Zash over Khem Val Bug

Zennim

Just adding my voice to the choir. Hoping this will be added to the high priority issues, because it effectively blocks progress through the story unless you want to risk re-recruiting a dead companion and everything that might potentially get messed up by that...

news for all of us, the suckers

they won't fix it

https://i.imgur.com/c1qMWwy.jpg

because of course they won't, they expect we create a whole new inquisitor with the same choices all over again for the small chance that when we get to ossus, it won't be bugged

**** you EA/Bioware

(removed the name of the one who responded the ticket, they aren't to blame for the developers incompetence)

No offense to CS, but I wouldn't put too much stock into their answers about this. The person who responded to mine didn't even read the ticket properly and said something along the lines of "I'm sorry that some of your companions appear to be missing, please check the forums". Never mind that my problem was the opposite of a missing companion, but rather a dead one coming back to life in the story. We'll just have to hope that it actually manages to come to the devs' attention when they come back from their Christmas break.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I discussed yesterday with a friend who has exactly the same problem. He had chosen to keep Zash. after the conspiracy of Nathema, Khem was dead, but here he comes back to Ossus. My friend did not want to continue the story of Ossus, lest history forget Khem's death and Zash would not come back later ...

I have not yet launched my inquisitor on the story of Ossus, but I think I will wait a little longer. History to see if a solution is found to this problem.

Sorry for my bad English.

they won't fix it

because of course they won't, they expect we create a whole new inquisitor with the same choices all over again for the small chance that when we get to ossus, it won't be bugged

**** you EA/Bioware

(removed the name of the one who responded the ticket, they aren't to blame for the developers incompetence)

There are going to be a lot of really angry people if Bioware can't fix the story flags 5.10 broke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still not fixed in 5.10.1, despite patch notes mentioning that it was. Got an alliance alert mission about Khem Val after completing Ossus story, even though he already died on Nathema. Not going to do it, obviously, but I just hope it won't mess something up in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I refuse to continue on with my Inquisitor until they fix this bug. I wanted Khem Val killed off for a reason and in the Nathema expansion I got my wish. I guess my Inquisitor's story will just have to wait until we get the problem fixed, hopefully.

I had the alert to recruit Khem Val, and after the patch it's no longer there. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have a different recruitment alert for Zash, or what.

I refuse to continue on with my Inquisitor until they fix this bug. I wanted Khem Val killed off for a reason and in the Nathema expansion I got my wish. I guess my Inquisitor's story will just have to wait until we get the problem fixed, hopefully.

This was fixed with Update 5.10.2. If you sided with Zash during your story you were never supposed to receive an AA for Khem after Ossus, which is why it was removed for you Unperson. As for what happened to Zash if you sided with Khem, there has been no confirmation that Zash will make a return and it's implied (not confirmed either way) that Khem returned in their own body so Zash may very well be gone entirely.

just so people know, you can get companions back after ossus even if theyre dead: meaning they have no story significance, but you can still have them. the same thing happened with koth being exiled by my bounty hunter character only to still have him summoned. its a side effect of the companion terminal most likely.

they won't fix it

**** you EA/Bioware

Wow the devs are completely incompetent! I was gonna come here and be nice in bug reports, but it's clear that Bioware and EA are being greedy capitalist pigs and don't care about their product. The game already needs rebuilt from the ground up because even my eight core 2.50 GHz CPU hits bottlenecks constantly (which is inexcusable for an old game). I wish Disney would rip the license away from EA and Bioware and hire a competent development company. Sorry but the programmers in charge of SWTOR are some of the most inept in the history of gaming.

just so people know, you can get companions back after ossus even if theyre dead: meaning they have no story significance, but you can still have them. the same thing happened with koth being exiled by my bounty hunter character only to still have him summoned. its a side effect of the companion terminal most likely.

Wow that's stupid. I came back to this recently, but learning all this is making me consider playing WoW Classic instead when it comes out. SWTOR's ONLY good aspect was the story, and if they've screwed that up, SWTOR has nothing left to like.