The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Wow, if this was SM, I would understand, but by the time you get to HM, you really should know better. I had a SM Cademimu tank (PT) once who was absolutely certain that if he stood dead center of the room for the final boss, he would be safe from the fire. The healer (Sorc) and the other DPS (Merc) decided to join him. That was a very short fight. My Sniper ended just running into the fire to get it over with.

well you should have /stuck it. not sure how much repair bill fire death gives. atleast in lost island where someone decides that they can withstand the fist smash and not fall over. i just /stuck it always as its really hard to heal and do console job. so 3 manning it wont be possible unless you are to overgeared.

sage was not a problem for me. she ran away and killed by far. fine. i even killed them myself. since i have grenade which practically i can spam almost. its just the tank that annoyed me. "leap frogging" i woudnt do that. and being a tank telling not to cc. he didnt tell anyone to cc on first pull where we get 2 droid and bunch of strong and weak droids.

tank annoyed me the most. as he said cleanse at 5 stack and i haven't done a single mistake to look like an idiot. the tone was bad i guess.

I think you meant to say "have". ;)

I would pay to see that Cademimu boss fight with that Sage, Athiss would be another place where I would love to see the 35m range used fully, :D

ya have. fast typing and big fingers. some finger hits faster than the one that should have :p so the sequence gets jumbled sometimes:o

you wouldnt believe. i said cademimu as i have tanked on my vanguard SM fp though and a sage literally never came near to boss and only then i had noticed she always dpsed from far. after fp i whispered to her that she can attack by near even though she was RDPS and she was very grateful for that and she is in friends list now. but at 55. after having 69/72 gear? that's just..............

Me and one of my friends were farming Cademimu SM (mind you, we're both lvl 50-something), and he had never done it before, so he stood dead-center and tried to tank the fires :rolleyes:

Also, I was just in a Mando Raiders run that had no less than three tanks, two of whom (me and a Shadow) had turned off DPS in the queue, and we had still ended up as DPS in this run. The appointed tank didn't know how to tank, and I ended up having to aggro the bosses off her. She basically called me a troll and gave me a f*cking homily about how I was an attention whore for doing her job. :rolleyes:

what do you mean by didn't know how to tank? if the bosses were on her then she was doing her job :rak_02:

tanking isnt just being a meat bag :p maybe she didnt kite the boss around? like in athiss you have to kite boss away from purple circle? or HS fp where you should turn boss away from your group and then dodge los of sweeping fire?:eek:

Edited by Deadlynits

tanking isnt just being a meat bag :p maybe she didnt kite the boss around? like in athiss you have to kite boss away from purple circle? or HS fp where you should turn boss away from your group and then dodge los of sweeping fire?:eek:

well he said mandalorian raiders and bosses so I assume it's the 4 bosses one. there's not really much else to do there as a tank than keep them on yourself :rak_02:

well he said mandalorian raiders and bosses so I assume it's the 4 bosses one. there's not really much else to do there as a tank than keep them on yourself :rak_02:

She was only aggroing one, and letting the healer and the Shadow get smashed up. So, I had to aggro the other three, and then I got called a troll and an attention whore.

Had a bit of fun where I did the weird thing. I was aked to join a guild run of S&V sm using the group finder mode. We make it through the first three bosses without drama, but we are light on dps due to two folks being recent promotions to level 55 (think lower level green weapons). Past the weekly we begin to slow down with several wipes through the trash to boss run four and then a couple more trying to clear the town in boss four. As we entered through Group Finder, rezzing takes me back to Fleet each time. Now initiating vote kicks for the undergeared dps will most likely earn me illwill in a guild run, and spending the time to explain how to make one or two super teams clear to the town while the others wait will just take too long, sooooo...being a "comfortable crafter" I stopped by the Galactic market and bought some needed supplies. Not full 72s mind you, but purple 66 versions of barrels, hilts, mods, etc and handed them out quietly upon my return. I recieved some very greatfull TYTYTYs, and we cleared the rest of the ops without further issue.

Sometimes the easiest way to solve a problem is fix it yourself rather than complain about it. Fun times

Had a bit of fun where I did the weird thing. I was aked to join a guild run of S&V sm using the group finder mode. We make it through the first three bosses without drama, but we are light on dps due to two folks being recent promotions to level 55 (think lower level green weapons). Past the weekly we begin to slow down with several wipes through the trash to boss run four and then a couple more trying to clear the town in boss four. As we entered through Group Finder, rezzing takes me back to Fleet each time. Now initiating vote kicks for the undergeared dps will most likely earn me illwill in a guild run, and spending the time to explain how to make one or two super teams clear to the town while the others wait will just take too long, sooooo...being a "comfortable crafter" I stopped by the Galactic market and bought some needed supplies. Not full 72s mind you, but purple 66 versions of barrels, hilts, mods, etc and handed them out quietly upon my return. I recieved some very greatfull TYTYTYs, and we cleared the rest of the ops without further issue.

Sometimes the easiest way to solve a problem is fix it yourself rather than complain about it. Fun times

Just to clear this up, any Operation entered will med you on the Fleet, whether you GF it, walk in or are dragged in my a llama.

55 HM Mandorian Raiders on my dps Powertech with a merc dps, merc healer, and a Jug dps with a couple attempted pieces of tank gear. After he died once I warned him that it might happen a lot with mainly dps gear. I guess he decided to have me share the load on the big pull before the dog boss, he didn't aoe the spawned dogs, and waited till I had already hit a health pack and blew all my cooldowns to taunt. I had about 200 life left, a dog fart would have killed me off.

At the dog boss I tried to give him tactics, but the dog I marked for me and the other dps to burn was his target. He tunneled it, and we wiped. We wiped a second time because he stopped tanking the boss off in a corner, so he could hit the last dog. Gave him some advice and left. No one else typed anything besides me and the tank so I knew a vote kick wouldn't work. I did whisper him to give him some more advice, to run some dailies/easier content and build a tank set.

Oddly enough this is my first bad tank experience at 55. I expect that kind of gear while leveling, because it is sort of a take what you can kind of thing. Hell at this point all the original 55 hard mode stuff is done on auto pilot. Los is the only tool used, and I hardly ever see a cc.

This wasn't the first tank I delt with that wouldn't ask if they didn't know the fights, I guess they are gun shy because of the habit some people have of kicking any ill prepared tank.

55 HM Mandorian Raiders on my dps Powertech with a merc dps, merc healer, and a Jug dps with a couple attempted pieces of tank gear. After he died once I warned him that it might happen a lot with mainly dps gear. I guess he decided to have me share the load on the big pull before the dog boss, he didn't aoe the spawned dogs, and waited till I had already hit a health pack and blew all my cooldowns to taunt. I had about 200 life left, a dog fart would have killed me off.

At the dog boss I tried to give him tactics, but the dog I marked for me and the other dps to burn was his target. He tunneled it, and we wiped. We wiped a second time because he stopped tanking the boss off in a corner, so he could hit the last dog. Gave him some advice and left. No one else typed anything besides me and the tank so I knew a vote kick wouldn't work. I did whisper him to give him some more advice, to run some dailies/easier content and build a tank set.

Oddly enough this is my first bad tank experience at 55. I expect that kind of gear while leveling, because it is sort of a take what you can kind of thing. Hell at this point all the original 55 hard mode stuff is done on auto pilot. Los is the only tool used, and I hardly ever see a cc.

This wasn't the first tank I delt with that wouldn't ask if they didn't know the fights, I guess they are gun shy because of the habit some people have of kicking any ill prepared tank.

I usually don't find tanks afraid to ask out of fear of votekick. A tank is generally going to have to be horrid to fear that in FPs, considering the queue times for all other classes.

One thing I've noticed though is that in general people are less willing to stick around and help people through content the further along we get in the game.

HS fp. sin tank ,sin dps ,me sniper, merc heals

damn it. wish SWTOR had a mechanism to just give loot to one who needed it who actually needs it for their gear. like cunning gear for a sniper rather than an assassin dps. i mean. i lost 3 loot. vibroknife sniper rifle and chest. wish they have a fix on this via system. he was f2p and kept needing it even after explaining everything >.>

and ofc assassin needs those. so he won all 3 cunning gear which were upgrade for me.

Votekick is your friend. You should have votekicked this guy as soon as you noticed this happening and explained it to him (of course, if he had changed his behaviour, you would have let him stay).

This wasn't in group finder but should be good enough(?).

I was fooling around with trash mobs outside of Firestar H4 entrance in Balmorra without Mako while waiting someone to invite me to their group. I get to group with two Marauders and Vette(?). Needless to say we didn't get that far without healer. I suggested that we use Mako instead of Vette and try again. Mako... Nope! Annoying ship droid it is (let me guess, without any gear?). We didn't have any problems vs. first champ. But here comes the weirdest part: one of the Marauders leave the group and we get thrown out of that instance. Other Marauder runs back in and I decided to follow him. I get Mako to help us and switch her to dps mode. What happened next was something I didn't expect: he is leaving too? No communication attempts from them at any point.

What I did wrong here? As a tank I'm supposed to keep all stronger mobs from bashing dps and help with trash as well if I can, right? I did that so what on earth I did wrong?

Funny thing about this was the fact that one of them was looking for tank and healer 30+ minutes later in General chat. :D

Edited by Halinalle

This isn't GF but a Heroic 4 on Makeb that someone called out for on general chat. I was a lvl 53 healer operative at the time and got a 55 jugg DPS, an assasin and a merc (I think, can'r remember he didn't last long). Anyway just as we got our group formed the merc said he had to AFK for awhile. No problem we waited for him. Problem is he stood in a very unsafe place. Me and the sin saved him a few times while waiting for the jugg to arrive. Sometime later merc never arrives and DC's. Jugg is overgeared anyway so we tried to 3 man it. Went along well, some wipes along the way as none of us has done this heroic before. We managed to get to the last stage and the sin announces he has to leave. No problem, we all have somewhere to be. He says his apologies then says "I'm just going to rush ahead and die in the mobs then" without first leaving the group. Jugg screams "NO!" but he went ahead anyway and pulled everything. Of course we die. Jugg was furious and soon I saw the sin ranting on general chat. Jugg must have whispered something nice to him. We pull out our companions and finished it without much issue. Last boss was just me healing him all the way. That was an interesting run.

I'm not a tank by inclination or experience, but I do know one thing:

You need more tanking stats/mitigation than one augment (Redoubt or whatever it's called) and the odd enhancement can give you on what is otherwise pure damager gear --with mixed PvP and PvE mods, even! (<---sarcasm)-- for Czerka Core Meltdown [HARD]. This goes double if you don't know the fights.

Guild runs:

I've had rather mixed results with these, but for this run, all I got to say is...

Can someone tell me how to put a whole guild on /ignore?

Or maybe if/how I can charge their GM back for my 80k-creds of repair-bills?

How on Earth do some of these scrubs even make it to level-cap...And now they're all banding together? Oh, joy! Oh, rapture!

[cynicism]

Well, I guess you know the old saying about the collective brightness of millions of 5-watt bulbs.

[/cynicism]

@Uber_the_goober

@Deadlynits Fair enough.

Sorry I would have multiquoted, but I don't know all these fancy forum tricks.

As far as I know - you can't. I just hover over the "quote" button and right click -> open in new tab -> copy/paste the text including the quote brackets that point to the original post into one single reply box.

As far as I know - you can't. I just hover over the "quote" button and right click -> open in new tab -> copy/paste the text including the quote brackets that point to the original post into one single reply box.

So you can do this:

@Uber_the_goober

@Deadlynits Fair enough.

For as many posts as you want.

I was on my Sorc healer doing SM Czerka Core Meltdown. One of the other players kept trying to jump up on the ledge where the rest of the group was. I waited for a while but he kept missing so I thought I'd make things easy on him and use extricate to pull him up. He proceeded to start raging hardcore. He kept saying he knows how to play his class and it's rude to have your character moved without asking for it and I'm a stupid show off. It was just so bizarre.

I am a PVPer by nature but I've been idly trying to gear up for PVE lately, which means doing HM flashpoints. My healer is in fully min/maxed PVP gear with purple augs so she is geared good enough for HM flashpoints. Her gear is worse than basic but better than the stuff you get from Oricon. I was doing a Corporate Labs HM last night and keeping everyone up but all of a sudden the tank noticed I was in PVP gear and kept demanding to know why. The conversation went something like this.

Tank: um why are you in pvp gear???

Me: Because I have no PVE gear, which is why I'm doing this?

Tank: :/ u shouldn't que til u have gear

Me: How am I supposed to get gear if not from the source where it drops?

Tank: do dailies use comms to buy gear

Me: So you're telling me I need to avoid doing HMs til I have all the gear that drops during HMs.

Tank: yes

Me: Why do you think HM flashpoints drop basic gear if you aren't supposed to use them as a source to get it?

Tank: easy money, didn't u do oricon for free gear

Me: Yep, and it's worse than what I have now.

Tank: no pvp gear is always worse

Weirdest thing ever.

Edited by Beltane

I am a PVPer by nature but I've been idly trying to gear up for PVE lately, which means doing HM flashpoints. My healer is in fully min/maxed PVP gear with purple augs so she is geared good enough for HM flashpoints. I was doing a Corporate Labs HM last night and keeping everyone up but all of a sudden the tank noticed I was in PVP gear and kept demanding to know why. The conversation went something like this.

Back in the week of preaccess for 2.0 we did the hm fp's with 61/63 pve gear and you come along with fully min/maxed 65 or 67 gear, so you're not really undergeared :D

Some people are just wierd.

Isn't one of them untauntable (or has no aggro table) and just randomly attacks anyone?

Magnus (the melee Sith/Jedi) has no aggro table, but he is tauntable.

So even if he didn't know that the other 3 schould still have been on him, not the opposite way.

Do the following:

1. Press "Quote" on the first post you want to "quote".
  2. Press CTRL+A to select all the contents of the text box then press CTRL+C to copy it.
  3. Press "back" on your browser.
  4. Now "Quote" the second post you want to "quote".
  5. Click at the end of the "quoted text" and press CTRL+V to paste what you copied in step 2.
  6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 as many times as needed until you have "quoted" all the posts you want.

Hope that helps.