Crew Skills for a jedi duo ?

Bulobou

Hi guys,

Actually waiting for my early access, i need some advices.

Me and my friend will play as consular and knight, (sharing craft and gathered stuffs) so here is the question:

No problem for somes of the skill (consular: Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld trading) but for the knight, which one should we take with Artifice for the Craft ?

Well a traditional choice will be archaeology and bio but what about the third one ?

If you've got any suggestion or change in my choices thanks in advances :p

PS: Forgive my english :rolleyes:

My own Jedi duo went much the same way as your plan, going:

Consular: Synthweaving, Archeology, Underworld Trading

Knight: Artifice, Archeology, Treasure Hunting

That doubles on Archeology, but so far (and a little in beta) we seemed to be needing everything that we were pulling in, with little to spare for the other.

Hi guys,

Actually waiting for my early access, i need some advices.

Me and my friend will play as consular and knight, (sharing craft and gathered stuffs) so here is the question:

No problem for somes of the skill (consular: Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld trading) but for the knight, which one should we take with Artifice for the Craft ?

Well a traditional choice will be archaeology and bio but what about the third one ?

If you've got any suggestion or change in my choices thanks in advances :p

PS: Forgive my english :rolleyes:

Ummm your first choice of Synthweaving, Archaeology and Underworld is a good idea, but don't take Artifice if your taking Synthweave. You don't want to be competing for gathering materials because you won't find enough to level both of your crew skills and gear yourselves. During beta my friend played Sage and used Artifice, Archaeology and Underworld while my Sentinel used Cybertech, Scavenging and Slicing. Cybertech will let you make armor mods, mod mods, droid parts and ear pieces for your characters and companions. Cybertech uses Underworld trading to make its blues and purples so I used Slicing to look for recipes and help supplement our income. It worked out REALLY well

My own Jedi duo went much the same way as your plan, going:

Consular: Synthweaving, Archeology, Underworld Trading

Knight: Artifice, Archeology, Treasure Hunting

That doubles on Archeology, but so far (and a little in beta) we seemed to be needing everything that we were pulling in, with little to spare for the other.

You will hit some hard walls keeping it up to date unless you spend a good amount of money sending companions on missions. Theres a few times where you will both need a ton of 1 material to skill up that only drops on 1 or 2 planets.

Character 1a: Synthweaving, Archaeology, Underworld Trading

Character 1b: Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Character 2a: Cybertech, Scavenging, Slicing

Character 2b: Cybertech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading

I think going with 1a/2a is the best because you aren't double-dipping on resources, the Cybertech will be able to use the UW Metals that the Synthweaver doesn't need, and they can also get the gold/mats/random finds from Slicing.

The 2a/2b setup is nice because you have the majority of the mods locked up and readily available, and you still don't double-dip on resources.

Edited by Kryptorchid