How Darth Maul is alive

Aitix

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another dumb move was to kill off one of the coolest characters to hit Star Wars since the smooth hipster Lando Calrissian! lol ok but seriously the Star Wars folks knew that was a mistake and some how brought him back for the Clone Wars show.

Anyways whats the point of living if you dont have your man junk? So I must assume that Darth Maul has an implant but how big do you think he went? I am thinking 8". Sith dont like'em cute like Jedi chicks do. :D

There is a comic, that has Maul actually show up on Tatooine sometime after episode III. I can't remember if it Obi Wan that nails him or Owen Lars ending up shooting him.

Darth Maul was beating the crap out of a much older Obi-wan and at the last second before Maul make the killing blow Owen Lars blows Maul's head off with a sniper rifle....I'm not lying...that was the EU final death of Maul...Owen blowign off his head.

That was also supposed to explain why Owen hated the Jedi and Obi-wan afterwards and never talked to Luke about Obi-wan, etc.

Darth Maul was beating the crap out of a much older Obi-wan and at the last second before Maul make the killing blow Owen Lars blows Maul's head off with a sniper rifle....I'm not lying...that was the EU final death of Maul...Owen blowign off his head.

That was also supposed to explain why Owen hated the Jedi and Obi-wan afterwards and never talked to Luke about Obi-wan, etc.

Except its not canon....and I don't recall Darth Maul beating the crap out of Obi-Wan, I do remember Obi-Wan cutting off his arm and pointing his lightsaber at him ready to activate though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OetQGDKZjcM&feature=related

Owen became a boss at that moment by blasting him in the head though.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Dumb. Honestly really dumb. Worse than Boba Fett, even.

eh? Boba Fett i dont consider a retcon since what happened is more than plausible for one of his skills, especially since it takes 1000 years to actually eat anything inside of a sarlaac... He even had a jetpack! Also he came out with serious scarring from the acids... but this here is just bad! he got sliced in half!!!!!!

eh? Boba Fett i dont consider a retcon since what happened is more than plausible for one of his skills, especially since it takes 1000 years to actually eat anything inside of a sarlaac... He even had a jetpack! Also he came out with serious scarring from the acids... but this here is just bad! he got sliced in half!!!!!!

Ya...except if you look at a Sarlacc, there really should have been no way out for Boba.

So what is next?

Darth Maul's legs coming back as well!

Not exactly... but he does get new legs in the next ep, Grievous-y droid legs like in the Infinities tale "Old Wounds".

This episode, his spidery legs & butt were just just held together & animated by the Force. Crazy.

Edited by Toonimator

its also important to remember that palpatine was on naboo when maul got cleaved in two, he was the senator for naboo and returned with padme, its very possible he did for maul what he did for vader and repaired his broken body, then exiled him for being a failure when he needed a more able bodied apprentice

this begs the question why would sidious go out of his way to make his defeated apprentices into cyborgs, why not just kill them

sidious did not really need anakin for anything, he wasnt trying to teach him the dark ways meant to keep those he cared about from dying as he promised, he just used vader as him thug to hunt down jedi and build a death ray to blow up whole worlds

sidious seems like a fairly shallow character, if the sith are fueled by passion what is his>? we know he cared about maul, he was his favorite apprentice at least according to the books and comics which might explain why he spared him instead of killing him, perhaps he knew that letting that hatred fester in exile would make him vastly more powerful

but how did anakin fit into any of it beyond being a sith enforcer>? did he serve simply as a source of genetic material and midichlorians for sidious to experiment with in order to create a new body from the will of the force or some such nonsense>?

My theory about Maul is this: after grabbing the air vent, he climbed out of the shaft. At that point, Obi-Wan had left. Maul dragged himself towards Theed Spaceport. He scared everyone away (wouldn't you be scared if half a Zabrak walked in on you?) and managed to get into a freighter. He engaged autopilot, taking it to Raxus, and passed out. As for Sidious: He probably needed a warrior to do what he could no longer do. We have to factor in the fact that this was some 20 years after episode 3. He might be in the neighborhod of 85, and while the dark side might extend life, it cannot extend youth.

Thus, Vader was the eyes, ears, and iron fist of the Emperor. But, I concur that he doesn't seem to have much passion. I mean, we know he wanted to rule an Empire. We know he wanted the Jedi out of the way. But once all that happened, what was his goal?

To be fair, General Grievous is essentially a brain, 2 eyeballs and a left kidney in a jar, and they still managed to keep him around for two movies and a tv series. At this point I think he has more actual filmed screen time than Darth Vader or Luke.