Update on Ability Delay from Georg

AllisonBerryman

What I would really like to know: how do the developers feel about "cinematic combat" being partially responsible for ability delay and general game awkwardness. When I hit an ability that's instant I expect something to happen instantly, not to have to finish the previous animation, start the animation for the ability I hit, and finally have an action performed.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tol Barad was never as bad as Illum, Hell even old school AV with windriders, shredding machines, and loktar summoned wasnt as bad as illum.

Wintergrasp was awful though. My guild during wotlk had to take breaks during raidhours when Wintergrasp battles were going on, since they lagged the entire server. Even had some guilds transfering to low population realms so they could have lagfree progress raiding.

Though I suppose Cataclysm did very well with hundreds of people not getting into the queue and trying to get a wincount by standing on the bridge, leading into the zone, at the right time.

Edit: On topic: I hope this gets fixed fast. Using Ravage on my sith warrior and only hitting the air is making me want to kill myself.

Edited by Monetaa

Lol, well said Mormack. ;)

I just get tired of people thinking that someone who invests their life into a multi-year project is just going to throw it away like its nothing. It makes No sense.

Entitled Generation is Entitled.

glad to see someone of the issues related to peoples hardware to be honest. Since i was not experiencign this issue made it hard to see what the fuss was about. let alone people claimign some of us were not truthful when we woudl say what delay.

My comp doesn't have a dual core so I haven't been able to play yet, although I own the game. It sucks waiting but in the meantime the bugs are getting worked out. I've also had a chance to read the a dozen or so STar wars books to really get myself emersed in the universe. Good stuff.

I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

So, would you rather they not fix it at all? "It should have been fixed already" is unacceptable. They don't own a time machine and they can't just go back and change something. They keep us in the loop about updates and this is the kind of crap they get for it? Can Bioware even win at this point with people like you? At this point, I wish more of "you" would just unsubscribe. All you do is scream "that's not good enough" when you have no idea what it takes to patch a game like this. I mean really, what do you want them to do other than fix it when they will or magically change the past? I really wanna hear your response to this.

10/10 I raged

tl;dr Nothing we can do now but move forward. Come at me, bro.

Did it say 1.2? No, I believe it said next update...which eludes to the so far weekly updates.

Correct. Nobody said 1.2. The improvements mentioned in the blog post are urgent and there is no reason for us to wait for a major content release to roll them out.

Please note that we are very deliberate and careful when using the words 'soon' or 'very soon'. We don't use them lightly.

Great news.

My only concern would be that in some cases the delay is caused because instant abilities have animations that don't register the effect until the animation is complete.

Its fine for me, but I am sure many others will continue to not like how that works.

Well I'm very glad the PVPers are happy so now we can get back to the other 90% of the game, development wise.

This effects EVERYONE. It can affect PvE just as much as PvP. You probably don't even realize it because you are so used to button mashing your abilities to compensate.

Does this mean when I use smash it will be used when I clicked it or not wasted when I get knocked backed. Nothing worse than using smash s the same time you get knock backed and having the ability go off at the new location your character got launched to. Being melee you spend a lot of time being knocked back and I watch so many times as I waste smash such an important ability in pvp.

Oh and please nerf smash and move the damage to other abilities. :)

Well you know, beta testers pointed out this problem 6+ months ago and we were ignored. Now they act like it was just discovered.

So shove your worthless comment up your pie hole. No one likes being ignored.

You cannot prove you were ignored...Most likely it simply wasn't as critical of a fix as many many many other fixes were...either that or everything they tried up until recently broke 500 different things after fixing the 1.

The Point is they are working on it. They care, but unless its 100% perfect at launch, its not good enough for the trolls. They have been rather open about it. Sure they haven't said something every day but they let us know they were working on it and they let us know they have a patch that should fix it.

Once again, Entitled Generation is Entitled.

Broski I ran WoW on a single core HP now I have a quad core and your telling me its a issue with duel core computers? enough with the lies. It doesn't matter what the cause of the problems is, if you took your creative finger pointing ideas into actually fixing the damn task you might actually have a working solution now, not an "um a er, maybe?" reply.

I'm curious. Did you ignore all the pleas from beta? Why now are you acting like it's a new issue?

We've had this problem SINCE EARLY BETA. It was THE #1 issue (easily) that everyone wanted taken care off FIRST.

It still plagues our game play TO THIS DAY and it's unacceptable that this wasn't fixed IN BETA.

Bioware still has a TON to learn about what needs to be put at the top of list. PRIORITIZE. This is ridiculous and I'm beyond pissed that we still have to deal with this a month after the game has been released, and likely much much longer.

SHAME ON YOU BIOWARE.

not only that look at the subs now from 400.000 too 200.000

its a cash thing only. this game. resub and hope . when beta testing new aboutthis. erm

You cannot prove you were ignored...Most likely it simply wasn't as critical of a fix as many many many other fixes were...either that or everything they tried up until recently broke 500 different things after fixing the 1.

The Point is they are working on it. They care, but unless its 100% perfect at launch, its not good enough for the trolls. They have been rather open about it. Sure they haven't said something every day but they let us know they were working on it and they let us know they have a patch that should fix it.

Once again, Entitled Generation is Entitled.

I don't think you truly realize how much fuss was made over this before the game was anywhere near release. So it's understandable that there are annoyed people about this very serious issue.

You probably haven't done any serious raiding yet. If you have, you would realize how serious it is to have your abilities not respond to button presses. It can mean the difference between a wipe that adds 30 minutes to your raid time and a clean kill for phat lewts.

Better late than never? Sure. But Bioware ignoring the issue and now making a fuss over it is a slap in the face to the people who took time to beta test their game.

Whatever I'm done arguing with you lowbies.