

Anakin Skywalker- the Chosen One. Nuff said?

Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Master of Soresu, able to compete with the Chosen One in battle

Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form. Had extensive skill in Force Speed.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.

Edit: You're going to say the list is pointless, aren't you? That makes me :(

Edited by Aurbere

They may thrive in other aspects,but combat speciality is not one of them.It is said many times that lightsaber dueling after the Ruusian Reformation was on a decline because the jedi faced always blaster weielding opponents and not force users and lightsaber users.So they became complacent ,ripe for the plucking by the Sith Grand Plan.

Perhaps in the lower levels of the Order, but masters on the Jedi High Council would be familiar with all the lightsaber forms and exceptionally powerful in the Force. They would not have become complacent in any areas. Even so, being able to kill a Jedi High Council member in a matter of seconds is impressive no matter what the era or skill of the Jedi.

Not that they were weak in anyway, becoming a Master in any era requires considerable skill - Kit Fisto for one managed to hold his own and almost defeat General Grievous and Mace Windu, well Windu invented his own lightsaber form. And Yoda had 900 years to master every single one, he was praised by many as one of the most powerful Jedi who had ever existed, and yet Sidious matched his power.

I'm gonna have to do the list, aren't I? What is this, the fifth time? :p

Yoda- too many impressive skills and powers to count, not to mention being the second most powerful Jedi ever.

Mace Windu- Mastered the seven forms and developed Vaapad, the form he used to defeat Darth Sidious

Plo Koon- Master of Djem So, Alter Environment, Electric Judgment, and several Baran Do techniques (of the Hassat-dur family)

Ki-Adi Mundi- Master of Ataru and incredibly skilled with Force Healing, in addition to his heightened reflexes (heightened for a Jedi to boot).

Kit Fisto- Master of Shii-Cho, which he coupled with Force speed to make him so fast that even Obi-Wan Kenobi could barely see him. Able to defeat General Grievous with relative ease.

Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Master of Soresu, able to compete with the Chosen One in battle

Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.

Edit: You're going to say the list is pointless, aren't you? That makes me :(

OMG! Aurbere! Cin Drallig has appeared in TCW!

Though to add, Cin was also adept in Force Speed.

Now to go watch the TCW episode...

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

OMG! Aurbere! Cin Drallig has appeared in TCW!

Though to add, Cin was also adept in Force Speed.

Now to go watch the TCW episode...

It's about time! I just watched that episode lol. Personally, I would have preferred him being shown training students, but any appearance is fine by me.

Just edited Force Speed into the post, thanks for reminding me.

Cin Drallig- Jedi Battlemaster, mastering six forms and having great knowledge of the seventh form.

Forgetting a few, but the point being, you severely underestimate the Jedi Order.[/color]

Yoda- no arguments there.

Ki-Adi-Mundi-killed by a few clone troopers... nuff said. ... ok it was a surprise but still...

Kit Fisto- had problems vs Asajj Ventress which is a joke..General Grievous,not even a force user.A jedi master of great skill as you ppl describe him should not boast that he defeated a cyborg,even if he is a famous jedi killer.

Obi-Wan Kenobi- one of the most pathetic jedi i have seen in all Star Wars franchise in terms of prowess.He has his Soresu and thats it.The ''Choosen one'' was drunk with the dark side and not knowing what he was doing in the Mustafar accident.

Cin Drallig and Plo Kloon,powerful in their own right,compared to other in that era.Still don't know why you think that by mentioning a few force abilities along with a few lightsaber forms you will make them look amazing.Mastering a few force abilities and forms is a must,bare mininum,after all they are jedi masters.As all jedi in that era they don't struck me as ''powerful''.They are just not impressive.

Edited by Kaedusz