We seriously need a item rating requirement on Mastermode Flashpoint

Well Keith has promised an improvement to the Groupfinder with missing roles being rewarded more, so I wonder what that will be and if it will bring the desired effect. I mean I have done all achievos for FPS and have no need to do them anymore. There is no reward for it.

However if I would see that for example they are missing a tank for long and if I que now as tank and finish the FPS I get some special reward I would be up for it.

Well Keith has promised an improvement to the Groupfinder with missing roles being rewarded more, so I wonder what that will be and if it will bring the desired effect. I mean I have done all achievos for FPS and have no need to do them anymore. There is no reward for it.

However if I would see that for example they are missing a tank for long and if I que now as tank and finish the FPS I get some special reward I would be up for it.

Just did Rishi MM. Level 50 dps and tank wouldn't stay out of stupid. The 50 wouldn't read/type in chat. Only 'til we got to final boss did we find out that 2 of our crew couldn't/wouldn't do the mechanics. We need Keith's improvements very soon. MM GF barely pops these days as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

From my experience, tanks/healers with lower gear (unless below 288) rating are ok as long as one has higher. Healed BH in 230 (unaugmented). Tank was T4.

Low dps can be a real problem tho, especially if bosses have enrage or similar feature.

Edited by Johrun

From my experience, tanks/healers with lower gear (unless below 288) rating are ok as long as one has higher. Healed BH in 230 (unaugmented). Tank was T4.

Low dps can be a real problem tho, especially if bosses have enrage or similar feature.

I agree with healers being ok in lower gear (I also healed BH in 230 gear). But I am not sure about tanks since they will take more damage in lower tier gear and probably lose threat.

I agree with healers being ok in lower gear (I also healed BH in 230 gear). But I am not sure about tanks since they will take more damage in lower tier gear and probably lose threat.

Correct, but most FPs are still doable. I managed to finish with no wipes Fractured master as 230 t (sith enities included), though admittedly healer was a wonder.

Every time this thread bumps I wonder why, instead of trying to find more restrictive ways for people to enjoy the game, you're not writing us entertaining entries in the Weird People thread about how the bad pug hurt you :D Edited by aerockyul

• 2 weeks later...
I can take a step back on my argument that mastermode flashpoints needs a item level requirement, but the fact remains that when i join a group for korriban, blood hunt, or any other enrageoriented-need to have good damage output-flashpoints, when a below level 70 dps is the group, there is not enough dps to complete it.

Yesterday me and a friend decided to level our merc heals on harbinger...fyi we are from germany so we play with like 150-250 ms there. we wanted to do mm fps, so one of us needed to change spec to dps... i did that...blood hunt popped.... i had 216-220 healing gear with a accuracy stim (the old ones) so i had like 104.25% ... still was able to do 6.5k dps on the first boss, wich meets the requirement for this boss as you need approximately 16k total dps.... 6.5 per dps and 3k from the tank = 16k.... we killed it 25 sec before enrage

i was playing dead nerfed arsenal with lvl 68 and healing gear....

a 246 marauder does like 6.5k dps only by spamming autohit and filler... if u play the boss correctly with letting the mandos come to the *** of the boss a marauder alone will do like 11k+ dps easily..... if your tank wears some dps gear and the healer knows what a cleanse button is he can do another 1.5 - 2k dps... so you can do it with 3 man....

people should whine less and learn to play...

if i would need to be geared nim ready for a fp its would be laughable as there is this thing called bolster

Edited by Opiklo

Yesterday me and a friend decided to level our merc heals on harbinger...fyi we are from germany so we play with like 150-250 ms there. we wanted to do mm fps, so one of us needed to change spec to dps... i did that...blood hunt popped.... i had 216-220 healing gear with a accuracy stim (the old ones) so i had like 104.25% ... still was able to do 6.5k dps on the first boss, wich meets the requirement for this boss as you need approximately 16k total dps.... 6.5 per dps and 3k from the tank = 16k.... we killed it 25 sec before enrage

i was playing dead nerfed arsenal with lvl 68 and healing gear....

a 246 marauder does like 6.5k dps only by spamming autohit and filler... if u play the boss correctly with letting the mandos come to the *** of the boss a marauder alone will do like 11k+ dps easily..... if your tank wears some dps gear and the healer knows what a cleanse button is he can do another 1.5 - 2k dps... so you can do it with 3 man....

people should whine less and learn to play...

if i would need to be geared nim ready for a fp its would be laughable as there is this thing called bolster

Gearing my Merc myself at the moment. And completing MM FP achievements in the meantime. Blood Hunt is one of the few that I still need. So yesterday I got a pop for it. My merc has average gear rating of 240 with some augments missing. I pulled 7.5k on each wipe we had. Yes, we wiped to enrage. First, we had a mara (239 gear rating). Wiping at about 15% on the boss with me ignoring all adds after 3rd wave... How miserable was that mara's rotation, oh god.

We kicked him, got 230 geared Lethality (!!) Operative. He seemed experienced and was confident about himself when I told him we had DPS issues... Wipe to enrage twice again...

At this point I just got tired and left.

Sure, 2nd guy wasn't well geared. He was playing one of the highest DPS disciplines though. And the first? And on mara? In such case even min rating of 242 would not help... It's just a player being terrible at his class.

Edited by Equeliber

Gearing my Merc myself at the moment. And completing MM FP achievements in the meantime. Blood Hunt is one of the few that I still need. So yesterday I got a pop for it. My merc has average gear rating of 240 with some augments missing. I pulled 7.5k on each wipe we had. Yes, we wiped to enrage. First, we had a mara (239 gear rating). Wiping at about 15% on the boss with me ignoring all adds after 3rd wave... How miserable was that mara's rotation, oh god.

We kicked him, got 230 geared Lethality (!!) Operative. He seemed experienced and was confident about himself when I told him we had DPS issues... Wipe to enrage twice again...

At this point I just got tired and left.

Sure, 2nd guy wasn't well geared. He was playing one of the highest DPS disciplines though. And the first? And on mara? In such case even min rating of 242 would not help... It's just a player being terrible at his class.

This is why Blood Hunt needs a gear requirement, or at least they should lengthen the enrage timer.

Well the 242 requirement for Umbara is indeed nice but it seems all good players already done it 25x since for the past 2 weeks I wasnt able to move past boss 1 with a group. People either leave at start or give up after wipes.

I skip this one when it becomes apparent two or even three others have never done it. Too much headache for so little reward. I don't check anyone's gear, it's pretty simple to tell when people are doing it for the first time, as they trip all the traps, pull entire rooms and panic instead of focus. No one listens to advice during the first boss and no one bothers with the measly two kolto stations with long respawn timers.

I zoned in to an in-progress group who pulled the entire room underneath the two (used-to-be-bugged) turrets. They dropped down, melted, no enemies killed, rinsed and repeated. They wouldn't even drop in at the same time, they'd go down one at a time. I subjected myself to one pull when I thought we'd all go down at the same time and two of them stayed at the top and I wound up with a 23k repair bill from the one pull. I 'noped' out of there quickly. If the group can't figure this room out the first boss will be a disaster.

This is why Blood Hunt needs a gear requirement, or at least they should lengthen the enrage timer.

did it again today on harbinger... me as sage heal one of my friends as vanguard tank and anothe rone on his commando artellerist lvl 67 item rating 189 with no set bonus.....

first we had a 246 gunslinger who left after 2 wipes.... we requeued got a lvl 65 gunslinger with item rating 196... and gues what we cleared the flashpoint....

so why the hell does it need a gear requirement or changed enrage timers when a lvl 65 does more dps than the 246 guy...if it would have a requirement you would lock out a lot of people whho could clear it even with the *******st alts and will get people with top tier gear which cant even autoshot on gcd.....

When Blood Hunt was released, Raiders were loudmouthing that they had no real challenge whatsoever anymore. I very clearly remember those threads here in the forums.

Then they got their challenge ...

for raiders bloodhunt is no challenge at all.... its more like eating cake.... even if you dont have a fork (gear) you can get the job done in a way which isnt that beautiful....

GET GOOD is the easy solution

This is why Blood Hunt needs a gear requirement

No it doesn't, it needs people to learn how to play their classes.

I did it with a group of guildies the other week, me on a lvl 67 Anni Mara, an IO Merc who is still coming to grips with IO's heat usage, a Sin tank in Defense mods, and an Op healer who struggles a bit with lots of moving around to avoid stuff and heal at the same time, so there wasn't much dps from the tank and healer, which doesn't worry me.

First boss, I sat on the boss, Merc got the adds, and we got it down first pull just as it hit enrage.

If we can do that, anyone can. We aren't top players by any stretch of imagination, but we're still decent enough at our classes and at following mechanics to clear stuff.

Gear isn't the problem, and a gear rating/requirement isn't the solution.

If we can do that, anyone can. We aren't top players by any stretch of imagination, but we're still decent enough at our classes and at following mechanics to clear stuff.

Gear isn't the problem, and a gear rating/requirement isn't the solution.

An earlier post mentioned something like proving ground, i think that would be a very good idea. just simple move a bit around and do dps checks.... similar for healers just with 3 targets and themselves to keep up have a debuff to cleanse aswell.... for tanks getting hit moderatly hard and have a very weak heal comp which does like 5 times the aggro of what it heals add some ground aoes aswell and done are those proving grounds...