Purchased mounts shoud be legacy wide why are they not???!!!!

Mistressthunder

Played since beta and missed them adding the collections system?

I think he means all Mounts, including quest rewards, unobtainable mounts, all that, not just Cartel Pack mounts.

You can't claim a Korrellias Baron from your Collections after all, even if you're riding around on one.

Edited by Transairion

I think he means all Mounts, including quest rewards, unobtainable mounts, all that, not just Cartel Pack mounts.

You can't claim a Korrellias Baron from your Collections after all, even if you're riding around on one.

Ah. That makes more sense. He doesn't say purchased "on the CM" either.

They should add more unobtainable stuff to the collections system period.

They should add more unobtainable stuff to the collections system period.

^^This. Collections should not only be for CM items. For example, I spent months back in the days, farming my RD07a-Spider set. And the Viper set. You know, back in the days when there were not many orange sets available and they were something special. I would like to see such sets added to the collections, too. And yes, all the speeders, too. Nothing (or hardly anything) is special anymore in this game anyway.

However, I think it won't happen. My guess: technical difficulties (limitations in the game engine). ;)

My guess: technical difficulties (limitations in the game engine). ;)
Collections are a "simple" system, that has nothing or very little to do with engine. It is a XML file or some database that checks what you have.

So adding stuff to it should not be "that" problematic. The question is if BioWare wants to have non-CM stuff there.

Collections are a "simple" system, that has nothing or very little to do with engine. It is a XML file or some database that checks what you have.

So adding stuff to it should not be "that" problematic. The question is if BioWare wants to have non-CM stuff there.

BW are really inconsistent with Collections.

Example: someone asked a while ago why the original white crystals weren't in Collections. Dev response: Collections is for CM items. So if you get a Gree Red Sphere vehicle, you can't unlock it for other toons. If you get a Pale Rakling, you can't unlock it. If you get an Avalanche Tank vehicle, you can't unlock it.

Example: In Titles, they have the Founders Medal and the PTS titles. They were never available on the Cartel Market. They have the Razor crystal, they have the Collector's Edition items, they have cartel coin pets that are only available in the US. None have ever been anywhere near the Cartel Market.

So, is it only for Cartel Market items or not? We have the worst of both worlds. You can't get a full Collection, but you can't unlock the items you want.

It's super annoying.

This is true, the main reason is that they would have to enter these mounts into the database for collections, then they would have to add all the old weapons and armour into it as well, because they would have no reason not to.

Even if you limit it to stuff you can currently obtain (thus eliminating mounts, armour and weapons that has been "removed") it's would still be a sizable uptaking, with people complaining that their suff hasn't been added yet.

The main reason is that it's supposed to encourage you to buy stuff off the Cartel Coins, since everything that is sold there unlocks, and thus you can have it on all your toons/alts.

This is true, the main reason is that they would have to enter these mounts into the database for collections, then they would have to add all the old weapons and armour into it as well, because they would have no reason not to.

Even if you limit it to stuff you can currently obtain (thus eliminating mounts, armour and weapons that has been "removed") it's would still be a sizable uptaking, with people complaining that their suff hasn't been added yet.

The main reason is that it's supposed to encourage you to buy stuff off the Cartel Coins, since everything that is sold there unlocks, and thus you can have it on all your toons/alts.

Well that's not completely true, though I think at the moment it is more of a "oops that didn't get added", the Ashfall Tauntaun is as far as I can tell currently not unlockable in the collections tab in spite of being sold directly on the CM. Speaking of which, is there any Dev response on that being fixed in the future?

BW are really inconsistent with Collections.

Example: someone asked a while ago why the original white crystals weren't in Collections. Dev response: Collections is for CM items. So if you get a Gree Red Sphere vehicle, you can't unlock it for other toons. If you get a Pale Rakling, you can't unlock it. If you get an Avalanche Tank vehicle, you can't unlock it.

Example: In Titles, they have the Founders Medal and the PTS titles. They were never available on the Cartel Market. They have the Razor crystal, they have the Collector's Edition items, they have cartel coin pets that are only available in the US. None have ever been anywhere near the Cartel Market.

So, is it only for Cartel Market items or not? We have the worst of both worlds. You can't get a full Collection, but you can't unlock the items you want.

It's super annoying.

Making a lot of sense lately. Are you sure you're really crazy?

the Ashfall Tauntaun is as far as I can tell currently not unlockable in the collections tab in spite of being sold directly on the CM. Speaking of which, is there any Dev response on that being fixed in the future?

Eep. Thanks man, you just saved me a few million credits and a lot of aggravation.

Making a lot of sense lately. Are you sure you're really crazy?

Eep. Thanks man, you just saved me a few million credits and a lot of aggravation.

Yeah I went ahead and picked it up thinking I'd be able to unlock it for my other toons. I mean it's there in the collections tab under vehicles but it doesn't give you the option to unlock it on other toons currently. Like I said though I'm assuming it is something that will get fixed in the future based on other items that did the same thing, but not 100% sure.

The general rule seems to be "Cartel items and Account Reward items" (of which the items you mentioned most definitely are).

I'm guessing the reward items are there as a convenience for CS to avoid the necessity of restoring them for people who have deleted them since their unlock cost is 1cc.

The only real inconsistency (if you can even call it that) is the inclusion of things from the Cartel vendor but since those can't be unlocked or even re-claimed, they're there as more of a checklist item than anything else.

Since there are also regular Cartel items that can't be re-claimed, this isn't an inconsistent mechanic either.

As i said im not really looking for something for nothing.......my kids have wow accts i don't really like that game but when you spend real money which cartel points kinda are the purched mounts should be legacy wide....i spent the equivalent of 40 bones on mounts and they only go on one toon ...its a bummer i think when in wow they would be available on ever toon in the acct......i don't mind working for special account specific stuff but paid for stuff is different i think anyhow /shrug.

As i said im not really looking for something for nothing.......my kids have wow accts i don't really like that game but when you spend real money which cartel points kinda are the purched mounts should be legacy wide....i spent the equivalent of 40 bones on mounts and they only go on one toon ...its a bummer i think when in wow they would be available on ever toon in the acct......i don't mind working for special account specific stuff but paid for stuff is different i think anyhow /shrug.
When you buy a Cartel Vehicle (either via coins or from the GTN), you are buying ONE vehicle.

For an additional coin fee, you can have it unlocked for not just your Legacy but your entire account.

That's the way the system in SWTOR is designed to function.

It's really quite a bargain considering all Cartel items can be acquired for zero "real" money cost.

The way other games do it is irrelevant.

Yeah I went ahead and picked it up thinking I'd be able to unlock it for my other toons. I mean it's there in the collections tab under vehicles but it doesn't give you the option to unlock it on other toons currently. Like I said though I'm assuming it is something that will get fixed in the future based on other items that did the same thing, but not 100% sure.

Mine was miraculously unlockable about 2 weeks after I added it to collections and 3 days after writing a ticket about it (but before the ticket was officially answered).

What they all have in common is that they are promotional items that were unlocked/mailed out account-wide and were not obtained through gameplay. Usually, every character created gets them by default and I think they're in collections to make it easier to recover an item that was lost or accidentally deleted. Rather than just for cartel market items, you could say collections is for items not obtained through regular gameplay like quest rewards, world drops or vendor-bought items.

Edited by KyaniteD

I love the game been playing since beta but im still miffed that purchased mounts are character specific. Why not reward at least subscribers with this perk:(

Many purchased mounts ARE in fact account wide via Collections. All CM mounts are. All special promotional mounts (all promotional items in fact) are. Many faction rep mounts are.

The old NPC sold mounts are not, nor should they be frankly as they are inferior in many ways to all the other mounts now days. They are not even the least expensive mounts in most cases, given the wide range of low cost mounts sold on the GTN from C packs.

Player crafted mounts are not, and NEVER should be.

Rare drop mounts are not, and NEVER should be either.

I'm failing to see what the problem is here that is driving this complaint.

Edited by Andryah

What?? Apple and oranges comparison in how it works. As for economics comparison, in terms of using RL money to do it.. it's pretty much parity in terms of impact to your wallet. BUT.....

Dude.. it's a two part process to unlimited copies of any precious CM item you desire in this game... with the same end economic impact to you (worst case) and much less economic impact to you if you take advantage of the free trade in the player economy of CM items.

1) you acquire the CM mount (and by no means do you need to spend real money to get Cartel Coins to do this. You can buy them from other players on the GTN). You have a path that requires no "bones" on you part.

2) you pay a one time unlock fee in Collections (which in fact must indeed by with coins) and you not only get the mount legacy wide... you get it account wide.

Edited by Andryah

Welcome to 2.1

Mine was miraculously unlockable about 2 weeks after I added it to collections and 3 days after writing a ticket about it (but before the ticket was officially answered).

What they all have in common is that they are promotional items that were unlocked/mailed out account-wide and were not obtained through gameplay. Usually, every character created gets them by default and I think they're in collections to make it easier to recover an item that was lost or accidentally deleted. Rather than just for cartel market items, you could say collections is for items not obtained through regular gameplay like quest rewards, world drops or vendor-bought items.

The Ashfall Tauntaun? I was under the impression that one just became available last week or am I off on my timing?