It is now less then 24 Hours away from Strongholds

ninjonxb

I am looking forward to a few things with this update, though overall I find the feature itself very low in quality and appeal.....

1) Ability to use free stronghold as a travel gate with a mod station and legacy storage, plus a few other useful terminals

2) The buff you can use on Makeb, as well as the reduced Mob density.

Both of those things are pluses IMO. I will not complain because it is mostly free, the prices for legacy storage was reduced, and overall it will not impact me in any negative way that I can see.

It's really too bad IMO, it could have been MUCH more appealing to a wider section of the playerbase, but at least it is has SOME appeal, unlike GSF IMO that had little appeal to most of the players.

Two things I've been heavily anticipating:

1. Will the GTN course-correct itself, or will people continue undercutting existing item costs over the course of this week?

2. What will the Prefab Kits go for this week, what will they eventually stabilize at?

Two things I've been heavily anticipating:

1. Will the GTN course-correct itself, or will people continue undercutting existing item costs over the course of this week?

2. What will the Prefab Kits go for this week, what will they eventually stabilize at?

You'd probably do better by crafting them yourself.

Have two overpowered LV55's walking around planets, with Scavenging and Bioanalysis, and start assembling those mats you need.

Buying the finished product on the GTN or even the mats will be a total waste.

With any luck, you may even profit from it. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Have two overpowered LV55's walking around planets, with Scavenging and Bioanalysis, and start assembling those mats you need.

Have to correct you here, as the prefabs used to purchase decorations are made entirely of mission materials, not something you can get from nodes in the world. With the sole exception of colour crystals, of course.

It's actually quite clever that the most reviled and useless materials out there (sliced tech parts, colour crystals, and underworld cloth) will now be the biggest bottleneck in crafting universal prefab kits.

Edited by ghoul_drool

Have to correct you here, as the prefabs used to purchase decorations are made entirely of mission materials, not something you can get from nodes in the world. With the sole exception of colour crystals, of course.

It's actually quite clever that the most reviled and useless materials out there (sliced tech parts, colour crystals, and underworld cloth) will now be the biggest bottleneck in crafting universal prefab kits.

And to think I vendored thousands of those underworld cloths. :o

Fortunately I've always kept a stack or two at hand, even if they were utterly useless. (and I've started hoarding them even more after hopping on PTS)

How much credits are we talking? Hopefully noting insane like 15 million credits.

No one can answer you that.

In the end, it depends on the number of decorations you strive to acquire, not to mention the number of Strongholds you desire to have at launch.

I'll be fine with the Nar Shaddaa, plus the five FREE rooms and the affordable Strongholds on DK and Coruscant.

Tatooine will wait 'til another day.

No one can answer you that.

In the end, it depends on the number of decorations you strive to acquire, not to mention the number of Strongholds you desire to have at launch.

I'll be fine with the Nar Shaddaa, plus the five FREE rooms and the affordable Strongholds on DK and Coruscant.

Tatooine will wait 'til another day.

Yeah, I just plan on decorating what they're giving me for free too. I really want a Tatooine stornghold but I can't afford it atm. So all I plan on doing is decorating the room with the giant window. Then I'll start grinding towards a starship to place on my mini starport.

Edited by Odyseus

I'm a huge fan of this as well, breathing a whole lot of fresh air into the crafting world. What does frighten me is you mentioned color crystals, which I farmed none-of! I'd been concentrating on gemstones for the Synthetic Kits.

I'd never been a successful crafter, so I only have one character with 450/450/450 crafting skills. The rest of my alts either have no skills selected, or are floating around 0 - 70. That will all change now!

I'm a huge fan of this as well, breathing a whole lot of fresh air into the crafting world. What does frighten me is you mentioned color crystals, which I farmed none-of! I'd been concentrating on gemstones for the Synthetic Kits.

I'd never been a successful crafter, so I only have one character with 450/450/450 crafting skills. The rest of my alts either have no skills selected, or are floating around 0 - 70. That will all change now!

I converted two of my low level 'gatherers' in a biochemist (Agent for Vector's diplomacy + 5) and armstecher (Smuggler for Corso's armstech +5) for crafting the kits. Because if I understand the guides correctly, you can choose if you want to make the industrial prefabs with either underworld metals OR investigation metals, and the synthetic prefabs with underworld metals OR diplomacy materials. Well, since people are STILL throwing away crafting missions on the GTN for investigation and diplomacy like they're trash, I have been buying and running those missions for the last weeks. My stash of underworld metals will remain safe :)

Have to correct you here, as the prefabs used to purchase decorations are made entirely of mission materials, not something you can get from nodes in the world. With the sole exception of colour crystals, of course. It's actually quite clever that the most reviled and useless materials out there (sliced tech parts, colour crystals, and underworld cloth) will now be the biggest bottleneck in crafting universal prefab kits.

It's really nice to see them doing something to restore some purpose for these vestigial gathering skills and useless materials. All too often I see games go the other way, where one overused mat becomes even more overused when it becomes a bottleneck in even more processes with each new thing.

I've always told brand new players who want to make credits to take Archaelogy, Bioanalysis, and Scavenging, then sell off all the mats they gather from scanning nodes out in the world while leveling. Skills level for free, and even if you dump stuff for rock bottom prices on the GTN anything you get is pure profit.

I used to say that it was arguable whether you should take Slicing instead of Archaeology, because 50-80% of what Arch gathers is worthless. But after tomorrow it just may be the king boss farm skill of them all. And now I can FINALLY stop vendor fooding full stacks of worthless purple cloth every day on my toons with UT.

Edited by Heezdedjim

Hood toggle is the new cowbell.

I've been away for a while. Is this because it's still not in, or because Bioware Austin finally had a collective mental breakdown from all the requests and decided to actually do it?

Edited by Heezdedjim