Merc / Commando knockback delay imbalance?

HuNtOziO

Performance in Regs is irrelevant.

Ya know, the next time I hear this, I'm gonna cry like a little girl. It's NOT irrelevant. It's how THE FRIGGIN' MAJORITY OF PLAYERS get their PvP.

Also, do not forget, ranked USED TO BE 8V8...

So tell me again how it's irrelevant? That would be like telling the devs to "forget about all the leveling content...just focus on endgame. Who cares how people experience 95% of their game?" It's like a joke that keeps getting told...it's not funny. It's not even true.

Regs are NOT IRRELEVANT. How the hell else are you supposed to get your PvP gear anyway, eh? Gotta start with regs. Arenas are considered to be a microcosm of SWTOR pvp but they are not...they are only one feature and can't be taken to represent the entire PvP experience. The fact that certain classes were designed around and excel in a larger team environment pretty well bears this out as truth. Arenas were implemented to please a minority, and to cater to dwindling ranked populations, but we can't go turning the entire design of the game on it's head just because of ONE FEATURE that was added.

Balancing classes around arena performance is like choosing what shoes you're going to buy based on their performance walking on a tightrope. Unwise, to say the least.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya know, the next time I hear this, I'm gonna cry like a little girl. It's NOT irrelevant. It's how THE FRIGGIN' MAJORITY OF PLAYERS get their PvP.

Also, do not forget, ranked USED TO BE 8V8...

So tell me again how it's irrelevant? That would be like telling the devs to "forget about all the leveling content...just focus on endgame. Who cares how people experience 95% of their game?" It's like a joke that keeps getting told...it's not funny. It's not even true.

Regs are NOT IRRELEVANT. How the hell else are you supposed to get your PvP gear anyway, eh? Gotta start with regs. Arenas are considered to be a microcosm of SWTOR pvp but they are not...they are only one feature and can't be taken to represent the entire PvP experience. The fact that certain classes were designed around and excel in a larger team environment pretty well bears this out as truth. Arenas were implemented to please a minority, and to cater to dwindling ranked populations, but we can't go turning the entire design of the game on it's head just because of ONE FEATURE that was added.

Balancing classes around arena performance is like choosing what shoes you're going to buy based on their performance walking on a tightrope. Unwise, to say the least.

Regs are irrelevant, b/c they have nothing to do with competitive play. The overwhelming majority of players suck, even if they think they are good. If you balance the game around those crappy players, you turn anyone with half a brain into a freaking god.

When 8v8 was the competitive meta, it was relevant to balance around. But 4v4 is now the competitive meta, and its here to stay forever. 8v8 is not coming back, confirmed multiple times.

GG no RE

I would rather see other things fixed at this point than graphics problems. Simply because bioware has been breaking things left and right. Example enraged defense no longer a short cd for juggs but is now a heal to full long cd. That would be on the top of my list to fix then after that I would fix how mercs completely rely on kite and damage reduction to survive, whereas almost every class has some form to go behind our energy shield at this point and kolto overload is almost useless outside of 1v1. If you are content with where mercs are right now then yes we could have some QoL changes. Really enjoy my vent heat alacrity buff with my uninterruptible energy shield though.

The latest example would be in the "we have no plans" post from Musco. Its been reiterated multiple times in multiple locations. Ranked 8v8 is dead and gone.

And honestly...why...there is literally no reason for it to not be in game. It's not like the system strains MORE running a ranked 8v8 than a regular 8v8.

For that reason alone, I hold hope that it'll return. That certain classes were designed to provide utility to an 8 person group kinda requires it...

And honestly...why...there is literally no reason for it to not be in game. It's not like the system strains MORE running a ranked 8v8 than a regular 8v8.

For that reason alone, I hold hope that it'll return. That certain classes were designed to provide utility to an 8 person group kinda requires it...

Yep, it made no sense to remove it. The option should at least have remained available, I know plenty of people that stopped doing Ranked altogether b/c they dont like 4v4 as much as 8v8.

In one of the community streams Musco was asked what the negative impact to bringing back 8v8 Ranked would be, and he answered basically none, but its not happening. Mind bottling.