Crafting Profession Changes in patch 1.1.2

GeorgZoeller

so if i go into a warzone naked i should be able to kill a BM player huh

Seeing your bag logic I can understand totally you guys posting this garbage.

whats the point of grinding anything if you give it to everyone FOR FREE

GG bioware yet another mistake your going to make

wow just wow

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad idea on the improved success of RE efforts.

Better to just remove the chance of discovering the same schematic already discovered..

I like artifacts and epics being RARE, especially at the high lvls. Although I suppose given how easy it is to kit out in PVP elite gear, it doesn't really matter anyway.

What's your Problem Bw? Swtor is'nt a game for pvp, thats only pve - That Pvp sh..., what you done there is absolutly uselee:

Bad performence

Unfair belancing

to many bugs that were used by players and no item roll back is your way?!

Stopp talking about PVP and take that sh... as a reason to reduce biochem

Edited by Ayaria

Their last paragraph that is completely vague and says nothing solid about how they plan on fixing any of the the problems crafting actually has?

Get real.

When devs talk about stuff they have in the works, they HAVE to be vague because not all of their ideas are final and people will get disappointed (butthurt) when their favorite ideas end up not making it.

Get realistic.

Lets see how you can fix crew skills!

Don't nerf biochem, keep rakata more powerful or at the very least equal

Buff other crew skills... how? Let's say you make mod 24 BoE and make BoP mod 25 that requires skill 400. That way people can sell strong 24 BoE mods while having 25 as BoP for themselves. Hey, a perk!

I don't understand why they nerfed Biochem again. Rakata worse than Exotech?

It shouldn't have been nerfed. Adrenals and stims need to stay better or at the very very least equal. (Equal if you simply want it as a money saver, or stronger if you want it to be more powerful and a money saver).

Or maybe... If you don't want biochem to save so much money while other crew skills will have to spend $$ on stims, adrenals and medpac during progression... You can change all rakata stims/adrenals/medpac to be something like an items you can use which simply increase the stats of the stim that you use by 10%. (Or whatever the right number is so it equals other crew skills). This is also a nerf to biochem, because if you don't use a stim, your stats suffer... So if you prefer you can change it to a +25 of a certain stat (depending on the Rakata crafted), or whatever the right number is... to make it a permanent perk.

This will help the economy.

All crew skills will be fixed then.

People will actually do dailies instead of sitting with so much credits and just rolling biochem as a money saver for progression.

Edited by MasterBash

Just a general post to all of the "PVE" trolls who keep bashing PvP saying/claiming SWTOR is not for PvP or PvP ruins MMORPGS or even PvP Has no place in MMORPGs.. I want to direct your attention to the only major title which released without meaningful PvP and draw your attention to it's history. The title is called "Lord of the Rings Online". The game for pve is probably the most rock solid and well thought out progression systems around. Pretty good crafting, nice classes, good skills, interesting questlines, based on a successful IP (like star wars) etc.

The game is considered a resounding failure even among failures due to the lack of any meaningful form of PvP. It now stands as the example by which all future games will be judged. NO Game no matter how polished and excellent will ever be successful without PvP. And after Lotro no developer with a brain will make the same mistake again. ;)

If you hate pvp so much and want the carebear type let's all hold hands and be everyones friend type game.. Lotro is exactly what you are looking for. There's two types of servers, PVE and RP.

Edited by Aethyrprime

I do not think the price of the purple material from missions is really what matters. Actually that one is pretty cheap compared to the price of some of the green things you need to buy or slowly farm just to be able to craft those stims and Adrenals.

If I have to run in circles for one hour to get enough red goo, I will charge that time as if I were running in circles doing daily quests, combined with the cost for the quick growth agents and some other commodities, that usually nets you the price of the stuff on your server.

IF RAKATA (REUSABLE) IS BEING NERFED TO BE THE SAME STATS AS EXOTECH (REUSABLE) THEN WHATS THE POINT IN USING RAKATA?!?!?!

Bioware.. are you trolling? or do you seriously not even play your own game?

Yea it's worse than that actually. Nerfed to Energized level, that is, worse than Exotech. That's pretty dumb.

Why should my 'requires 400 of X profession to use' item be worse than a BoE anyone can use? I don't think you understand the MMO min-maxing mentality yet, Bioware. If it's worse, people won't use it. Worse is useless. Worse means, instead of everyone being Biochem (which I agree is a bad thing) and a few people being Armotech or Sythweaving it will be a few people with Biochem (to pick up patterns in ops) and most everyone with Armortech or Sythweaving.

Make the Biochem epic craftables as good as the best stuff anyone else can get (Exotech) but reusable as it's advantage. That's what a player should be able to get by going through the trouble of leveling up professions to gear themselves out. Making the stuff a player gets from leveling their profession to max and crafting the epic stuff worse than the BoE stuff everyone else gets just makes no sense.

Edited by MaxDeeps

Hi,

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

One way to fix this is the way RIFT recently changed their PvP, and do bolstering for people under a certain Valor rank so they aren't getting 1 shot by battlemasters.

Hi,

I wanted to drop some notes on the changes made to the BioChem profession in the patch (1.1.2) that just went onto the Public Test Server, how they fit in the big picture and how we are proceeding forward with crafting professions in endgame in general.

First off, we removed the requirement to have the BioChem profession to use Energized and Exotech stims and adrenals. This was done to (a) remove pressure of players to pick up BioChem for optimal combat performance and (b) to open up the sale of BioChem products to a larger audience on the Galactic Trade Network.

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power. We are also in progress of reviewing the creation costs of many consumables in the game against the economic realities (acquisition cost of purple mission materials on our live servers) and will likely make adjustments to these in the future.

It is our intention to gradually, over multiple patches, reduce the impact of situational consumables on endgame combat resolution and shift the factors which determine the outcome of combat more towards personal skill. As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

On a more general note about crafting, our changes to make BioChem consumables freely tradeable are just a small first step as part of a larger scale effort to extend our crafting gameplay, for all professions, into the endgame.

Major changes are currently on schedule for the next major content patch, such as extractable basemods (armoring, barrel, etc.) from purple items, critical crafting successes on orange outfits, more bind-on-equip schematic drops for artifice and other professions, increased relevance of augments, better reverse engineering chance, and other improvements. We want to create significant incentive for players to engage in the crafting economy – as provider of goods or supplier - without requiring players to take up a specific profession as a ticket into endgame.

Long term, our plan is to evolve Star Wars: The Old Republic’s game economy to a more player driven model, strengthen and improve the GTN and embrace the game’s extensive appearance customization throughout the game. We have a long list of improvements planned for that but we’re also anxious to hear from you. Feel free to use this thread to give us your feedback on the topic!

Regards

Georg

First thing is first, which should be simple. More GTN terminals on planets. Making me fly to the fleet all the time just to use them as they are the easiest to find is ANNOYING. And because they aren't easy to find or get to, they aren't used.

Edited by joeypesci

Lots of whining and moaning here, but there are some things which worries me in the first post.

The biggest one is how you intend to make the gap between new lvl 50 and pvp geared level 50'ies smaller........

So you are telling me, that getting 60 levels, then farming uncounted number of bags with a tiny chance of drops for weeks or month's on end, should in the end mean that im still equal to someone who just came out of their class quest and hit 50 ??

I get it feels unfair when you are geared in crap and get owned by Battlemasters and so, I made a new level 50 after done with my first one because I didnt enjoy it and got owned non-stop by people in better gear, yet this is how the game works, this is the incentive to improve and get better gear.

So whats the next step, make sure that Raid gear give the same stats as the level 50 set you can aquire ?, maybe drop stats all together and let people spend weeks or month's raiding for a chance to look better, but nothing else ?

Come on, being higher level/geared need to mean something or there's no reason to go for it.

Also whenever you do all this nerfing, remember you are punishing the existing players, forcing them into or away from certain paths without any recompense.

sorry, but hitting battlemaster isn't an achievement. all you need to get there is time, as long as you're doing pvp, even if you lose, getting to 60 is an inevitability.

an inevitability can never be an achievement. being rewarded for having more free time on your hands than someone else, especially when it comes to pvp and progression, is entirely the wrong way to do it.

Drop the linear game and add more sandbox fluff stuff. Thats how you can make a MMO last for years..

Sandbox/crafting/harvesting/collecting/exploring/mining/pvp etc all in a sandbox jacket have no end and you can do it for years..

the story ended at lvl 50..(linear junk)

Make HARVESTING a part of the game..many people like it and make a living with it ingame..Make that harvesting game also fun..like in starwars galaxies.

Press N..send companion is not fun..needs no skill...rare resources should be on far far away places on rare locations and dangerous

There is currently no such thing as "extensive appearance customization throughout the game".

+1

You devs told us there is a orange piece of modable gear to match every piece of green gear. Well, where are they? Because my maxed armormech and armstech toons with maxed underworld trading, investigation, and slicing, sure can't find them anywhere. They aren't showing up on the GTN either as schematics or finished products. All I see on the GTN are the same few pieces of gear day in and day out. Many of them are the exact same item but with a different name/color/class or faction restriction. Which brings up another question. Why are orange items, which are just skins, class or faction restricted? These restrictions bar us from putting these items on companions, which means I'm walking around at end game with companions that look like circus clowns.

As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

This is ********.....

So now the fresh 50 lvl noob will be equal to hard grinded fully pvp geared player ?

Then i will say - bb another subscription [yes my sub in this case]....

I didnt worked my *** off to get champion and later battlemaster sets to be grounded equal with any fresh 50 lvl noob, the gear gathering have its purposes in mmo, so the ones that put an effort in actually working hard to get best gear have more power than the ones without it.

BW is obviously not the company that should run this mmo, for players sake - sell the SW license to some company that wont butcher it like you are doing right now.......

As part of this effort, specifically for PvP, we are also working on changes that will reduce the gear related power difference between new characters at level 50 and players in full PvP gear. We feel that at the current time, this difference is too high.

This is ********.....

So now the fresh 50 lvl noob will be equal to hard grinded fully pvp geared player ?

I didnt worked my *** off to get champion and later battlemaster sets to be grounded equal with any fresh 50 lvl noob, the gear gathering have its purposes in mmo, so the ones that put an effort in actually working hard to get best gear have more power than the ones without it.

BW is obviously not the company that should run this mmo, for players sake - sell the SW license to some company that wont butcher it like you are doing right now.......

And which company would that be?

I really hope that these people with comprehension issues are not reflective of the IQ of the general comunity.

Feedback to Bioware; I understand that your trying to communicate future development to the community, but unless you spell it out in a war and peace post there are always going to be those in that the community that conflate what you are actually saying with their own personal worst case scenario. Either hold off till you have more details, or ignore that segment of the community.

I look forward to seeing the changes implemented, especially the expanded schematics for several skills that are lacking variety at present. Oh and can someone please tell us your working on the item que bugs?

Thanks

I cancelled my sub today without reading this news... luckily it has 14 days left on it, which is plenty of time to see how this progresses and reactivate.

Although my reasons for leaving the game aren't game related, any attempt to make the game more skill based is a huge plus in my book.

This is ********.....

sorry, but hitting battlemaster isn't an achievement. all you need to get there is time, as long as you're doing pvp, even if you lose, getting to 60 is an inevitability.

an inevitability can never be an achievement. being rewarded for having more free time on your hands than someone else, especially when it comes to pvp and progression, is entirely the wrong way to do it.

let me add to this. it doesn't require EFFORT to hit battlemaster, it only requires TIME. because you can grind out valor whether you win, lose, or draw. that means that the outcome does not require either effort or skill. it only requires you to show up.

that is not what pvp should be based on. pvp should always be based on skill first, and gear last.

i've actually stopped doing pvp because i find it BORING to just nuke new 50's all day. and i play a guardian in tank spec... i shouldn't be hitting ANYONE for 2-3k damage, but i am because of the broken expertise stat.

My idea about the crew skills is to give more depth and maybe complexity to the system by adding a feature we have seen in other MMOs, EXPERIMENTATION.

This way instead of having a ton of identical recipes, that looks the same, and have exactly same stats but swapping willpower, aim, cunning .... we are given a general recipe and the ability to "experiment" it to the stat we want, so we have something to do other than press the craft button and makes our recipes book more straight forward.

Also it opens the door for more improvements, if you add an "experiment" slot to items we could craft those experiment mods, those could also be experimented for precise stat and improved results depending in our luck (critical?) and experimentation skill, a new gear/talent stat we could hoard from PvE loot for our carfting equipment.

If you have played SWG you probably know what im saying, if not lets put an example:

Stim recipe that now adds X willpower and Y power for 60 mins, would be changed to give Y Power for Z mins and have an experimentation slot.

First we would craft the experiment mod, and in the crafting i would experiment it to 80% willpower and 20% critical rating, i get a critical success and end up with a 18 willpower and 4 critical rating mod, the i craft the stim, in the crafting window i add the mod to the base stim recipe and decide to experiment on stim's duration, at the end of the process i end up with a fully customized recipe that gives willpower, power and a bit of critical rating for lets say 72 minutes (instead of the initial 60).

Additionally, we've reduced the effectiveness of the BioChem exclusive Rakata Stimpacks to be equal to Energized stimpacks. Their intended benefit is the cost savings they provide over time, not an increase in power.

So, essentially, you are making Rakata Stimpacks not endgame viable and virtually useless. They will be actually worse than Exotech non-reusable stimpacks which will now be required for operations.

Their intended benefit of cost savings will cease to exist as they will no longer be allowed by raid leaders in any serious raiding guild.

To illustrate what I'm talking about here are the links to both Energized and Exotech stims (reflex stim as an example)

Energized: http://www.torhead.com/item/aEQrCiU/energized-reflex-stim

Exotech: http://www.torhead.com/item/8UdUYdP/exotech-reflex-stim

Welcome to the world of useless professions biochemists - the only endgame viable profession will be no longer viable. The whole crafting system will now be entirely useless while developers figure out how to fix it which will take an unspecified amount of time ('no specifics yet' is a quotation from one of the dev's posts).

My suggestion for saving Biochem while you figure out how to fix all the skills - make Rakata equal to Exotech.

Edited by vandana_

Their intended benefit of cost savings will cease to exist as they will no longer be allowed by raid leaders in any serious raiding guild.

Well, you still need a guy to make the consumable versions right? And what does a "serious" raiding guild need with cost savings? All you do is slog through the highest rewarding end-game content every day ad nauseum. I think you can afford the stims.

Not every item has to make sense to raiders. Some of us PVP. Some of us start new characters. Some of us don't stay awake at night because one of our gear slots is sub-optimal.

Well, you still need a guy to make the consumable versions right? And what does a "serious" raiding guild need with cost savings? All you do is slog through the highest rewarding end-game content every day ad nauseum. I think you can afford the stims.

Not every item has to make sense to raiders. Some of us PVP. Some of us start new characters. Some of us don't stay awake at night because one of our gear slots is sub-optimal.

You are ignorant in your statements but I'll answer anyway.

On the highest raid difficulty every slot in your gear should matter and you should be seeking anything that could give you the edge including the best possible consumables. And whatever you may think the reality (get real) is that those consumables are required by ops leaders.

So 4 hours of serious raiding means 4 times money saved on a consumable. Hope you got it.

Edited by vandana_