Who will win this war?

Sadishist

The Republic or the Empire? Will how players do in this game affect the outcome? Will it be another draw?

If you have been watching the movies and reading the books, you would have known that "Star Wars" follows an endless and repetitive pattern.

How things were done before Darth Bane: (Prior to Rule of Two)

First Step, the Republic is at peace, and the Jedi are peace keepers.

Second Step, the Sith establish a power base in an unknown location..

Third Step, the Sith use their new found power base, and they destroy the Republic from the outside. War is declared and the Jeidi become generals.

Fourth Step, the Sith become too obsessed, and they are defeated by the Jedi.

Fifth Step, repeat steps one through four.

How things were done after Darth Bane: (Rule of Two)

Second Step, the Sith infiltrate the Republic to establish a power base.

Third Step, the Sith use their new found influence, and they destroy the Republic from the inside. War is declared and the Jeidi become generals.

Fifth Step, repeate steps one through four.

Edited by Linyivee

So good guy always win then some other bad guy (Darth Krayt at the end) pops up and repeats cycle? Hence Star Wars name, endless war.

i think if the Jedi change some of their needless rules they would rule the Galaxy for a long long time because the Sith don't need someone to destroy them cause they do it them selves, now if the Sith on the other hand just stop the meaningless killing of each other(Apprentice kills his Master etc..) then iam sure they can rule even more than the Jedi!

The Empire could win for all we know, it is a few thousand years till the films.

My money is on either a more lightsided Empire winning the war, or the Empire winning and becoming more diluted overtime with lightsided ideas.

Either way we know the Emperor doesn't survive.

The Republic will destroy the Sith and then much of the Empire will join the Republic.

Why?

Because by the time Yoda and co. show up the architecture of Imperial ships and other cultural things has been made part of the Republic. So basically: Republic wins, then eats Imperial Remnant.

The Republic will destroy the Sith and then much of the Empire will join the Republic.

Why?

Because by the time Yoda and co. show up the architecture of Imperial ships and other cultural things has been made part of the Republic. So basically: Republic wins, then eats Imperial Remnant.

Indeed, either the truce stays and both parties merge.

Or the sith are defeated and the nonforce Imperials join the republic.

with the fall of the emporer sith infighting gets worse

till in the end in become a more fudal system

with just lip servie paid to the council

then eventualy they sith control invidual sector space

till the drak brotherhood unites them

then they begin their march beating the republic most time

till darth bane learns of thought bomb and kills of a lot jedi and the brother hood

and rest you know

Well we know that no matter what the Republic exists until it becomes the Empire. What I would personally like to see would be the Empire conquers a good portion of the Republic, maybe all the way to the core worlds, and then the Republic would have to push them even further back. But I figure that at some point, some way, the Republic and Empire merge. Hmm..Maybe both sides end up so devastated by the war that they have to merge in order to survive.

till darth bane learns of thought bomb and kills of a lot jedi and the brother hood

Some force manouver/ space magic device named Thought Bomb actually exists in EU lore? Awesome:D I hope it is never mentioned without " The"

The Thought Bomb ****.yes.

Edited by Stradlin

If you have been watching the movies and reading the books, you would have known that "Star Wars" follows an endless and repetitive pattern.

How things were done before Darth Bane: (Prior to Rule of Two)

Second Step, the Sith establish a power base in an unknown location..

Third Step, the Sith use their new found power base, and they destroy the Republic from the outside. War is declared and the Jeidi become generals.

Fifth Step, repeat steps one through four.

Except that after the Mando Wars the Sith didn't really destroy the Republic. They hunted down the Jedi from the shadows until the Exile returned and eventually defeated Darth Traya.

That and the Disciples of Ragnos crisis took place after Bane's Sith Order was destroyed. That and the Vong, of course. This shows it's not so clear-cut or "repetitive".

EDIT: As for this war, I'd have to agree with others who've said the non-Force users will be absorbed into the Republic in a merger rather than being completely destroyed in the war. Maybe that's just wishful thinking since I mostly play as an Agent. The next thing I could find in the timeline was the Darth Desolous conflict, so clearly the Jedi are going strong about 1 1/2 centuries later.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Some force manouver/ space magic device named Thought Bomb actually exists in EU lore? Awesome:D I hope it is never mentioned without " The"

The Thought Bomb ****.yes.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thought_bomb

did a little reaserch http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Ruin

is possibly new empoerer, but not sure when he fits in

Edited by legolegion

Spoiler alert if you intend to read any of the Old Republic book series.

After the Emperor is defeated and Malgus fails to take his place, the Empire is pretty much scattered, and after Darth Kerrid's superweapon ship the Ascendant Spear is destroyed, the Empire is pretty much defeated. So at least in terms of this particular conflict, the Republic wins.

Edited by Mastershroom

Eventually the Republic wins the war, however that doesn't necessarily have to happen in the lifetime of the game. The great thing about this time period is that it is relatively unsettled in lore. We know that eventually the Republic wins, but we don't really know how or when. Is this the same war that Bane ends? Does the Empire lose, rebuild, and attack again before that? Who knows.

After the Emperor is defeated and Malgus fails to take his place, the Empire is pretty much scattered, and after Darth Kerrid's superweapon ship the Ascendant Spear is destroyed, the Empire is pretty much defeated. So at least in terms of this particular conflict, the Republic wins.

cool i have a question in spoiler

Does this mean dark council will fall apart and darth nox and emporer`s wrath could start their own mini empire`s like i stated earlier

Destroying 1 superweapon doesnt destroy a military force that can occupy half the galaxy and if you

play the imperial classes the infighting seems to wind down after a new wrath of the emperor is chosen and nox/imperius/occulus becomes a council member.

The Empire could win for all we know, it is a few thousand years till the films.

My money is on either a more lightsided Empire winning the war, or the Empire winning and becoming more diluted overtime with lightsided ideas.

Either way we know the Emperor doesn't survive.

That's an interesting thought actually, especially considering that the old Sith Empire seems to have mingled with the Republic by the time of the prequels, maybe the non-sith actually form some sort of lasting truce with the Republic, leaving the Sith to scramble without their resources and dying out in the process.