25 NPC LIMIT - To low

AgnieszkaZ

I am not sure about you but 25 npcs is really low for a stronghold. I mean the Npc's for decorations/any other that sells stuff are like 10/25.

No space to put companions, no space to put Imperial/Republic guards, I mean in Dromund kass there is around 12 doors or something so if you want to put a guard x2 on each side, well that's around 50...

I mean i know this is to prevent spam of Names in the window when you travel however...

Can you please Consider to make a Specific ROOM limit...

Or Make guards a not npc just like a statue.

Or maybe make 2 diffrent categories, npcs that are static (guards, comps), NPCs that sell stuff...

Please consider this Bioware :)

They prioritized player population over NPC decoration. Apparently it's more important that their engine is able to handle 50 players in my stronghold at any given time (as if that's ever going to happen) than the ability to populate the stronghold with NPC decorations.

They prioritized player population over NPC decoration. Apparently it's more important that their engine is able to handle 50 players in my stronghold at any given time (as if that's ever going to happen) than the ability to populate the stronghold with NPC decorations.

Of course the 50 players is important. Just cause you are not popular enough to throw a party, doesn't mean all of don;t have friends.

I don't need more than 2-3 people in my stronghold ever. The 25 NPC limit has to go............ If you want to throw a huge party (because you have soo many friends :rolleyes: ) you should have to start putting $ down for server processing, lol.

And look, I get it. There are other reasons to have 50 people over... but anywhere else and this would cost $ to host that many people so stop acting like it should be a free service. If I was Bio I would start charging once you got over 5 people on your stronghold per hour. Yes, I seriously would.

Likewise I'd pay to have that NPC limit cap bumped... but I wouldn't pay unless they admitted that the 50 person per stronghold thing is ridiculous and unnecessary and rebalance that first.

Edited by siegeshot

Like I said in another post, what Bioware could do is add furnitures, lounges for example, with NPCs on them as an integral part.

I think something like that would solve a lot of the SHs emptiness problem.

Edited by yoomazir

Hello.

The 25 limit probably has a lot do with how the game is designed. I don't think Bioware has put it in here to purposely annoy people.

I'm not saying this isn't stupid having a limit, it is. At least the limit could be increased but you never know, Bioware might increase the NPC cap and ask you to pay Cartel Coins for it and to be honest that seems very likely.

If they can't or won't increase this then there is no reason to have Strongholds at all. Who wants some sterile environment to walk into or show off? Many of the comments I got on my place on PTS before they lowered the boom on the cap. Was " how alive & inviting I had made the place" All done with NPC's & pets. If it is a performance issue of having people over vs environment why not scale occupancy based on the number of NPC's placed. That way those folks that want to have a 50 person party can do so wit their 25 NPC's and those that want to limit to maybe 10 could have a 100 NPC limit

If they can't or won't increase this then there is no reason to have Strongholds at all. Who wants some sterile environment to walk into or show off? Many of the comments I got on my place on PTS before they lowered the boom on the cap. Was " how alive & inviting I had made the place" All done with NPC's & pets. If it is a performance issue of having people over vs environment why not scale occupancy based on the number of NPC's placed. That way those folks that want to have a 50 person party can do so wit their 25 NPC's and those that want to limit to maybe 10 could have a 100 NPC limit

Agree totally!

Like I said in another post, what Bioware could do is add furnitures, lounges for example, with NPCs on them as an integral part.

I think something like that would solve a lot of the SHs emptiness problem.

This is a great solution. Corso chilling on a couch or something with an animation that takes up less server crunching. I love the idea!