Class Story Packs

Alec_Fortescue

i know i know but what i mean is dlc is usually classed small not necessarily needed items, but since the thing that seperates swtor from the rest is this dynamic class story, it would be included as expanding upon the game

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More class stories will come. But they'd have to release all 8 at the same time or else it would look like class favoritism or blah blah whatever people may complain about.

It's all about patience and waiting until the VOs finish what they're are doing if they are willing to come back on for another 5-6 months to record, re-record and change things etc.

Brian Bloom (Male Trooper) said in an interview that it took 3 years of recording and changing etc to actually make the base class story. So it takes a lot of dedication. I think Bioware picked the right voice actors. Since most of them are Bioware regulars or they did other games etc.

We all gotta wait.

i know i know but what i mean is dlc is usually classed small not necessarily needed items, but since the thing that seperates swtor from the rest is this dynamic class story, it would be included as expanding upon the game

Arrival DLC. Real ending to ME2. Not necessarily needed, huh? =]

I fully support the general idea of this. However, I have a few suggestions.

(1. I'd rather the class stories just be extended like this via normal game updates, like how the Czerka area came along. If not though, they should at least be free for subscribers.

(2. Companions should also each get their stories extended a bit with each pack, as well as (obviously) tie into your class story.

(3. I think the packs should just include a few quests to extend the story with each one released. Enough to extend it in a meaningful and interesting way, but nothing huge.

(4. Maybe tie in the space mini-game somehow? Vary the gameplay involved a bit?

(5. I think that each pack should extend ALL class stories, but honestly, I'd be okay if they did one for Republic and one for the Empire.

Hey guys, I love the game, have since day one of the prerelease. I love my characters and the stories that they told. But there are several things that really bother me.

First and foremost, what happens next? My Jedi Shadow and my friend's Sage pushed the fields of Corellia, they defeated the First Son of the Emperor and the Dark Council. He fought against Magus' stealth armada. He fell in love with and married his Padawan. My friend's Jedi Knights fought against the man who called himself the emperor. They all now hold the Rank of Master and some even hold Council seats. We have fought and defeated Ancient Rakata Monsters, dethroned Hutts and stopped the Rakghoul plague. But the Empire is still a massive threat. The True Emperor Lord Vitiate is still out there somewhere, Terrak Morrhage is still devouring worlds, and no Lord of the Sith (Especially not Malgus) dies from falling down a hole. Revan is reborn and the HK army unleashed, but still we stand around doing nothing. So what happens next? Why are we ignoring the war in favor of Czerka Corporation? Why did every galaxy destroying monster of prophecy decide now was the time to wake up?

The Masters' work is far from done. The war still rages on. Please continue the actual story, not just a content patch with a new flashpoint or an insignificant planet with a mining issue. Show us the magic that made us love both Star Wars and Bioware as a whole.

I payed $150 for the collectors edition at prerelease because I was so excited about this game. Not going to lie, I would pay it again to see the main class stories continue.

I paid £50 because Game.co.uk England's one true video game retailer went into administration

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I payed $150 for the collectors edition at prerelease because I was so excited about this game. Not going to lie, I would pay it again to see the main class stories continue.
Both my wife & I have the prerelease CE. I don't know about $150.00, but I'd easily pay special edition CoD money (sans the season pass cost - essentially half that) for annual expansions that added one planet with 5 levels of class story for each class every 12 months. Edited by GalacticKegger

I found it a little unsatisfying that for the Sith class story most of what i did was fight other Sith. its like for every 1 new Sith they have to kill 8 existing Sith, whittling their numbers unsustainablly. So a chapter 4 where i rebuild the sith empire stop killing every Sith that mildly annoys me, and beat the crap out of the Jedi and Face down Grand Master Satele.

maybe ill feel less like a double agent destroying the empire from the inside, Sith can be such traitors sometimes, and when your not a traitor to the empire your a traitor to the Sith, you cant win.

SO some extra story to redeem myself im all for it, rather not pay for it though.

No!

Don't put Story content in the CM.

I don't think Cartel Market was the idea... I of course am opposed to that as well... people with the most money get the most content... that's pretty dumb. But I like the idea of having 'story content packs', though I'm confident there is a better way than the Cartel Market.

• 2 weeks later...

/Signed, although I do think that more classs stories would be a major undertaking, and one that they would have to release all at once, instead of bringing in one or two classes at a time, simply to not annoy the specific class fanboys.

I can see this being launched as a major expansion pack, similar to Makeb, but possibly larger. Hopefully not more expensive though. I do disagree with it being free though. As much as free would be good, it isn't very realistic. Everyone involved would like to see some kind of return on their investment. I'm expecting it to be more expensive than Makeb, starting at about £20, but I hope they offer the same deal as they did for Makeb - half price for subscribers.

How about a mission editor, allow you to make your own stories. It does not need voice overs Text is just fine if that is a concern!!!

City of Heroes was moving that direction with their mission creator.

Edited by sethdil

How about a mission editor, allow you to make your own stories. It does not need voice overs Text is just fine if that is a concern!!!

I don't really think that would work...

Also, a lot of the attraction is in the VA's, why get rid of that?

VA is a big part of the game, and story is a big part of Star Wars. I don't see them ever allowing players to make their own stories. It just isn't the Star Wars style.

• 4 weeks later...

The post I respond to is about 6 months old but that won't stop responding to it.

cut the cartel market content in half and sell us class stories instead of new packs

That would be awesome!! But, like other posters already remarked, I wonder how easy that would be to create and implement.

We don't need to explore new planets.

I disagree to that! Actually I am thinking of a doing a suggestion, but haven't worked it in my mind, to implement *more* planets — not fully developed [game-wise I mean] planets like the ones we have, but some planets that mainly serve to explore, and to add to the impression of a huge galaxy. Preferably even lower level planets. Like WoW, this game offers a fairly linear route to level, instead of a true open world.

I totally support this, especially if it's possible to have advanced class-specific story packs. How a Sith Warrior fights a war with the Republic is different from how an Inquisitor fights it. Having "One story per planet that fits all" is OK but in some ways doesn't make sense as for example the Makeb story line is how I'd imagine an agent doing things but not my Juggernaut who should be leading the front lines.

• 4 weeks later...