Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

/signed. I just read the majority of the very well presented and informative original post

.... And Gizmo I applaud your quixotic and unwavering determination

Chat bubbles are a really crucial part of the RP experience and does add the semblance of activity, and energy to the RP hubs.

Edited by kimdante

I'm really appalled that this hasn't happened by now. We're talking years. Even if there was just one person working on this every now and then, there's no reason it couldn't have been done by now. And only one response from BioWare... over a year ago??

Seriously, just put the laggy chat bubbles from beta back in (make them disabled by default, of course). A lot of people have the processing power to spare.

I'm really appalled that this hasn't happened by now. We're talking years. Even if there was just one person working on this every now and then, there's no reason it couldn't have been done by now. And only one response from BioWare... over a year ago??

Seriously, just put the laggy chat bubbles from beta back in (make them disabled by default, of course). A lot of people have the processing power to spare.

Agreed

It's been a long time since the last time I saw this thread, but I still love the idea of chat bubbles, so /signed again

+I'm amazed that it's been a year since both my, ops and bio wares reaction to this. But have SOME faith in bio ware.

Edited by Trooperclay

Case in point, I have an older machine and a sub-par GPU, (dual core i7 @2.64gHz stock, 6gb RAM and a GTX 550 ti) with with my SWTOR settings on Ultra I'm usually sitting at 99~110 fps out-doors, in fights and all kinds of crazy going on. I think I could stand to tax my system a little with some nice speech bubbles.

Hey everyone - I asked Lead Designer Damion Schubert if there are any new updates on this topic. We still do not have an ETA for the implementation of this feature, but we're definitely aware it's something players want. We did attempt a version of chat bubbles once, but they introduced some severe performance issues, and we'll need to address that before they can be implemented. Thanks for your patience!

If this stupid request gets approve, I hope there is an option to turn it off, I hate Chat Bubbles, it reminds me the days of MS Comic Chat. :mad:

If this stupid request gets approve, I hope there is an option to turn it off, I hate Chat Bubbles, it reminds me the days of MS Comic Chat. :mad:

yeah I don't want no chat bubble, give us the option to choose if that ever gets put in to just see the bubble messages in my regular chat window. Honestly I want them to work on real content like pvp and pve stuff, not whether or not we got a bubble over our heads especially since we already got a chat window in place already that works fine

yeah I don't want no chat bubble, give us the option to choose if that ever gets put in to just see the bubble messages in my regular chat window. Honestly I want them to work on real content like pvp and pve stuff, not whether or not we got a bubble over our heads especially since we already got a chat window in place already that works fine

Because UI, story content, and PvP are totally all done by the same people. :rolleyes:

Of course there should be an option to turn them off. I would be surprised if they didn't add that in too.

I love Chat Bubbles. Was one of the many Social aspects of SWG that really made it enjoyable for me. I hate NOT having them. It feels so lonely in the game world....

Chat Bubbles would be nice But what I would really like to see is in-game VOICE CHAT! One that really works well and won't crash the game or make you sound like a robot. This would of course be restricted to Groups, Flash Points and Operations, but would be a nice addition for Social Engagement.

If you really want that, make another thread about it. Wouldn't hurt.

Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.

Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.

Would change the game for the better that is for certain, I could actually do some Radom

RP out int the world, of course I doubt we will see them but it would have been nice.

I remember being so surprised that this was not in the game, but we don't even have sitting In chairs, but they created a weird cm work around

They’ll be coming soon

Chat bubbles are on the short list, stuck behind must-have features like group finder and I expect you’ll see them arrive relatively soon

"We have some nice big juicy things that are better that are on the list after space. I wish I could say more, but I can't."

And much more… this is going to be the biggest update up to this point - we will reveal more once we are a bit closer

As we get closer, we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these new features

Instead of Soon™ I have to suggest:

Juicy™

or

More™

Is this ok for you BW? In fact is pretty the same, soon, more or juicy is to wait, wait, wait aaaaaaand wait again.

Incredible how they use soon, juicy and more without any sense

Edited by Elminster_cs

Hi. I'm relatively new to SWTOR - I've only played about two months so far. I was surprised to find there's no way to turn on chat bubbles, and would like to add my voice to those requesting them as a option.

Thanks!

Welcome to the movement! Let's hope our dear developers will finally do something to grant us the request for chat bubbles. It'd certainly convince me to play again (my long-term subscription expires sometime today and that will be it until we get chat bubbles). Fingers crossed! Edited by Stubacca

Welcome to the movement! Let's hope our dear developers will finally do something to grant us the request for chat bubbles. It'd certainly convince me to play again. Fingers crossed!

So you're paying but not playing.

Well, your money is as good as anyone else's. Better, since you pay but don't clutter the game with your presence.

Of course there should be an option to turn them off. I would be surprised if they didn't add that in too.

I love Chat Bubbles. Was one of the many Social aspects of SWG that really made it enjoyable for me. I hate NOT having them. It feels so lonely in the game world....

It's funny, I thought the same thing about the Real World, then one day the Big Guy implemented chat bubbles, and we got this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Yqwqobapw0w/TDi1yXp-edI/AAAAAAAAAXA/7r8XxCM_97w/s1600/futureman.jpeg

They were then removed from Life never to be seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh. I just thought of an interesting idea. I was thinking about what you said about SWG, and I was thinking "yah, pretty much we ALWAYS used chat bubbles in SWG. Well, that is... IF WE WERE THERE."

So the obvious thing is that we should have a holo-call emitter that lasts for a while, so that we can have our friends who are in other locations beam in, and still be able to have bubble convos with us!

Holooooo Bubblllllllles !!! __ :cool: