jedi(sith) pureblood

xxCheliosxx

So i made a pure blood jedi knight.I dropped 1.5 million credits to unlock the race for pub side.Being that i never made a class using the pure blood race.I am level 19 and already regretting it.Some of the dialog just does not fit and could someone tell me is/was there ever any pure blood jedi?Will there be a even larger disconnect between my sith pure blood and the jedi storyline if i kept leveling ? I am on the verge of deleting my pure blood jedi and just wanted some community input on pure blood filling the roll of a jedi and it making sense with in the story.

ps: i know about lord scourge ..but he is not a jedi he is still sith. :wea_03:

So i made a pure blood jedi knight.I dropped 1.5 million credits to unlock the race for pub side.Being that i never made a class using the pure blood race.I am level 19 and already regretting it.Some of the dialog just does not fit and could someone tell me is/was there ever any pure blood jedi?Will there be a even larger disconnect between my sith pure blood and the jedi storyline if i kept leveling ? I am on the verge of deleting my pure blood jedi and just wanted some community input on pure blood filling the roll of a jedi and it making sense with in the story.

ps: i know about lord scourge ..but he is not a jedi he is still sith. :wea_03:

Were there Pureblood Jedi?...yes. I have only seen them in the new series Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi by Dark Horse Comics.

The closest so far is Lord Praven that you meet during the Knight storyline. Thousands of years before the Great Schism, however, there were a lot of Sith Pureblood Je'Daii on Tython who studied the Force alongside other races.

This ^

When Tython, the ancestral homeworld of the Jedi was first colonized, it was colonized by thousands of beings from nearly as many different world. Red Sith, or sith Purebloods included.

what happened to them in the time between the Force Wars and now no one really knows, maybe they interbred with other republic races and faded away, maybe some kept a pure red sith bloodline going to current day. but lore wise jedi red sith are plausible.

Aren't we adding to Lore by playing a game set in an expanding time period? No one seems to bat an eye at the state of Tatooine being ripe for Imperial take over, war on Corellia, the general state of the galaxy at large.

The RP community seems to be mixed about this. If you can come up with a very good, sound reason for RPing one, then what's the problem? Obviously you're not going to be trained on Korriban and thought "nah, this is wrong, I've found the Lightside, I'll be Jedi instead."

I've just accepted a sith pureblood into the RP guild I have. I was so anti the whole pureblood jedi thing I almost immediately rejected it, but one of my officers asked me a question.

"Does the character meet all requirements of a good soild based RP character which is believeable and not "snowflaked" in anyway? Is the only reason you want to say no because it's pureblood?"

When looking at it from that angle, why shouldn't a pureblood become Lore? Lore in the SW universe becomes Lore when people write it in official novels, comics and video games.

Did anyone really complain when suddenly Chiss are galaxy wide known in this period yet in 3000+ years time when Thrawn appears people don't seem to really know much about him or his people.

So a Republic soldier on an outer rim mission finds a colony of mixed races slaughtered by an unknown foe. Finds a Sith pureblood female dead but her infant child alive. Do you kill the child as it's pureblood or do you take it somewhere in the republic when it can be raised under republic laws, learn the jedi ways and not be indoctrinated by the Empire and follow the usual Sith pureblood upbringing.

Surely that child would grow to maturity as knowing and understanding the ways of the republic and not suddenly go, no the empire way is right.

That's not the guys background but its a way to make pureblood jedi fit. All it takes is a little time, thought and willingness to accept something new. I'm sure if one of the big star wars authors were to put that into a novel everyone would go - ok, its in this book it's lore. Just because it's a character option in a game doesn't mean we can't accept it. Just make it believeable and don't fudge in stupid ideas about it.

So a Republic soldier on an outer rim mission finds a colony of mixed races slaughtered by an unknown foe. Finds a Sith pureblood female dead but her infant child alive. Do you kill the child as it's pureblood or do you take it somewhere in the republic when it can be raised under republic laws, learn the jedi ways and not be indoctrinated by the Empire and follow the usual Sith pureblood upbringing.

Mary Jane would have to say that this poor orphan pureblood raised by the kind and understanding Jedi would have to one day discover his dark heritage - that he was actually a genetic son of the emperor - and go out to wreak a bloody revenge on the republic. The orphan line is one of the weakest RP ploys out there.

Sorry. There are better ways to rationalise it, including working with what we have, Lord Pravan. I was most impressed by this Sith, most impressed. There is a definite opening there for any pureblood I feel.

Edited by Bhaers

Mary Jane would have to say that this poor orphan pureblood raised by the kind and understanding Jedi would have to one day discover his dark heritage - that he was actually a genetic son of the emperor - and go out to wreak a bloody revenge on the republic. The orphan line is one of the weakest RP ploys out there.

Sorry. There are better ways to rationalise it, including working with what we have, Lord Pravan. I was most impressed by this Sith, most impressed. There is a definite opening there for any pureblood I feel.

He even states in part of the convo that his entire family holds Integrity and Honor above all else, so yes. There are "Old School" Sith out there that believe in those things, and will do what Honor bids them to do. Praven was also a special case, since he realized that Angral had used him. He figured out that Angral had no honor, so he defected.

Some of the dialog just does not fit

Can you give an example or two? I was thinking of doing this exact same thing (making a Sith Jedi) but I'm a bit wary of my Sith saying something like "What is a Sith pureblood? I've never heard of these people." Obviously I could ignore it a few times but if it happens often enough it could get annoying.

He even states in part of the convo that his entire family holds Integrity and Honor above all else, so yes. There are "Old School" Sith out there that believe in those things, and will do what Honor bids them to do. Praven was also a special case, since he realized that Angral had used him. He figured out that Angral had no honor, so he defected.

There are also quite a few cases of NPCs who have turned dark being bought back. There is one on Nar Shadaa in the side quest during shadow town, empire capturing the troops in a brothel and turning them into slaves.

Spoiler on a companion:

There is also the Republic player companion I won't name who was not only Sith but a "Child of the Emperor" as well.

I see it as quite feasible that the council are able to assist in a Sith defector putting aside most of their focussed hate and becoming Jedi. And we know that in the dark tombs on Kaas there is a Sith who millennia ago was light.

I have put my trooper on the shelf for a little and am running a pureblood inquisitor at the moment (it annoyed me no end she started as a slave) with the idea of re-rolling my Jedi Sage to be pureblood (he stagnated at level 19).

I can see that honour will be what has brought her to be a defector from the Sith to the Jedi, that like other characters who defected she considers her own personal honour to be more important than being used as a pawn to suit some Darth's goals. In my mind at the moment she will be grey rather than light, she might still tinge to dark I believe, her basic thoughts will still be dark.

I do love the racial ability of the pureblood. It makes me laugh each time I make poor harassed Khem cry. Poor Qyzen, he doesn't know what's coming.

Edited by Bhaers