2.5+ PVE DPS Leaderboards V2

Sam_WarDragon

your parse isnt trimmed properly. you are suppose to trim it to the killing of the dummy. You are a new poster so you may not know how to do this but i cant keep doing this ffor everyone. There are 2 time drag down menus on the left. you set the top to the time combat starts and the second to the time you kill the dummy. You get these times by looking at the log view.

Your top

21:47:28.129 Senorqueso enters combat.

your bottom

21:51:53.364 Senorqueso kills Operations Training Dummy

giving us the following link and dps of 3791 almost 50 more then what you have posted

http://www.torparse.com/a/598168/time/1392958048/1392958313/0/Overview

Cool, thanks. I'll do that in the future

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to bother you but I think you forgot to put A'vëo under the 1.5 mil sent parses, kinda feel like a douche for posting lol :p

lol dont feel like a douche.. i screwed up and put you in the juggs section. fixed and updated. Like i said before if i make a mistake or miss someone feel free to let me know

Srrg - Commando - Assault - 2/8/36 - 3807

http://www.torparse.com/a/608243/1/0/Damage+Dealt

1mil dummy

Note: Cropping the Killing blow doesn't increase my parse :(

doesnt work for everyone but its a more accurate picture of your dps. some people actually lose some dps. Please crop it properly so its fair for everyone. It is the rule the world boards follow and im no longer doing it for people.

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

I think we should make separate groups for each spec... or, allow 10-15 parses in each class category, and top 5 of each spec. because some spec does less than some others, and these spec can't make it up on the list. but it would be still informative to have them on the list so we can see how much people are doing in particular specs, like combat, gunnery, saboteur etc... Edited by seektravota

doesnt work for everyone but its a more accurate picture of your dps. some people actually lose some dps. Please crop it properly so its fair for everyone. It is the rule the world boards follow and im no longer doing it for people.

1m

http://www.torparse.com/a/608243/time/1393818653/1393818915/0/Overview

Dat .38 dps increase though

I think we should make separate groups for each spec... or, allow 10-15 parses in each class category, and top 5 of each spec. because some spec does less than some others, and these spec can't make it up on the list. but it would be still informative to have them on the list so we can see how much people are doing in particular specs, like combat, gunnery, saboteur etc...

Separate groups for each spec has never been tracked on any of the DPS leader boards. Im sorry this isnt a spec dps leader board this is a class dps leader board. The world board doesnt have separate specs for each class. That would literally triple my workload. The closest thing to a separate spec on here is the sniper rolling only because people felt it wasnt actually viable in a raid and should be counted separate. No other class has had that issue. If you want to compare how you do against others of the same spec you should check out torparse and look up the raid bosses to see if your spec works well in raids and how you compare against others of the same class and spec. I still do that because dummy parsing is only good for so much. Real raid bosses actually measure if you can dps and move at the same time.

1m

http://www.torparse.com/a/608243/time/1393818653/1393818915/0/Overview

Dat .38 dps increase though

updated and thank you

i didnt even check to see if it was an increase or decrease for you. if i see the fight isnt trimmed right i just ask for it to be trimmed properly to be fair to everyone.

Idnewton - Marauder - Dotsmash - 11/2/33 - 1.0M - 3779.8

http://www.torparse.com/a/614863/time/1394390138/1394390403/0/Overview

I couldn't trim it right, but 1,000,000 / 265.561s = 3779.8

Not amazing, but good enough for now.

sorry but there is more to the way the rules are set up then just doing 1mill damage. Alot of classes get buffs under 30% so we need every log trimmed properly to make it fair.

http://www.torparse.com/a/614863/time/1394390138/1394390403/0/Overview

that is your log trimmed properly and only gives you 3770 which is still good enough for number 3. The overview does not need to say death on it but the time must me trimmed to the "kills dummy" line.

updated

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

If you look at the fights and the log, you'll notice a second fight starting directly after my final ravage hit (it crit, which i hadn't planned, so i threw in a battering assault afterwards which started another fight). If you trim the fight to the start times and end times, you grab a part of the second fight, which is only avoidable by manually editing the log. This conversation has already taken place on the global leaderboard thread starting on post 1859.

It's your thread so you can record it how you want, but somehow I think I'm taking their word over yours, especially considering it's mathematically sensible.

Edited by idnewton

If you look at the fights and the log, you'll notice a second fight starting directly after my final ravage hit (it crit, which i hadn't planned, so i threw in a battering assault afterwards which started another fight). If you trim the fight to the start times and end times, you grab a part of the second fight, which is only avoidable by manually editing the log. This conversation has already taken place on the global leaderboard thread starting on post 1859.

It's your thread so you can record it how you want, but somehow I think I'm taking their word over yours, especially considering it's mathematically sensible.

the global leader board goes of TTK (Time To Kill) not dps. thats where these threads do differ. the way i edited your log did not cost you your place on your board and only dropped you 9 dps. I understand you want to take their word over mine but their rules are different and my rules are the same for everyone. A lot of people keep going through the kill shot. i always have the dummy respawn on me and most of the time continue hitting it because im focused on my rotation and not when the dummy dies. This just makes it easy and fair for everyone. Once you actually make it onto their board you can go by their rules.

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

the global leader board goes of TTK (Time To Kill) not dps. thats where these threads do differ. the way i edited your log did not cost you your place on your board and only dropped you 9 dps. I understand you want to take their word over mine but their rules are different and my rules are the same for everyone. A lot of people keep going through the kill shot. i always have the dummy respawn on me and most of the time continue hitting it because im focused on my rotation and not when the dummy dies. This just makes it easy and fair for everyone. Once you actually make it onto their board you can go by their rules.

Zing

/5char

Edited by Treblt