2.5+ PVE DPS Leaderboards V2

Sam_WarDragon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
You know, considering that everyone is 'trimming it wrong', maybe you should change the rules to be TTK / 1m (or 1.5m) = DPS, instead of trying to get Torparse to show the max (and generally incorrect) numbers.

Or everyone could read the HUGE text on #8 of the original post and follow it.

You know, considering that everyone is 'trimming it wrong', maybe you should change the rules to be TTK / 1m (or 1.5m) = DPS, instead of trying to get Torparse to show the max (and generally incorrect) numbers.

yeah that makes sense considering they would STILL have to trim it to the EXACT SAME SPOT to get TTk. But i appreciate your feedback.

http://www.torparse.com/a/638048/time/1396737515/1396737815/0/Damage+Dealt

trimmed it,hopefully it shows,now at 3377.11 dps

Here is your parse trimmed properly.

http://www.torparse.com/a/638048/time/1396737363/1396737816/0/Overview

If you go into the log view you will notice it starts at

15:36:03.041 Agent'grey activates Crouch.

15:36:03.042 Agent'grey gains Crouch.

15:36:03.042 Agent'grey gains crouch.

15:36:03.434 Agent'grey enters combat.

I set the top drop down on the left to 15:36:03.

and ends at:

15:43:36.526 Agent'grey kills Operations Training Dummy.

I set the bottom drop down to 15:43:36

So when you parse you want to go into your log view and see the Enters combat and Kills operations training dummy lines and when they occur then set your drop downs on the left to them. This gave you a dps of 3308. Hope this helps. FYI this is also the way the world boards want their parses trimmed so going to TTK wouldnt make a difference in how to trim the parse.

updated

Also torparse isnt inaccurate. It is including the full value of the killing blow. Lets say the dummy has 2k left and you hit it for 12k. Torparse includes the overall hit to calculate dps and gives you credit for the 12k not the 2k. This is why it helps most people but doesnt always because you may only get credit for a small killing blow. The ttk just measures the time it takes to do kill the dummy and not necessarily the exact damage you did. think of it like healing. You have effective heals and total heals.

yeah that makes sense considering they would STILL have to trim it to the EXACT SAME SPOT to get TTk. But i appreciate your feedback.

N-no they wouldn't. Just look at the Log section, find the Enter Combat line, find the Kill line, and calculate the time difference (an equation I fail over and over, clearly I'm missing something obvious :D)

Here is your parse trimmed properly.

http://www.torparse.com/a/638048/time/1396737363/1396737816/0/Overview

If you go into the log view you will notice it starts at

15:36:03.041 Agent'grey activates Crouch.

15:36:03.042 Agent'grey gains Crouch.

15:36:03.042 Agent'grey gains crouch.

15:36:03.434 Agent'grey enters combat.

I set the top drop down on the left to 15:36:03.

and ends at:

15:43:36.526 Agent'grey kills Operations Training Dummy.

I set the bottom drop down to 15:43:36

So when you parse you want to go into your log view and see the Enters combat and Kills operations training dummy lines and when they occur then set your drop downs on the left to them. This gave you a dps of 3308. Hope this helps. FYI this is also the way the world boards want their parses trimmed so going to TTK wouldnt make a difference in how to trim the parse.

updated

thanks,haven't gotten a whole lot of trimming experience.