Foreman crusher doesn't like shields?

I tanked Foreman crusher in KP with my assassin tank, who is reasonably well geared for an alt. All i can see is it must be bugged.

Stats:

20k HP

50% shield chance (with dark ward)

42% absorption

25% defence

6.6k Armour

Note, the 50% shield chance with dark ward, for those unfamilair on how it works:

It increases chance to block by 15% or 20% with set bonus, it has 8 charges, each shield block reduces the charge by 1.

This allows you to see very clearly see whether or not your shield is firing or not.

I found that when stood infront of him it almost never, ever ever procc'd my shield. At first i thought i was just not being observant and missed the ward run out. After about a minute of this (leading up to the first frenzy) i decided to count, as i had nothing better to be doing at that moment, It procc'd once. Then during the frenzy where he hits you probably twice a second, it procc'd 5 times throughout. It then procc'd twice from the end of the first frenzy, to the start of the second. Where i popped CD's and weathered the storm.

How can this be possible? I appreciate that at 50% (like a coin) you can get 10 heads in a row, etc etc but the chances of doing this consistantly drop drastically with each attempt. This is evidently bugged. I know he doesn't hit hard, but why bother with tank stats if they're just going to be ignored. Furthermore, it isn't like his attacks are unshieldable, otherwise they wouldn't have procc'd it the odd one time or two.

A very odd bug to have, and now i've noticed, i wonder what other mobs are affected by it.