Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community!

CourtneyWoods

lol

unstickied again. Bump to keep the egg on your face eaware for the total baubles up you made of the opportunity this holiday offered you.

If you want the game to fail so hard, why not just get it over with and put bis weapons/armour in the cash shop and just make them more powerful every 2 months. That should keep enough p2w people paying to fund your 1 programer/art studio guy/developer/community manager you have left.

^^

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all this negative feedback I think the other thing I can't get over is the cowardice.

"Guys...you are right we really dropped the ball with not having an event. Things are tight here as we had pressure to get the cartel stuff out, make changes and we can't seem to fix all those bugs. So any event was shelved, sorry."

Or even just a "Sorry, we didn't plan enough time ot do an event"

Bioware, your silence is screaming at us. It is screaming, we don't care, just give us your money.

Cowards

Stop trying to sugar coat what you are shoveling. We can all smell your BS

We got update on our great celebrations!

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121220

If you look at the bottom of page you'll see they want us to discuss the article unfortunatelly thread was locked soon after creation :(

I wonder if they know they ****ed up and just don't wanna hear about it or are still desperately trying to convince us they are doing a good job.

In all this negative feedback I think the other thing I can't get over is the cowardice.

"Guys...you are right we really dropped the ball with not having an event. Things are tight here as we had pressure to get the cartel stuff out, make changes and we can't seem to fix all those bugs. So any event was shelved, sorry."

Or even just a "Sorry, we didn't plan enough time ot do an event"

Bioware, your silence is screaming at us. It is screaming, we don't care, just give us your money.

Cowards

Stop trying to sugar coat what you are shoveling. We can all smell your BS

I would prefer having no event than a cash shop event. A cash shop event mean they did spend time working on it, but instead of sharing it for everyone, they made money with it. Which is beyond greedy.

This really makes me want to cry. I've been on a bunch of MMOs in my time, having started back when City of Heroes launched in what was it, 2004. And I've never seen this much vitriol towards an MMO before.

What breaks my heart is that this is the best MMO I've played, because all through my other MMOs I've been searching for a story MMO, and here it is, and they are DRIVING IT INTO THE GROUND. And when TOR is smoldering ashes, odds are future developers will point to it as "story doesn't sell" rather than "bad devs don't sell", and I'll never get a chance at a story MMO for a long while to come.

This is heartbreaking to watch.

Need more fireworks? Additional fireworks are available for purchase in the in-game Cartel Market.

It’s easy to participate:

Log in and take screenshots of your in-game 1st Anniversary celebration moments. Be creative! Choose a day and time to meet up with your guild or other players and create a spectacular celebration moment.

Guidelines for screenshots:

Screenshots should not be retouched or enhanced

Screenshots must solely utilize in-game environments and objects

Screenshots must be at least 800x600

We recommend turning off your User Interface

All submissions are subject to the Electronic Arts Terms of Service

Email your screenshots to celebrate_EN@swtor.com before January 2nd, 11:59PM CST.

Total email size cannot exceed 5MB.

To qualify to be featured, your email must include the following information:

Character Name(s)

Country of Origin

The following is optional, but may be included in your email:

One sentence describing what is going on in your picture

In-game location where the screenshot was taken

How long you’ve been playing the game

We look forward to your submissions and will feature our favorite 1st Anniversary celebration moments throughout the coming weeks!

Nice. . . .

And this is exactly what community events should be. Awesome little video :-)

See people, instead of whining for not getting 'free stuff in game nao!' you could just, ya know, use your own creativity and get together some people to do something awesome.

But no, you'd rather have a event in a Massive Multiplayer Online game where you can have some kind of stupid quest chain you need to be able to do alone or some other useless activities to get stuff to make your own character look 'kewl'.

MMO's are not about boasting how awesome you are to others, other people are not there to look in awe at your lack of life (or amount of free time). The strength of the genre lies in doing stuff together out of your own creativity.

Good show poster! It is a simple thing, many people lighting fireworks at the same time, but this is what MMO's are about. And not about stupid events filled with wasted Dev time so many others seem to want.

Edited by Devlonir

See people, instead of whining for not getting 'free stuff in game nao!' you could just, ya know, use your own creativity and get together some people to do something awesome.

But no, you'd rather have a event in a Massive Multiplayer Online game where you can have some kind of stupid quest chain you need to be able to do alone or some other useless activities to get stuff to make your own character look 'kewl'.

MMO's are not about boasting how awesome you are to others, other people are not there to look in awe at your lack of life (or amount of free time). The strength of the genre lies in doing stuff together out of your own creativity.

Good show poster! It is a simple thing, many people lighting fireworks at the same time, but this is what MMO's are about. And not about stupid events filled with wasted Dev time so many others seem to want.

LOL. Do you even read the threads? No one wants "free stuff! gimme nao!" They want to DO things in game. Earn things. THEY WANT TO PLAY. Why is it so hard for you fanbois to understand? Or do you just not want to so you can continue to blindly defend BW/EA? And as far as a stupid quest chain and activities to do for your characters? Yea youve lost ALL credibility to even talk on these forums now. You think MMO's are about standing around doing nothing and shooting fireworks...and not about questing, activities and playing your character? Wow. Do you even know why you are here or what video games are? We arent playing D&D with paper and pen anymore. They are DEVS. They MAKE content for us to play. We dont make our own because thats WHY WE PAY THEM. But you are right lets not waste the devs precious time with making content. Well do it all in our head on fleet. Oh the fun well have! Get out of here fanboi Im done with you now.

LOL. Do you even read the threads? No one wants "free stuff! gimme nao!" They want to DO things in game. Earn things. THEY WANT TO PLAY. Why is it so hard for you fanbois to understand? Or do you just not want to so you can continue to blindly defend BW/EA? And as far as a stupid quest chain and activities to do for your characters? Yea youve lost ALL credibility to even talk on these forums now. You think MMO's are about standing around doing nothing and shooting fireworks...and not about questing, activities and playing your character? Wow. Do you even know why you are here or what video games are? We arent playing D&D with paper and pen anymore. They are DEVS. They MAKE content for us to play. We dont make our own because thats WHY WE PAY THEM. But you are right lets not waste the devs precious time with making content. Well do it all in our head on fleet. Oh the fun well have! Get out of here fanboi Im done with you now.

A few things...

1. Yes I read these threads and yes some people feel entitled to anything and everything. The "gimmie free stuff nao! philosophy is alive and well.

2. Along with number one, you have people that want to be spoon fed activities. Can't be bothered with actually talking and socializing with others.

3. Devs are not your indentured servants. They create the content, but they don't force you to play it. You pay to play it. If you don't like it you can walk away. Simple. No religious movement required.

4. A community is more than just content. YOU have to take some responsibility in shaping that community. You want to improve the game? Be critical in a constructive way. Your tirades don't help and don't work. So put away the fanboi card. It's not working anymore. You can help or you can walk away, but please stop thinking you are the voice of reason because you are not.

1. Yes I read these threads and yes some people feel entitled to anything and everything. The "gimmie free stuff nao! philosophy is alive and well.

Yup and being charged $18.00 for a Santa speeder "limited time availibility" (that should be been free in game, or $2.00 on the cashshop) is the the what philosophy exactly?

"Price gouging for dummies"? :confused:

I find it puzzling and strange that people can find "entitlement" hiding under every rug and become :mad:ENRAGED :mad: about it constantly, yet are then perfectly fine with extortionate prices being charged for "seasonal" (in the case of the Santa Speeder Christmas, not "Life Day") tat. :eek:

Yup and being charged $18.00 for a Santa speeder "limited time availibility" (that should be been free in game, or $2.00 on the cashshop) is the the what philosophy exactly?

"Price gouging for dummies"? :confused:

I find it puzzling and strange that people can find "entitlement" hiding under every rug and become :mad:ENRAGED :mad: about it constantly, yet are then perfectly fine with extortionate prices being charged for "seasonal" (in the case of the Santa Speeder Christmas, not "Life Day") tat. :eek:

I think this mostly comes from them being two, very clear, seperate issues.

One is about a anniversary event, the other about an ingame holiday event. Honestly, I see no issue in the Life Day stuff because, frankly, I can and did choose not to spend anything on it. It was entirely optional.

May I add, that is very much unlike almost every other holiday event in almost every other MMO. Where the holiday activities get slammed in your face like a "must do this now! limited time only activity! you may miss it!!" kind of thing.

My gripe with it, and which I also made clear in my post, is that these Dev created events are, very often, as far removed from Multiplayer activities as anything. They are, usually, single player activities with sometimes one multiplayer activity (like a bonus boss in an instanced dungeon or whatever) and that's it. They are nothing more than reasons to boast eventually. Achievements that you need to spend a lot of personal time on, in a specific time frame, to complete entirely.

The only real MMO aspect comes from being able to show off what you did to other people eventually. Oh yes.. and of course the pain of having dozens of people trying to do the same activities at the same time.. yay! 'fun'!

So yeah.. a bunch of people coming together to light all their free fireworks off at the same time to create a spectacle in Dromund Kaas and filming it is a lot more MMO than what so many people here seem to demand from the Devs. And this is why I applaud the effort of the filmer for this awesome little moment they created.

And being called a fanboi for mentioning that I support a community activity is laughable. Because yeah.. it was Bioware that made those people do that :rolleyes:

Edited by Devlonir

A few things...

No its not. People are tired of BW performing under industry standard and thinking we should thank them for it. No one wants their crappy lifeday items. People wanted an event to play WITH OTHERS and enjoy content.

2. Along with number one, you have people that want to be spoon fed activities. Can't be bothered with actually talking and socializing with others.

And? If people want to do that let them. BW is the company who made a mostly singleplayer MMO then you blame the players for it? Nice logic. I saw TONS of people playing together for RO and Chevin and people were talking in General Chat non stop the whole time together. Try again.

3. Devs are not your indentured servants. They create the content, but they don't force you to play it. You pay to play it. If you don't like it you can walk away. Simple. No religious movement required.

Uhm not even sure what your point is here because...they arent creating any content? So...how can we pay to play it or walk away? The point is there was NOTHING TO DO. So yea there goes your "i read the threads"

4. A community is more than just content. YOU have to take some responsibility in shaping that community. You want to improve the game? Be critical in a constructive way. Your tirades don't help and don't work. So put away the fanboi card. It's not working anymore. You can help or you can walk away, but please stop thinking you are the voice of reason because you are not.

Look back on my post history. launch to 3 months in I did what you and the other fanbois do. 3 to 6 months in i got really tired of the bad management and started making your so called "constructive posts" like tons of people. It didnt do much since the devs and community support abandoned the forums TWICE and then make comeback posts of promising to do better. So please tell me how giving them advice they dont read or take is helpful. They just do the opposite of what everyone wants anyone as seen by the mass exodus of subs and the amazingly similar posts of what people dont like by new names.

If I wanted to do something creative I'd play my guitar, if I want to be social I'll go hang out with my friends in RL. I don't play games to generate my own content and organize my own events, I play games so that others can create content and organize events for me as is their job. Lastly SWTOR is a themepark mmo, there's no way players can create any kind of meaningful event. What are you gonna do run the same old tired content you've been running all year. Gather around like a bunch knobs and shoot fireworks in game? I'd rather gather around in RL to shoot fireworks and use my in game time to actually play my characters.

bioware/ea failed, admit it.