Thread: skill tree's
View Single Post

Soljin
03.17.2019 , 10:24 AM | #5
The obsession with balance in games that you can literally buy a max level character kind of makes me giggle a bit.

That aside I have always preferred spec diversity over class "balance". I do not find it more fun to have fewer choices on character building and diversity in a RPG game ever (Core aspects of what makes an RPG fun and interesting).

Class balance is a myth anyway. If you achieve perfect balance and then take a look you will realize you have one class with abilities named several different things for different "Classes" AKA one class with different names and ability names and graphics that all do essentially the same thing. That is really what you are asking for if you push for perfect class balance.

Really the only way to solve this is to have skill point advancement systems with no actual class so that everyone has access to the same skills if they choose them....and make sure there is a vast selection. No classes at all. Of course its not going to happen in SWToR so that is that.

People dont want a paper/rock/scissors system either because generally when people talk about balance they are talking about 1 vs 1 regardless of "the game being balanced around group play (Trinity system variant)".

The only way to avoid class/spec trimming in a class based system is to toss balance out the window... Not going to happen unless you introduce a way for all classes to increase their power to compensate. Like introduce RnG weapon stat generation with a high cap and just embrace the concept that some players are OP but everyone can be. Also not likely because that is not a safe model and would be hard to predict.

Basically the hybrid system is not likely to return because its "too hard".
I want my SWG...
#Remove RnG
Refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/rqkzQz