Serious nerf in Madness - Again

Aetideus

Not to mention Force Leech, which is a sizeable dmg+heal skill with a 1.5sec cast. Oh and spreadable dots. Oh an the utilities you can pick to make Madness even better. Fear not, 3.0 Madness will be far from a nerf compared to current status.

Something bothers me though about this. In the stream they said they changed it to 4 b/c they didn't want people clipping their FL anymore. Apparently people clipped their FL as the 3 pulse hit on live. I can understand this desire of not wanting people to clip.

HOWEVER, with the new 4 stacks aren't they just inviting more clipping? Its going to take a full FL (3 stacks) and then start your 2nd channel (upon the 1st pulse of the 2nd FL you will get your 4th stack) Will people just stop their channel right then and their to fire off CL or LB? Or will it be still advisable to finish off that 2nd FL.

Even in the stream he did this, he stopped his channel at the 1st tick of the 2nd FL to show the ability.

Don't get me wrong though. I do know it will be less time to get 4 stacks in 3.0 than 3 stacks in live, however, the reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

Am I missing something?

Wont you get your 4 stacks on the full FL at the shorter channel time?

Yeah, txpoodoo missed that bit of info. :)

And regardless, even if it was still 3 stacks per channel, clipping at 4 stacks in the beginning of the next channel wouldn't help anything, since there's the GCD boundary to take into account. :) So you wouldn't be able to clip until 75% into the channel.

Edited by Memo-

Yeah, txpoodoo missed that bit of info. :)

And regardless, even if it was still 3 stacks per channel, clipping at 4 stacks in the beginning of the next channel wouldn't help anything, since there's the GCD boundary to take into account. :) So you wouldn't be able to clip until 75% into the channel.

That makes more sense then :)

You see, I knew I was missing something....lol

HOWEVER, with the new 4 stacks aren't they just inviting more clipping? Its going to take a full FL (3 stacks) and then start your 2nd channel (upon the 1st pulse of the 2nd FL you will get your 4th stack)

?? You get 4 stacks from one round of force lightning. Wrath procs for every tick of damage from force lightning and force lightning does four ticks