Eric Musco please enlight me

Warrgames

Compelling argument - way to sway opinions.

Nothing anyone says in these threads is going to convince anyone else to change their opinions. So, why bother trying?

People are being silly. They need to stop it. This is me, telling the people freaking out to just chill out. You're all flipping out over nothing.

Have a snickers. You'll feel better.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm stating a point not QQing. You wouldn't want to know how much money I have spent in the CM. Every single one of my 12 characters has more than one armor set from the CM. They already said they will be charging cartel coinage, not in game credits at the kiosk. You will have to pay extra to change your race. Sorry but that will be more cartel coinage. If you think not then you are not thinking clearly. Everything that ties into 2.1 will be with cartel coins. That is what people are concerned about and about future updates. It is not QQing (not to mention that term is really stupid). it is a valid concern about the state of the game, a game that most of us here love and financially support not only with our subscriptions but with cartel market purchases.

But see the issue that you keep ignoring.. You don't know how much this is going to cost.. You are getting all upset over something that you don't even know..

People are concerned about future updates.. Are they concerned about getting struck by lightning too?? Or how about getting in a car accident.. There is no reason to be concerned about future updates.. They are being concerned about something that hasn't happened yet.. Something that may never happen.. Like getting hit by lightning.. You all need to stop looking for things to get all uptight and stupid over.. Seriously.. At least let the race end before you cry about your losses or cheer about your winnings..

What if it only cost 5 or 10cc to make a change?? Or maybe 20 for a dye?? There is noway these things can be all that expensive.. And if they are.. Sure.. They will hear about it here.. But crap.. Before you get your knickers in a bunch.. Let them screw up first.. Your are giving yourself stress for no reason.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

I'm stating a point not QQing. You wouldn't want to know how much money I have spent in the CM. Every single one of my 12 characters has more than one armor set from the CM. They already said they will be charging cartel coinage, not in game credits at the kiosk. You will have to pay extra to change your race. Sorry but that will be more cartel coinage. If you think not then you are not thinking clearly. Everything that ties into 2.1 will be with cartel coins. That is what people are concerned about and about future updates. It is not QQing (not to mention that term is really stupid). it is a valid concern about the state of the game, a game that most of us here love and financially support not only with our subscriptions but with cartel market purchases.

I absolutely agree! People use "QQ" when they want to insult you.

When they charge subbed players cartel coins to do Ops, Flash Points, Warzones or anything like that, then you can freak out.

Until then, this whole 'they're charging us coins for OPTIONAL STUFF! omg animal farm!' freak out session is a tad bit uncalled for.

It may come down to that. All future content will be paid for by subscribers and f2p players. End of discussion. There will be nothing new added to the game that isn't paid for in real money. They've already set that precedent with the Makeb DLC. No one on this post except maybe you, is freaking out. We're calming stating concerns over the state of the game. EA/BW has a lot of competition out there, new games coming out all the time, buy to play and subscription based. They need to be on their toes.

Nothing anyone says in these threads is going to convince anyone else to change their opinions. So, why bother trying?

People are being silly. They need to stop it. This is me, telling the people freaking out to just chill out. You're all flipping out over nothing.

Have a snickers. You'll feel better.

Why would anyone listen to you when you take such an argumentative and combative tone? YOU are the one freaking out and flipping out, they are debating/posting thoughts - you're simply ranting.

Edited by TUXs

Really...I can understand what the OP is saying. OP is saying that by choice, EA/BW can make anything in the game a cartel coin option just by changing what subscribers get but.....will they do it? Only EA/BW knows what they are going to do and frankly I will continue to play as long as they don't go crazy with it. But don't underestimate scheming companies. EA controls this game and we all know what EA is like.

It's more basic then this.

As with all MMOs (actually anything that is provided as a service under pay-2-access).... they reserve the right to change, alter, remove, add content (and the way you access the content) to their game as they see fit. All they have to do is give the players notice, and update their features list accordingly.

Since this is the case let me guess at the next few updates.

2.2 Sub will get 20 WZ and FP anymore and you'll have to buy a pass off the CM. Its OK we updated the listed for sub features and who really needs to do more then 20 WZ or FP a week.

2.3 New OP but Sub will have to buy a pass week pass for it. Its OK we update list of what Sub get. You already have an Op you can run.

So Eric how long before you take away all "benefits" of being sub?

As for the OP.. the OP is creating distortion and hyperbole to express a complaint.. instead of just being adult enought to say what they like/dislike. :rolleyes: OP is also confusing cosmetic content with playable content in the process.... probably deliberately.

Edited by Andryah

But see the issue that you keep ignoring.. You don't know how much this is going to cost.. You are getting all upset over something that you don't even know..

People are concerned about future updates.. Are they concerned about getting struck by lightning too?? Or how about getting in a car accident.. There is no reason to be concerned about future updates.. They are being concerned about something that hasn't happened yet.. Something that may never happen.. Like getting hit by lightning.. You all need to stop looking for things to get all uptight and stupid over.. Seriously.. At least let the race end before you cry about your losses or cheer about your winnings..

What if it only cost 5 or 10cc to make a change?? Or maybe 20 for a dye?? There is noway these things can be all that expensive.. And if they are.. Sure.. They will hear about it here.. But crap.. Before you get your knickers in a bunch.. Let them screw up first.. Your are giving yourself stress for no reason.. :)

20 CC? Really? Look at the prices of stuff on CM tell me you believe this.

Oh that is BS.. But thanks for the totally useless post.. Not to mention one that is off topic.. If that is how you see QQ then that is your problem.. :rolleyes:

I have no problem with it, but yes, that is how I see "QQ". If you had anything substantive to say, you'd use words. "QQ" is just stupid.

Please do not impose your psychological profiling over the internet. I'm not upset. If EA/BW gets out of control or to the point where I believe they are out of control, I will just leave the game. I did before. I am just expressing the valid claims of other subscribers who do not fanboi blindly focus on EA/BW's every word as if they were the gods of MMO gaming. They are not, not even close. The game is a good game. I'd hate to see them nickle and dime subscibers into quitting.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

The only reason the Cathar is in the Cartel Market is so the F2P people will buy it.. Subs get a grant so it is free..

If that's the case why not automatically grant it to subs? Without using cc? Would that not show the f2p crowd "hey look over here at how great it is as a subscriber, you get cathar for FREE!!! And you get 500 cartel coins to spend on cool outfits!"

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

Though truth be told, GW2 was F2P from the start and no subscription model.

Don't you think that is the point here? The point is that yes, you have to pay in GW2 but not above and beyond subscription fees. In fact, GW2 is constantly updating content for free. People are not paying for it. Now EA/BW on the other hand is charging a subscription fee and then charging above and beyond for all new content. I would hate to see the game fail because they are nickle and diming subscribers. That is merely my calming debated thought.

It may come down to that. All future content will be paid for by subscribers and f2p players. End of discussion. There will be nothing new added to the game that isn't paid for in real money. They've already set that precedent with the Makeb DLC. No one on this post except maybe you, is freaking out. We're calming stating concerns over the state of the game. EA/BW has a lot of competition out there, new games coming out all the time, buy to play and subscription based. They need to be on their toes.

You are not calmly stating any concerns about anything.. It is not rational to say that because the Cathar is going to be sold out of the Cartel Market that we need to be worried about Ops or flashpoints as well.. They are not connected.. Nor will it ever happen..

You also don't know what all future content will be paid by.. By the way.. All current and future content is currently be paid by both F2P and subscribers.. So what?? Who cares and why do you?? What do you think funds this game?? Checkers?? Real money pays for all future content.. Yup.. Programmers have a salary.. You aren't stating anything that isn't already true and is true with every other MMO.. Where is the problem??

Are the going to make subscribers pay for a new Op, warzone, flashpoint, or event?? No.. Not a chance.. Why did we pay for Makeb do you wonder?? Well.. Other games are allowed to charge for an expansion, why isn't Bioware??

Seriously.. Come on now.. :)

Don't you think that is the point here? The point is that yes, you have to pay in GW2 but not above and beyond subscription fees. In fact, GW2 is constantly updating content for free. People are not paying for it. Now EA/BW on the other hand is charging a subscription fee and then charging above and beyond for all new content. I would hate to see the game fail because they are nickle and diming subscribers. That is merely my calming debated thought.

Did you pay for TFB?? No.. Did you pay for EC?? No... Did you pay for all the events?? No.. Did you pay for any of the flashpoints or warzones added?? No.. We haven't paid for a single thing for over a year.. Seriously.. Go back and read the patch notes from launch 1.0 till just before 2.0.. That was all free content.. So they charge for an expansion and you are now here QQ to the rest of the forum over nothing.. How many expansions has GW2 charged for?? ALL OF THEM!!!

Give it a rest.. Like I said.. You just want to QQ..

Edited by MajikMyst

You are not calmly stating any concerns about anything.. It is not rational to say that because the Cathar is going to be sold out of the Cartel Market that we need to be worried about Ops or flashpoints as well.. They are not connected.. Nor will it ever happen..

You also don't know what all future content will be paid by.. By the way.. All current and future content is currently be paid by both F2P and subscribers.. So what?? Who cares and why do you?? What do you think funds this game?? Checkers?? Real money pays for all future content.. Yup.. Programmers have a salary.. You aren't stating anything that isn't already true and is true with every other MMO.. Where is the problem??

Are the going to make subscribers pay for a new Op, warzone, flashpoint, or event?? No.. Not a chance.. Why did we pay for Makeb do you wonder?? Well.. Other games are allowed to charge for an expansion, why isn't Bioware??

Seriously.. Come on now.. :)

That is not the point of my post. The point of my post is not warzones or flashpoints. The point is future content. Not all games out there charge for future content. You may want to do some digging around because you are wrong. Not all MMOs charge for future content. I log into GW2 a lot and they are constantly updating content, fun enjoyable content and guess what, oh my gosh, it's FREE. Yup, they are an MMO and their content is FREE.

Edited by AlaricSevGirl

That is not the point of my post. The point of my post is not warzones or flashpoints. The point is future content. Not all games out there charge for future content. You may want to do some digging around because you are wrong. Not all MMOs charge for future content. I log into GW2 a lot and they are constantly updating content, fun enjoyable content and guess what, oh my gosh, it's FREE. Yup, they are an MMO and their content is FREE.

What is future content to you?? You are still making baseless claims.. Do you even know what future content is?? Because unless you can specifically identify what content is.. Your claims are baseless and your comparison is less than honest..

Edited by MajikMyst

What is future content to you?? You are still making baseless claims.. Do you even know what future content is??

Future content is DLC, new flash points, new operations, or as in GW2, new dungeons, new games, new jumping puzzles, and the list goes on. Do you know how to hold an intelligent conversation. Obviously not.

Future content is DLC, new flash points, new operations, or as in GW2, new dungeons, new games, new jumping puzzles, and the list goes on. Do you know how to hold an intelligent conversation. Obviously not.

What??

That is not the point of my post. The point of my post is not warzones or flashpoints. The point is future content.

So which is it??

We have received over a years worth of new content on SWTOR for absolutely free.. New ops.. New events.. New warzones... A new companion.. New game features like the LFG system.. All for free.. That is content..

Do you know to hold an intelligent conversation.. Read your own posts lately?? :rolleyes:

Edited by MajikMyst

If that's the case why not automatically grant it to subs? Without using cc? Would that not show the f2p crowd "hey look over here at how great it is as a subscriber, you get cathar for FREE!!! And you get 500 cartel coins to spend on cool outfits!"

They are giving you coins and giving you shopping choices. They are giving you freedom of choice to buy what you like and ignore what you don't like.

Freedom requires responsibility on your part. Make choices accordingly.

You're making the same old threats that players have made since online games came out. "Do what I want or I'll quit."

Sorry, but no one really cares about that.

As for your 'all future content will be paid for with REAL MONEY!' comment is just plain silly and you know it.

HC was advertised from the start as a paid expansion with NEW endgame content. Not 'cosmetic' content that the CM deals with, so of course it would come with a price tag. Using that as an example of '**** we'll all be charged for new Flash Points!' is just silly and you know it.

When Lost Island come out, did subbed players have to pay extra to access it? No, of course not.

Let me tell you why it'll never ever EVER happen: The day that they announce that Subbed players will have to pay Cartel Coins to access new Flash Points, War Zones, Operations, the subbed community will walk. And they know it.

The CM deals with Cosmetic features and nothing else(aside from a couple of stupid decisions regarding lvl 10 crystals and lol space combat stuff).

The day they try to sell Flash Points/Operations/PVP zones to subbed players, most of the players will walk.

Until that day, I think we can all safely calm the hell down and relax.

They are giving you coins and giving you shopping choices. They are giving you freedom of choice to buy what you like and ignore what you don't like.

Right, and I will make those choices. The point I'm making is why not make farther free for subscribers? Would that not present a better business model to attract f2p to sub if subs got cathar free and could use their 500cc for whatevs?

^ This.

Also the OP shouldn't be calling out an individual Staff Member like that. Its rude.