So, the mysterious object Canderous encountered...

RaptureRocker

Was it a Vong ship? He says it was unlike anything he'd ever seen, with highly advanced weapons, and it left the known galaxy. All of that points to the Vong. Sorry if I'm slow at picking up on this, but it's been a long, LONG time since I went through that conversation with him, and back then I knew nothing about the Yuuzahn Vong.

Was it a Vong ship? He says it was unlike anything he'd ever seen, with highly advanced weapons, and it left the known galaxy. All of that points to the Vong. Sorry if I'm slow at picking up on this, but it's been a long, LONG time since I went through that conversation with him, and back then I knew nothing about the Yuuzahn Vong.

im not sure if the vong were used in comics back then, it might have been a Teaser, but yes it supports that it was the Vong

See, I recall that back then, everybody had a theory. And nobody had a damned clue whatsoever. Then today, I just happened to check some stuff on Wookieepedia, and came across the Vong's ships, the coralskippers, or whatever? Knights of the Old Republic is listed under appearances.

Oh, and I just did some digging. The vong were introduced in a novel in 1999. So they were very much around by the time KOTOR came out, so it's a very good possibility.

id like to see this as a ingame Plot, really would spice things up, lets say some Vong break off from the main Force and decide to Cleanse the galaxy on their own a bit early, and they take control of a world and it will be a Kaon under siege scenario except that theyve bombed the planet to the ground and whatnot

What Canderous was describing was indeed a Vong Coralskipper. They are the fighters the Vong use. Over the course of the 4000+ years leading up to the NJO series of novels the Vong would send out small scouting sorties to poke around the edges of the galaxy. For a long time, however, they had no interest to actually invade. If I remember correctly it wasn't until the last 50 to 100 years or so that plans to invade were set in motion.

I would not want to see them in the game in any form except MAYBE as a flashpoint where you are investigating the disappearance of a science team and come across a scouting team on a Far Rim or Wild Space planet.

Edited by Kilikaa

The vong imo (especially aesthetically, despite coming first) are glorified space Darkspawn that are supposed to be so great, powerful, and mighty. I am fine with adding new villains or creating more interesting cultures (why I love Old Republic era Mandos) but I am definitely perplexed as it why it was a good idea to introduce a race from another galaxy that slaughters endlessly and then end the series by making peace with that race. :confused:

It would be interesting to encounter a Vong raiding party, or perhaps a group that splits off and attacks early. Perhaps they'd call themselves something other than the Yuuzhan Vong, and the name and info is lost to legends and folklore. They'd make for a killer Flashpoint or Operation.

The vong imo (especially aesthetically, despite coming first) are glorified space Darkspawn that are supposed to be so great, powerful, and mighty. I am fine with adding new villains or creating more interesting cultures (why I love Old Republic era Mandos) but I am definitely perplexed as it why it was a good idea to introduce a race from another galaxy that slaughters endlessly and then end the series by making peace with that race. :confused:

Now it has been quite a while since I read up on Vong history so I may have some things wrong, but here goes...

The Yuuzhan Vong were originally native to the living planet Zonama Sekot. This means that they were also originally native to the galaxy. They may have also at one been point have been part of the Living Force like everything else. Something happened, however, and they were kicked off the planet, separated from the Force and banished from the galaxy.

Peace was made with them due to the re-emergence of Zonama Sekot over Coruscant. That was a huge factor to ending the war. Now mind you the Vong were being defeated by this time but the arrival of Zonama Sekot helped bring the war to a quicker end.

Like I said, it has been a long time since I have read up on Vong history and all this is from pure memory. If I am wrong on any of it I apologize in advance. But hopefully there is enough here that is correct, or close enough, that it clarifies some things for you :)

Edited by Kilikaa

The Vong connection to the KotoR-era can get even a bit more esoteric than Canderous' encounter.

In Marvel Comics' "Planet of the Hoojibs," issue -- the one that introduces Plif and the planet, there's a creature called the slivilith. Mind you, this story was in the 80's, well before the Vong.

Wizards of the Coast produced an Alien Anthology role-playing game supplement, after NJO had begun, that retroactively identified the Marvel slivilith as being a sort of Vong "probe droid," and they'd been sending the things out for thousands and thousands of years.

it was not a "ship" it was a non-sentient creature created by the vong to act as a probe.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Slivilith

^

No. The Vong originated outside of the galaxy and Zonama Sekot was a seed of their original planet that was destroyed.

Like I said, been quite a while since reading about the Vong. Thanks for clearing this up for me. Working strictly from memory is a bad idea when it comes to Star Wars lol.