Question for the Devs: Set bonuses going forward.

I'd have posted this on the PTS, but they closed the forum before the question had occurred to me.

My understanding currently is that when 2.0 hits the set bonuses that are currently attached to Rakata/Columi/Tionese shells are supposed to transfer to the armorings that are currently in those pieces. I've also heard that they're just going to go away period, and lots of other things so please if someone knows for sure please correct me if I'm wrong. On the PTS I had one piece of Rakata keep the set bonus (though I didn't check to see if it was on the armoring though I got a warning when I replaced it with an Arkanian armoring that I was destroying the old set bonus), and one piece didn't keep it so I want clarification on this as well.

The BIG question for me though, assuming my understanding is correct, is what happens to shells that currently have no armoring in them? Will they just lose their set bonus entirely? Will they transfer that set bonus to the first armoring that gets put in those shells?

Any clarification on this would be great.

What I know is the bonus set from a columi shell will be transfered to armoring if it is the original one. If you put the black hole armoring on that shell now you`ll lose the bonus on update 2.0. I don`t know if you can keep the bonus after 2.0, if you put that armoring on another shell.

If you put a campaign armoring on that shell, you`ll keep the bonus.

From what I understand all set bonuses for lvl 55 gear is ONLY obtainable from the gear you get from running the ops, any mods RE'ed will lose the set bonus. So I imagine they will A) make the set bonus for Tier 1 gear switch from the shell to the armoring mod (IE: campaign gear) or B) Remove all set bonuses from Tier 1 gear to keep people from circumventing the requirement to run ops in order to get the set bonus in the high end gear.

Otherwise people will be able to just buy RE'ed lvl 55 OP's gear mods and put them in the Tier 1 OP's gear shells and have their set bonus without ever doing the OP's run. Which Bioware doesn't want.

From what I understand all set bonuses for lvl 55 gear is ONLY obtainable from the gear you get from running the ops, any mods RE'ed will lose the set bonus. So I imagine they will A) make the set bonus for Tier 1 gear switch from the shell to the armoring mod (IE: campaign gear) or B) Remove all set bonuses from Tier 1 gear to keep people from circumventing the requirement to run ops in order to get the set bonus in the high end gear.

Otherwise people will be able to just buy RE'ed lvl 55 OP's gear mods and put them in the Tier 1 OP's gear shells and have their set bonus without ever doing the OP's run. Which Bioware doesn't want.

Well set bonuses have been attached to armorings since 1.2 and you could never get a set bonus by REing armorings.

On the PTS I had transferred my commando who is using two rakata pieces with Reflex Armoring 27s in them. One crafted and one from a hazmat boots drop from Writhing Horror. The gloves still had the set bonus. The boots didn't so I've seen both.

As to what happens to set bonuses for gear with no mods in them at all, I just have no clue at this point.

Well set bonuses have been attached to armorings since 1.2 and you could never get a set bonus by REing armorings.

On the PTS I had transferred my commando who is using two rakata pieces with Reflex Armoring 27s in them. One crafted and one from a hazmat boots drop from Writhing Horror. The gloves still had the set bonus. The boots didn't so I've seen both.

As to what happens to set bonuses for gear with no mods in them at all, I just have no clue at this point.

Its nothing to do with crafting set bonuses (which you never have been able to do). The highest grade mods could be made and placed into (free) tionese gear to get a full set bonus from the shell along with BiS stats from the mods, without ever setting foot in a flashpoint / operation.

But yea atm, there seems to be a huge inconsistency with the behaviour of old armour shells with set bonuses transferring to the new 2.0 system.

Edited by Marb

my question is this,

I am using the battlemaster gear for my sage because I wanted that setbonus as opposed to whatever I get from the armorings. Will I be able to retain that setbonus going forward?

When I transferred over my operative healer where I used 2 pc pvp and 2 pc pve set bonus, I lost the set bonus for pvp pcs. I had black hole armorings in battlemaster shells. My understanding is just the pve set bonuses transfer to the armorings... not the pvp set bonuses.

When I transferred over my operative healer where I used 2 pc pvp and 2 pc pve set bonus, I lost the set bonus for pvp pcs. I had black hole armorings in battlemaster shells. My understanding is just the pve set bonuses transfer to the armorings... not the pvp set bonuses.

It does transfer. On the pts my battlemaster set bonus was there but when I ripped an armoring out, the set bonus on that specific piece permanently attaches to the armoring on extraction.

It sounds like its just not working at all for some people though.

What I know is the bonus set from a columi shell will be transfered to armoring if it is the original one. If you put the black hole armoring on that shell now you`ll lose the bonus on update 2.0. I don`t know if you can keep the bonus after 2.0, if you put that armoring on another shell.

If you put a campaign armoring on that shell, you`ll keep the bonus.

This isn't how it worked on the PTS. Where are you getting your data?

When I copied my toon to the PTS, my Columi gloves with Black Hole armoring in it became Black Hole armoring with set bonus. And my Tionese boots with Hazmat armoring became Hazmat armoring with set bonus.

I was able to put these armorings into adaptive gear and keep te full set bonus.

This isn't how it worked on the PTS. Where are you getting your data?

When I copied my toon to the PTS, my Columi gloves with Black Hole armoring in it became Black Hole armoring with set bonus. And my Tionese boots with Hazmat armoring became Hazmat armoring with set bonus.

I was able to put these armorings into adaptive gear and keep te full set bonus.

Same for me. My gear had 27 Armor in the Rakata Shell and the Set Bonus moved and imprinted the SLOT on that armor as well. Moved my 27 Armor from the UGLY Headpiece I kept hidden into my Karraga Helmet and it kept the set bonus very nicely.

Any Tion/Colum/Rakata that did NOT have armor had one "Added" by the system (So you couldn't insert armor later and pull set bonus off gear).

So I've made sure I at LEAST have a full set of FIVE 27 Armor for my favorite toons in set bonus gear so I've a complete set. :)

Can I get an answer devs for how it's SUPPOSED to work?

No you can't.

When they don't tell anyone how it is intended to work, they do not need to answer for their failure when it is not working as intended.

Then whatever way it will end up working, whether that will be the same way they originally intended or not, they can just say that it is the way they intended it.

Everything in every MMO ever is always Working as intended.