Achievement Tracking Permanmently Stuck

Tamoxifen

Hello folks!

Thanks again for your patience while this issue has been researched on our side. We've discovered a solution for those Achievements that are stuck in the tracker, and we'd like to be sure that we don't miss any!

Currently, we've got Javaal Fleet Action Mastery and Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery as being stuck. Please post here if you have any additional Achievements that are stuck in your tracker so that we can be sure they get fixed too!

(PS: Your reports about Javaal Fleet Action are related to the same bug)

:ph_thank_you:

I would just like to point out that there have been two patches since this post claiming that you "had a solution", and yet that solution still has yet to be implemented. Can we get an ETA, please?

Hello folks!

Thanks again for your patience while this issue has been researched on our side. We've discovered a solution for those Achievements that are stuck in the tracker, and we'd like to be sure that we don't miss any!

Currently, we've got Javaal Fleet Action Mastery and Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery as being stuck. Please post here if you have any additional Achievements that are stuck in your tracker so that we can be sure they get fixed too!

(PS: Your reports about Javaal Fleet Action are related to the same bug)

:ph_thank_you:

Hydian Way Blockade is borked for me. The "Hydian Way Blockade Mastery" sub-achievement says INCOMPLETE even though all objectives are shown as completed and when tracked it lists nothing but the achievement name.

Ironically it used to not be bugged. For a while I was at 100% completed for Space. One of the patches took away credit for Hydian. I didn't even know you could lose credit once achieved. Makes me kinda scared for all of them and at the same time apathetic for the entire achievement system.

Hey folks,

As an update to those of you with completed Achievements stuck in your Achievement Tracker, we currently have it scheduled to be fixed with Game Update 2.3. Thanks for your understanding!

It Is not in the 2.3 patch notes so...

I have this bug, but different from what I see people describing.

Basically, out of nowhere today when I was playing, I suddenly got a load of old achievements put back in my tracker! These are completed achievements (I can see them completed if I open up the achievements), but on the tracker it has them as unfinished.

Basically, it has kept the 2 I was tracking, and then it's like it has reached back to a screenshot of the ones I was tracking on a particular day about 2 months ago, that have since been completed.

It is completely nonsensical now and ctrl+u doesn't fix it.

It's really, really annoying because it's not as if it's even tracking those old achievements, it has come up with bizarre retro numbers for how far along they are.

Could we fix it please?

PS Just to say, these aren't space achievements. They are like number of colicoids killed on Balmorra etc. Like I said, I remember when I was tracking these as I finished all the achievements on Balmorra. Why I suddenly have a retro screenshot of them, I do not know!

PPS Also, I do not know if this is part of the same bug, but other people mentioned their achievements updating the date they were completed. Today I did some Voss heroics and suddenly got the Republic Hero of Voss achievement. Great, except I already got that 2 months ago! The achievement still shows the old date too. But I got the sound for completing an achievement, it came up at the top of the screen and it was shown in chat. Weird things are afoot...

Edited by CrazyMcGee

Basically, out of nowhere today when I was playing, I suddenly got a load of old achievements put back in my tracker! These are completed achievements (I can see them completed if I open up the achievements), but on the tracker it has them as unfinished.

Basically, it has kept the 2 I was tracking, and then it's like it has reached back to a screenshot of the ones I was tracking on a particular day about 2 months ago, that have since been completed.

It is completely nonsensical now and ctrl+u doesn't fix it.

It's really, really annoying because it's not as if it's even tracking those old achievements, it has come up with bizarre retro numbers for how far along they are.

Could we fix it please?

PS Just to say, these aren't space achievements. They are like number of colicoids killed on Balmorra etc. Like I said, I remember when I was tracking these as I finished all the achievements on Balmorra. Why I suddenly have a retro screenshot of them, I do not know!

PPS Also, I do not know if this is part of the same bug, but other people mentioned their achievements updating the date they were completed. Today I did some Voss heroics and suddenly got the Republic Hero of Voss achievement. Great, except I already got that 2 months ago! The achievement still shows the old date too. But I got the sound for completing an achievement, it came up at the top of the screen and it was shown in chat. Weird things are afoot...

Not just Space Achievements then that means:eek:

Dear God. It's spreading:eek::eek::eek:

• Dev Post

Hi folks!

As many pointed out, the fix that we are implementing for Achievements being stuck in the tracker after they are completed did not make it into Game Update 2.3. However, there is a fix being implemented in Game Update 2.3.1 for the Space Combat Mastery Achievements that are stuck in the tracker for Javaal Fleet Action and Saleucami Fleet Action.

Basically, out of nowhere today when I was playing, I suddenly got a load of old achievements put back in my tracker! These are completed achievements (I can see them completed if I open up the achievements), but on the tracker it has them as unfinished...

This is crazy indeed and we'll be interested to follow up with you, but it does sound different, as there are other strange things (like the progress not updating) that seem to be very different. We'll be watching this thread to gather additional updates as we investigate! Can you please tell us if you recently transferred characters or had any other activity that could point to the source of the strangeness? Did it happen after getting an Achievement, or making progress on one?

Thanks everyone.

Edited by AmberGreen

This is crazy indeed and we'll be interested to follow up with you, but it does sound different, as there are other strange things (like the progress not updating) that seem to be very different. We'll be watching this thread to gather additional updates as we investigate! Can you please tell us if you recently transferred characters or had any other activity that could point to the source of the strangeness? Did it happen after getting an Achievement, or making progress on one?

Thanks everyone.

Hi Amber! I hadn't "recently" transferred any characters - all of mine moved from Dalborra to Harbinger about 2 months ago. I don't know if because mine originated on Dalborra, they could have been affected by the server consolidation (even though they weren't there on Tuesday)?

I didn't notice exactly when the achievements suddenly reappeared in my tracker, but definitely after the last maintenance. I've had a few odd things happen to my achievement tracker before - sometimes I get the bug where all the achievements go to crazy lines of text e.g. s98743hkjshfkjt, but ctrl+u always resets that (it usually happens when logging between toons). And the character this happened on used to not display tracked achievements at all (all my other toons did).

I was on Voss at the time doing the Weekly. I have done all the heroics before (I have, and was wearing, the Galactic Hero title, so I know I wasn't confused!). But when I handed in Cyber Mercenaries, I got the Republic Hero of Voss achievement, which was very weird too. I got the sound effect, the message at the top of my screen and in chat too. I checked my achievements and I had already gotten that 2 months ago (the time and date hadn't changed). I was in a group at the time and 1 other person did (rightly) get the achievement, so I don't know if that somehow triggered mine (but we had one other person in the group who already had the achievement and didn't re-acquire it).

I'm pretty sure I got the achievement tracker bug before I got the achievement again, but both were very weird.

I didn't have much time to play with it last night, but I'll log in later on and see if this has occurred on all my toons or just that one and whether re-logging has cleared it or if it is stuck. If it is still broken, I'll grab a few screenshots too.

Again, not sure if it's related, but just in case... when I was looking at my account yesterday, I noticed I got 20cc for an achievement, but I didn't think I'd done any cc-granting achievements that day. I am wondering if somehow my achievements are reset and I am achieving things I have already achieved (even though my achievements look right when I open them up).

Oh, one other thing I remembered - when I logged in after the server consolidation, my legacy was flashing and asked me to rename my legacy (like how you have to when you have transferred). I did that, but it was still flashing. I clicked it again, then said no to changing legacy name, and it stopped flashing.

So I'm wondering if somehow I did get caught up in the server consolidation somehow. Because it's actually possible that the stuck achievements were being tracked when I originally moved from Dalborra to Harbinger. It was about two months ago, so I cannot remember exactly, but that could be it. And maybe I got Republic Hero of Voss again because I had achieved it after I transferred?

I feel like maybe I have two simultaneous legacies and achievements - when you consolidated the servers, is it possible that a copy of my legacy from Dalborra from 2 months ago before I moved was still there? So there was June!CrazyMcGee and it has now been transferred and sort of semi-merged with August!CrazyMcGee and they are operating simultaneously?

So the 20ccs I got was actually the fix for Chapter 1 Agent being applied to June!CrazyMcGee. And it was June!CrazyMcGee who got the Republic of Voss achievement? And it's June!CrazyMcGee who is tracking those other achievements, because they haven't completed them yet? But when I look in my achievements, I am looking at August!CrazyMcGee.

I am slightly concerned I am living up to my name now and you have called some nice doctors to come and take me away, but is there any way that could be happening? As I've written this, it's all started to add up for me...

It would be great to hear from other people who had transferred prior to consolidation. Do you feel like you are being haunted by your past self??

Edited by CrazyMcGee

Another ex-APACer reporting in as having this happen to me; I have two of the "Kill 17 bajillion Trousersnakes on Nar Shaddaa" achievements completed but still stuck in my Achievements tracker. Clicking on them opens the appropriate page of the Legacy dialogue, but there's no check-box to un-track them (I assume because they're over-completed).

I only noticed this after the merger and I too transferred a toon to my new home (Harbinger) early, although I continued to play on Dalborra right up to closure. Perhaps CrazyMcGee is onto something.

Hi folks!

As many pointed out, the fix that we are implementing for Achievements being stuck in the tracker after they are completed did not make it into Game Update 2.3. However, there is a fix being implemented in Game Update 2.3.1 for the Space Combat Mastery Achievements that are stuck in the tracker for Javaal Fleet Action and Saleucami Fleet Action.

Thanks everyone.

It's not just "Javaal Fleet Action and Saleucami Fleet Action." Hydian Way Blockade keeps updating every second in my achievements. 8/8/2013 1213:14 then 8/8/2013 1213:15 and so on and such.

Oh, one more thought I had is that even if this happened to every single APAC player, it might be that not a lot have noticed it yet.

You'd only really notice it if:

a) you were tracking achievements at the time of your original transfers;

b) you have completed achievements since Tuesday which had been completed since transfer (and you remembered that they had been completed, or checked the time/date stamp on them).

So even though it doesn't seem like a lot of people have this issue yet (unless you are getting lots of /bugs), they may not realise it.

It doesn't really seem to have particularly bad effects - none of my achievements seem to be missing or broken. The achievement tracker is really the only problem.

But from BW's perspective, you may be repaying cartel coins, so not sure how worried you are about that!

Only problem will be if there are more after-effects that haven't happened yet - whether re-achieving will cause any conflicts e.g. if you get a title twice and it bugs out so you lose the title, or anything of that nature.

But as I said, it won't have happened much yet.

Grr, this is annoying. The only problem still seems to be the Achievement Tracker - re-achieving things doesn't really bother me.

I'm hoping maybe the space tracker fix in 2.3.1 can help me, but I am worried it's not going to because I have my shadow 2-month-old legacy which will be saying these achievements aren't done.

I really REALLY do not want to have to go and complete these 3 achievements again just to clear my tracker. I might go and see if it actually increases the count if I start doing the Balmorra ones again.

I put in a ticket, but was told I just have to /bug it. Is there no way a CS rep could manually remove these from the tracker? That seems like something they should be able to do?? This only happened because of consolidation - it won't recur, so all I need is someone to untrack these three achievements. Can that really not be done manually?

Based on this thread, it doesn't seem like a lot of people are reporting this issue, so if it is just me, can't we just fix mine? :p

According to patchnotes, today's patch was suppose to fix the problem. Unfortunately, 'Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery' is still stuck in my achievement tracker...

Same, still stuck. One thing I noticed, if I go to the Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery achievement, it shows the date and timestamp being right now. If I wait a few seconds and click it again, the time updates to the current time again. So, it's like it's constantly marking itself complete every second, but without the achievement actually going away.

I'm going to try running the mission and seeing if that triggers an update.

Edit: Just ran the mission and completed every main and bonus objective, including destroying the command ship with a torpedo. Achievement tracker still shows

Saleucami Fleet Action Mastery

0/1 Eliminate Fighters

Edited by Kazyon

Hi Tamoxifen,

Thanks for the report! This is strange behavior indeed, but I also know we've had some difficulty with the Space Combat Mission Achievements specifically.

If you (or anyone else!) have seen this issue with Achievements that are not Space Combat related, can you please post the details? I'll keep an eye on this thread for a few days and see if we can get the issue fully locked down. In the meantime, we'll be investigating.

:ph_cheers:

Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, but I have a issue with achievement tracking that I'd like looked into, and it could be related maybe? There are some items that I had before the achievements were implemented, and no matter what I do, equipping the entire set on the same toon, companions, buying new ones, whatever... only part of the set is unlocked.

For example, even wearing the entire slave bikini outfit from Nar Shaddaa, the top and one other piece (I think the hat) refuse to unlock and grant the achievement.

As I said, this could be related in that achievements aren't properly tracking somewhere.

Hi Amber, just a quick update/recap on my issue (as there don't seem to be a lot of similar reports)...

I'm fairly certain now that I am right that my issue relates to server consolidation. Basically, it looks like when I transferred servers 2 months ago from Dalborra to Harbinger, somehow a copy of my achievements was saved and retained on Dalborra. When Dalborra was consolidated into Harbinger, a copy of my 2-month-old self was transferred to Harbinger, even though I was already there.

So, I now have two simultaneous achievement logs. Anything I have achieved in the last 2 months is still there and still completed and nothing is wrong when I view the achievements e.g. my kill achievements are all counting properly (this is not related to the counting bug we got when we transferred, where we would have e.g. 297/100).

So, my new achievements since transfer are all still fine. But I am re-achieving everything I did since my move to Harbinger. Not really a problem except for the achievement tracker, which has the partially completed achievements from before my transfer, which have since been achieved. There's therefore no way to untrack them because I can't access my "shadow" achievements (although I wonder if a kind CS person could....?).

However, I have tested it today and I can still complete these achievements. So I have now redone two of them and cleared them from my achievement tracker. Essentially problem solved, except I wasted time redoing things I had already done and to clear the last one I am gonna have to kill 513 colicoids. Having already done the achievement once, that's a bit soul destroying!

Anyway, I figure you guys would still want to look into this, even if it turns out not to have happened for many other people (although I suspect it is more common and not being noticed for the reasons I outlined previously).

Although you aren't planning any more consolidations in the future, I wondered if the underlying issues here may also affect people if they were to transfer from one server to another, and then back again. If copies of our old selves are retained on the original server and then merged back incorrectly, this could affect them too, I would guess.

Anyway, I have a solution if I can spare the time and the will to kill all those collicoids! And clearing two of them has helped massively of course, as I now have only one stuck achievement. But it would be awesome if you guys could fix this and save me the time!

PS I attach an official request from Dr Colin Coid who has outlined his arguments against the proposed collicoid culling. Although some consider the insectoids to be a menace, Dr Coid believes they play an important role in balancing the delicate ecological system on Balmorra, especially in light of the recent conflict. I'd be grateful if you could take his arguments into account too please.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hello everyone,

Achievement Tracking and Space Combat Achievements have been a bit strange, and there's no wonder that there's a lot of confusion right now. Once we were able to lock down the issue with the Achievement Tracker that was reported here, we discovered that one of the things that caused it was that sometimes Achievements (such as the ones you refer to here) would display as "Completed" in the Achievement Window, when they were not actually completed. Achievements that were in this state would appear to be "stuck" in the tracker. Once we fixed the underlying UI bug, any Achievements that appeared to be complete would seem to have had their completion "revoked", though they were never actually complete in the first place.

Now, that's not to say that there may be bugs still preventing them from being completed. We have had reports that some players are able to get the Achievements by rerunning the missions, while others have not. However, because that is a totally different issue than the Achievement Tracker being stuck, I want to close this thread to prevent confusion and to be sure that folks that would like to contribute details about their Space Combat Achievements not granting are able to find the right conversation to do so.

I will be tracking your reports about Space Combat Achievements in this thread.

Thank you to everyone for helping track down this pesky issue! We'll work to ensure that related pesky issues are hunted down.