Rollback

Harland

I've finaly completed damn Lost Island on HM (I think first droid boss is unbalanced and must be nerfed, but who cares ) and returned to Alderaan - then bang! and i'm on the start screen. Four hours I've spent on this crazy FP, more then 10 deaths, final victory - and all was lost. I'm upset. :(

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Insidious;5760162I don't think I've experienced such a severe loss of time and effort in any MMO I've played.

This just jumped out at me as being absurdly ironic. Every minute playing any MMO is a severe loss of time and effort. The rollback just exposes this truth.

Anyway, hope it gets sorted out.

someone knows the timeframe for this? I mean like anything you did between 21-23 GMT (as an example) was lost? Coz if I lost the 2 schematics I got finally in the evening, all the stabilizers and the completed weeklies on 2 toons I'll pissed as hell.

Hello.

I'm not going to complain about the rollback as such, I realise it happens. However I would like to ask what happens with the Story Mode Operations? I had completed EV SM and gotten the commendation reward lockbox, but now I haven't got it AND was rolled back to just after the Annihilation droid boss.

Is there some way to reset it so I can redo it from the beginning without annoying people who want to do the first boss as well?

Thank you.

Hello.

Is there some way to reset it so I can redo it from the beginning without annoying people who want to do the first boss as well?

Click "Reset local phases" or something like that on your character icon.

Edited by DartEsk

Click "Reset local phases" or something like that on your character icon.

it won't change the fact that he's locked out from doing the first boss- meaning he won't be able to join any ops groups that start from the beginning.

Hi folks, we're looking into reports of rollbacks and will update this as soon as we have more information. Thank you

Honestly what you have to investigate , you play the game , mailbox doesn't work, you get log off by system , you log on , you see your char in place where he was 4h ago with progress he had 4h ago.

What are the chances of items being refunded ? Our guild were in TfB HM and the dreadguards legs finally dropped and I won them. But due to the rest we have to kill kephess again and we have no pants !. So have they found who broke what ?

Tbh it seems very unlikely that you'll get the stuff back. Unless, of course, they can actually see progress made during those three hours.

The lack of official responses is rather disheartening.

Edited by Weltmacht

This just jumped out at me as being absurdly ironic. Every minute playing any MMO is a severe loss of time and effort. The rollback just exposes this truth.

Anyway, hope it gets sorted out.

By that logic everything you do is a time waste, dude. The point is having fun. If you're having fun progressing, and that's what you wanted to achieve, it's not really a waste of time. However, when everything you achieve during that time is lost, it suddenly becomes a waste of time.

I lost all the progress with [WEEKLY]Section X Crisis.

I logged out last night from my own ship. I had completed all the Section X dailies. When I logged in I was back in [HEROIC 4]Long Shots instance and all the dailies are back in my mission log.

Tbh it seems very unlikely that you'll get the stuff back. Unless, of course, they can actually see progress made during those three hours.

The lack of official responses is rather disheartening.

I'll see what I've lost, and if it turns out to be bad I'll send a ticket. If they refuse to refund the stuff I'm so out of here.

I'll see what I've lost, and if it turns out to be bad I'll send a ticket. If they refuse to refund the stuff I'm so out of here.

Yeah, I made a ticket yesterday already when it happened. I'll be expecting some heavy compensation unless they can get my level and progress back.

Why hasn't there been an update from the developers on this? It has been nearly 12 hours, since this was first reported? I find it hard to believe that it takes this long to investigate whether a rollback occurred in the first place. Even if the devs aren't sure why the rollback occurred yet (i still believe they should, unless it wasn't a priority), there should have at least been some type of official update on the issue.

Bioware, I LOVE this game, seriously. I really enjoy it. Please don't mess it up for me (and the everyone else) by continuing this lack of communication and responsiveness to your customers' concerns. ALL games, especially MMOs are susceptible to having intermittent issues, but it is the lack of communication that pushes customers away.

I am sure there is a hesitancy to acknowledge issues for fear of making this game seem plague-ridden with problems, but the truth is that while there are some problems (and new ones will occasionally emerge, just the nature of software in general), these problems occur in every game I've played to date, not just swtor. However, I think you'll find the majority of people (except the trolls) can be very understanding of these issues as long your constantly and consistently communicating with them. Frequent communication makes Bioware seem more accessible, reassures customers that you share their concerns, and drastically reduces their frustrations.

Once again, know that I really am a fan of this game and Bioware in general. Swtor is overall a solid game, especially considering how relatively young it is. PLEASE.....communicate with us.

Edited by BigKnubby

Need another update on this BW.. You can't have a rollback happen in your game and not know about it.. What's going on? I don't really feel like playing a game where at any moment any progress can be deleted without you guys knowing.

Apparently it wasn't a real rollback, which probably is why they're so slow to report back. But yes, they an update would be nice.

I want to join the collective rant.

Red eclipse server rollback.

What a disappointment. Several hours lost, XP, missions, gear, ... and on a payed service you expect a better experience.

I do hope they fix, compensate, and take measures to not let this happen again.

Sad.

I have been playing for 10 months, in that time I have had this 1 rollback. Its not that severe an issue.

Sometimes hardware fails and data is lost, there is not a huge amount that can be done to prevent it only to reduce the effects.

If the hardware has failed and the data got lost then whats stopping Bioware from making a big apology post informing everyone of this, if thats what happened they should know by now. Its the total lack of any comunication from them at all thats pissing people off.